What's new

Acapulco Gold

Have you smoked it yet Beaver? Your buds appear denser than mine.I smoked a bowl of the Bodhi AG the other night that has been in the jar 10 months. Nice high. I was looking for more of a trip though.

I am starting Snow's AG for this run. Two crosses of different AG as well.

I have not sampled it yet, it has just dried down enough to maintain 62% with a Boveda. I trimmed up the cream of the crop for that first pic and want to get a nice cure going. I got 2.4 Oz of good bud and an ice cream bucket full of popcorn buds.

Last edited:

Kankakee

Yes those packs are long gone. Only lasted 3 days max after I posted in this thread about them A.G.

They had been listed at an american seed bank in the midwest. He gave away the A.G. w/ Peshawar Pakistan as freebies and he gave them away with Zipolite Oaxaca.

I can't think of the name but many members like snow, bodhi, charlie garcia etc ....all belonged to a small private group who passed pure landrace genetics ( Vibes Company ). So this is the reason they were freebies and not sold. I think limited packs available last few months from bodhi and he may have dropped some A.G. a couple years back. But many times he drops these limited lines then never releases them again ( like choc trip etc )

I'm almost positive Snow got his A.G. from Bodhi. And yes they are Nierika seeds release. The bank I spoke of had 20 packs total of A.G. as freebies10 w/ Paki & 10 with Oaxaca. So you may need for someone to makes more seeds.

FYI - many people in said small group of traders ( some members of Vibes Company ) did not like snow dropping many of these pure landrace that had been traded by private members....

:tiphat:

Last edited:
Thanks for your explanation Kankakee . I hope to take a couple more clones off of the one currently vegging and maybe do a seed run of my own..... no telling if I'll ever have this chance again.

Kankakee

No problem Beaver ...

Everyone should understand many of snow's offering came from vibe. And 100% legit even if a few come with names that might not equate with genetics offered ( like congo black ) BUT they are legit 100% landrace lines that can we worked upon further.

And if not for snow passing them, they would continued to he hoarded by Vibe members. But again from 1988 onward many seed lines abused by many finding good smoke then renaming them and starting a seed company off others genetics. I'd say upwards of 90% have done this in some way or another ( 1980's - 2018 )... So anyone who has picked up snow's recent offering should count themselves very lucky. And seeing snow because of poor health drifts in and out of scene may find a point in future that he never drops these sativa landrace genetics again, or anyone for that matter....

So you gotta respect some taking issue with passing of private club releases ... always two sides on every coin.

herbgreen

Veteran
liquidkid06 came up with these Acapulco gold and given out by bodhi/nierika

Vibes collective was a forum of spanish growers including charlie garcia but that was a long time ago...Nothing whatsoever to do with bodhi's Acapulco gold

Snowhighs Acapulco Gold is different than Bodhi's

There is a lot of wrong information here

Kankakee

really ..... ?

Jamaican Lambsbread, Swazi Red, Angolese/Thai, Angolese Red, Uzbekistan, Ethiopian, Malawi Gold, Zamal, Dalat, Senegal Haze, Double Congo and so on..etc etc etc ....Double Congo strain from Tropical Seed Co etc etc . all given to/passed snow by vibe / landrace crew but all in the same ....

i also seen quote by snow about AG from bodhi.

so only bad info on my part might be snow / bodhi having two different lines.... but i don't think so as swami organic also traded with bodhi ... he clued me in on a few things as his work now being used by bodhi / snow

but thanks anyways herb' and bodhi, snow and swami not spanish so not sure what that has anything to do with anything.... and if you wanna get real specific herb, MustaFunk finds it funny Acapulco Gold Congo Black even being used as name on these genetics so it really does not matter who's line is who's now does it ....

run along bro-

Last edited:
P

~Papillon~

No problem Beaver ...

Everyone should understand many of snow's offering came from vibe. And 100% legit even if a few come with names that might not equate with genetics offered ( like congo black ) BUT they are legit 100% landrace lines that can we worked upon further.

And if not for snow passing them, they would continued to he hoarded by Vibe members. But again from 1988 onward many seed lines abused by many finding good smoke then renaming them and starting a seed company off others genetics. I'd say upwards of 90% have done this in some way or another ( 1980's - 2018 )... So anyone who has picked up snow's recent offering should count themselves very lucky. And seeing snow because of poor health drifts in and out of scene may find a point in future that he never drops these sativa landrace genetics again, or anyone for that matter....

So you gotta respect some taking issue with passing of private club releases ... always two sides on every coin.

Black Congolese/Double Congo
a cut of the male

we do not go off topic.

Kankakee

sorry.

Nice plant my brother ''' again the key is the fact they are landrace pure genetics ..... i'd advise all bulking lines because the more you grow the large spectrum for attaining something special.

I have a truck load of pure landrace from all actors i spoke about.

P

~Papillon~

sorry.

Nice plant my brother ''' again the key is the fact they are landrace pure genetics ..... i'd advise all bulking lines because the more you grow the large spectrum for attaining something special.

I have a truck load of pure landrace from all actors i spoke about.

yes I like it too much
I thank you so much for the advice, we hope well.
Thx

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
To my knowledge Snow's AG is not from Bodhi. I asked Snow about that. Snow had multiple AG's he was working with. I do not get the feeling he is a bullshitter.

That said, the plants from both breeds look very alike. Small fan leaves delicate looking, very sativa.

As was said by Mustafunk, calling some strain by a state or country is kind of silly. They grew multiple lines in each state or country, maybe had a main one though.

:dunno:
There are a lot of names here that I have never heard of but are/were obviously important players. Is there a thread anywhere explaining the relationship of these individuals and how they worked together (or against each other?) It sounds like there was "Vibes Company" that many were involved in, but I can't find any information on them. I have only become involved the last 3-4 years so I'm sure they were before my time.

Thanks
tiphat.gif

I can't think of the name but many members like snow, bodhi, charlie garcia etc ....all belonged to a small private group who passed pure landrace genetics ( Vibes Company ).
I'm almost positive Snow got his A.G. from Bodhi. And yes they are Nierika seeds release.
FYI - many people in said small group of traders ( some members of Vibes Company ) did not like snow dropping many of these pure landrace that had been traded by private members....

liquidkid06 came up with these Acapulco gold and given out by bodhi/nierika

Vibes collective was a forum of spanish growers including charlie garcia but that was a long time ago...Nothing whatsoever to do with bodhi's Acapulco gold

Snowhighs Acapulco Gold is different than Bodhi's

There is a lot of wrong information here

:tiphat:[/quote]

To my knowledge Snow's AG is not from Bodhi. I asked Snow about that. Snow had multiple AG's he was working with. I do not get the feeling he is a bullshitter.

That said, the plants from both breeds look very alike. Small fan leaves delicate looking, very sativa.

As was said by Mustafunk, calling some strain by a state or country is kind of silly. They grew multiple lines in each state or country, maybe had a main one though.

J

jaded1

Has snow got an AG line now?His older releases used a male from dutchgrowns AG/C99 cross

ahortator

Veteran
:dunno:
There are a lot of names here that I have never heard of but are/were obviously important players. Is there a thread anywhere explaining the relationship of these individuals and how they worked together (or against each other?) It sounds like there was "Vibes Company" that many were involved in, but I can't find any information on them. I have only become involved the last 3-4 years so I'm sure they were before my time.

ThanksView Image

[/QUOTE]

The key player for the Bodhi/Nierika AG is greywolf too.

this is a great thread...

i dont get alot of time these days to surf the forums..

but its a real treat when i do, so much great info and sharing...

***mustafunk is absolutley correct.... the ag is from liquid kid who got them from his mentor greywolf. ive had to tip toe around the subject for a bit because i was not sure liquid kid wanted to be revealed, but i got some confirmation its ok to share the info. most of the full grows of the ag are on two private sites that has also made things harder to divulge. the ag is a vintage line that greywolf obtained long ago, its a creative sativa that lends itself to music and merrymaking, its a 14-16 weeker, and is semi stable indoors... a friend really wanted to grow some ag and i offered him mine under the promise to make more so everyone could enjoy them, the nierika freebies are those seeds......

the zipolite was from an oaxaca trip around 8 years ago, ive grown her seeds on and off since then. its mostly an electric commercial hybrid with a whole range of phenos, 8-12 weeks, with some really special sativas hidden in the line. aromas range from cedar to tropical fruits and citrus. my favorite smoke from that trip was a classic mexican sativa spear from mazunte but it was lost in a mishap.

He didn't get the AG from a trip but from someone else, but it's a different line than the one Snow was working with. Liquid Kid sourced and reproduced the strain like I've said, from the 2 only plants that germinated in 2010 out of the 5 seeds he received (he posted that on an invitation-only forum). No background info on the strain, only a reference about getting it from down the south. It was just an old grow log with pics that are no longer online. Jammaster received seeds and did another repro in 2010. I know for a fact that Bodhi was a member on that forum too and he received the seeds from Greywolf via Liquid Kid and reproduced the stock.

What he definitely sourced from a trip was the Zipolite, I've posted some of his pics on the Zipolite thread, he sourced that from the beach like some people said, from a very touristy and common surf destination. It was the only strain he brought from that 2010 collection trip after he lost all of them. Buds normally came from the Oaxacan mountains nearby, qualities differ depending on stocks though:

I'd rather call it Liquid Kid's Acapulco as a matter of respect... Bodhi, after all, simply reproduced a strain he received from someone else and is releasing it to the public. In a similar way, ACE is just getting a piece of the cake and making the most of the chance to redistribute a big named cultivar.

But credit goes to Liquid_kid06, who sourced and preserved the strain in 2010 and passed it along, as far as I know, his thread can still be found at the Canna Cabana. Gotta give credit when credit is due, as often originators get lost in translation within this big game of egos and money.

Preserving the original and true story behind every genetics is just as important as preserving the seeds themselves IMHO, otherwise it's just random seeds... without this people, no one else will be growing those nowadays and we wouldn't be able to document a piece of history.

Vibes. :tiphat:

All this and much more in the page 10 of this same thread...!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7835685

Green

Veteran
From greywolf-liquidkid_06-bohdi seeds.

Yesterday, I opened up a jar of 4 month cured, grown in tropical sunshine. Smelled of Lemon/lime with warm spices.

Rolled one, proceeded to light and inhale. And just wow... my mind was blown to smithereens with huge smile.

Anyway just wanted to post that this is indeed a special line. It really reminded me of some of the phenos in Old timers haze. Makes me suspect that Old timers may hold a lot of ancient Mexican in it.

I do have a question for some of you AG experts. Circa what year did Greywolf source these AG seeds?

herbgreen

Veteran
They have been sourced from within Mexico from a breeder who has maintained them. My friend and contact has family in Mexico. He is involved in the sourcing of them. Whether they are authentic or not, I cannot say but I have his word for it and that is enough for me now. In time they will come to reveal themselves as they are grown and maturity time comes.

Cernunnos seems like he would know when these brought here

I may have read something about them being maintained in mexico from the early 70s

Latest posts

Latest posts