What's new

Acapulco Gold

pinkus

Veteran
2 of 3 seeds are up!

I've got to say that I am pretty surprised anything germed.

:bandit:

I think I finally have a female

I think I finally have a female

After several months and a couple of males I think I finally got my female. It's a tall scraggly looking thing but I like it. :biggrin:

Last edited:

I just tried but could not access any of those links, but I'd like to see them so I'll keep trying.
Although it is in 12/12 it has not started to flower, but already 52" high. I didn't want to top it but I'm starting to get a little concerned. Everything else (Bangi Haze, Snow Temple, Erdpurt and Kosher Kush) started at the same time are sitting on 5 gallon buckets plus an additional 10" spacer to even the canopy for an inside grow.

Last edited:

pinkus

Veteran
picture.php

thejact55

Glad they popped for you. 5 years isnt that old. 10 year old seeds if stored properly dont give too much trouble.
Hoping you get a lad and lady.

pinkus

Veteran
I either wrote it wrong or there are conclusions being jumped. I got them at least 5 years ago, but they were old then. Most crumbled in the pack when I got them. There were 5 not dust in the pack when i located it a few weeks ago. 3 floated, the other two sank basically disintegrated. the third floater is still in the rooter.

I got them from about the time of Cannacollective's inception, so when they went online, that's when I got them. RuralGrowOp (IIRC) sent them to me because he knew I was the old sativa guy out of the initial batch of moderators. They don't even have a forum anymore.

Phylos Bioscience

Phylos Bioscience

It would be interesting to see what the genetic makeup looks from a sample (Nierika's Acapulco Gold) to Phylos Biosciense for gene mapping. Has anyone ever tried this? It looks like they have 1 on file that could be the real deal, and one that is more than likely a Frankenstein.

I ended up topping mine (which I didn't want to do) to keep it off the 8' ceiling lights, tying it down every 2 days, and it's still stretching like crazy with only a couple 2-3 weeks into flowering.... sure hope it slows down before too much longer.

I have grown Barney's A.G. in the same space and height wasn't an issue at all so I'm getting a real good feeling about this one.:dance013:

ahortator

Veteran
It would be interesting to see what the genetic makeup looks from a sample (Nierika's Acapulco Gold) to Phylos Biosciense for gene mapping. Has anyone ever tried this? It looks like they have 1 on file that could be the real deal, and one that is more than likely a Frankenstein.

I ended up topping mine (which I didn't want to do) to keep it off the 8' ceiling lights, tying it down every 2 days, and it's still stretching like crazy with only a couple 2-3 weeks into flowering.... sure hope it slows down before too much longer.

I have grown Barney's A.G. in the same space and height wasn't an issue at all so I'm getting a real good feeling about this one.:dance013:

Hi. Ask to Sam. You can send leaves. In fact Sam said it is easier to get DNA from a dry leaf than from seeds!

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought G13 Came from AG seeds & was from seeds that Edd grew out from Nev @ his warehouses & came back to Nev with plants with Numbers & Letters.. The story is made up so to remove the blame from any person blaming it on the American Government shysters..

Ron in the Damprink still has the AG13 & the hybrids for sale..

Raho

Veteran
I thought G13 Came from AG seeds & was from seeds that Edd grew out from Nev @ his warehouses & came back to Nev with plants with Numbers & Letters.. The story is made up so to remove the blame from any person blaming it on the American Government shysters..

Ron in the Damprink still has the AG13 & the hybrids for sale..

AG13=Acapulco Gold Dave?
Funny how stories are created.

Nev brought G13 back to the Netherlands as a cutting from a trip to the pacific northwest to get Northern Lights seeds.
He brought back the "Hash Plant" cutting at the same time.

The "AG13" cutting in the Netherlands is G13 x Haze A (A x G13). Nev used to put the male first in his older pedigrees. The "C5" cutting is Haze C (male) x NL5 (cut).

The whole story about govt labs was marketing BS.

edited to add:
Dave, if you can get the AG13 cutting, you should get it.
The haze A in that hybrid is pretty unique, and if you were to make S1's from the cut, it would be pretty straightforward to segregate the hazeA phenos.
I've run a selection of seeds from an AG13 hybrid and one of the plants was a once in a lifetime sativa.

All the best

Last edited: