What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Lebanizer

And oni means demon so bear demon. Not sure if related to the himalayan red bear or "the valley of the devils" or idk lol
Let's ditch the demon part and focus on the more endearing "big bear" aspect. I have (too ?) many Kumaoni seeds yet I've never taken the time to pop one. Since it's a Himalayan strain, I expect it to provide you with a pleasant upbeat and warm high. However I wonder how different it is from Nanda Devi, which has a very unique kick. On the one hand it is exciting that we have so many landrace to explore, on the other hand it's kinda depressing as one always feels well... late and unfulfilled because you haven't completed all your projects. But I'm digressing...

Last edited:

CannaZen

On the one hand it is exciting that we have so many landrace to explore, on the other hand it's kinda depressing as one always feels well... late and unfulfilled because you haven't completed all your projects. But I'm digressing...
yeah it takes a decade(s) of selection to refine I'd imagine, Relying on other people's work for the other landrace varietals. High resin percentages, terpenes, cannabinoid ratios, growth structure. I decided to grow worked lines instead however I'm still interested

p59teitel

Waziri repros really hitting their stride now - bracts are swelling and resinous
-
EABA5A3E-2035-4EC9-A096-733888FB48A2.jpeg

86AA49B8-8F7D-484B-B445-47FFDF6B7BFF.jpeg
3901C347-B654-4775-9F46-DD95AEF72B09.jpeg
B70A45AD-794B-4AF8-ABF1-554A7D9D188F.jpeg

Last edited:

blondie

yeah it takes a decade(s) of selection to refine I'd imagine, Relying on other people's work for the other landrace varietals. High resin percentages, terpenes, cannabinoid ratios, growth structure. I decided to grow worked lines instead however I'm still interested
Keep in mind the goals of some worked lines are not high resin, terpenes, high thc... etc. Don’t forget most times it’s about $$$ .

xet

I wanted to take a moment to highlight a few strains from The Real Seed Company and promote to sativa/haze connoisseurs the idea of ensuring these strains make it into their collection.

Cannabis Sativa, also known as Hemp, is known to contain very nice amounts of CBN while Cannabis Indica is known to be absent of CBN. Those very nice Haze effects we can comfortably and greatly attribute to the synergistic effects CBN has to offer.

Todd McCormick went in-depth with this issue on #JRE #44 (2010) (highly recommend clicking that link and listening to this podcast, it is a 2-Hour - 2 parter).

IIRC TRSC once carried Hokkaido Japanese hemp and no longer do - although Ace seeds does carry it

Second will be TRSC Siberian

Third is Kaghan Valley

Fourth is Kunar River

Fifth is Kurgan

Sixth is Crimean

Seventh is Kazakh

These can be considered as essential breeding tools for creating a unique sativa/haze grail.

Lebanizer

Already have Kurgan and Siberian given my recent pivot towards auto.

Notice that many of the strains you enumerate have been out of stock for many years.

Also CBN really ? Don't you mean CBD ?

xet

Already have Kurgan and Siberian given my recent pivot towards auto.

Notice that many of the strains you enumerate have been out of stock for many years.

Also CBN really ? Don't you mean CBD ?
CBN, watch that podcast with Todd and Joe Rogan

burningfire

Veteran
Those plants are all Ruderalis though.. I don't think you'll find much potency in those. They might be useful for autoflowering genetics.

Also none of the landrace sativa or heirloom haze samples posted on ace's website show any CBN, I thought it was understood that CBN is a by-product of THC oxidation. I doubt you will find it in live plants.

I don't disagree that CBN may add to the experience, I hate old "indica" samples, they get stonier and down right dirty but if you have a clean sativa and let it age, it does gain in complexity.
There are ganja cultures that bind weed, you may already know of that famous malawi cobs but there are other cultures that "process" their ganja. It's similar to tea, aging green tea will turn it into black tea and that's a completely different experience.

Last edited:

goingrey

Hi @burningfire , do you have any examples of other cultures that process their weed? I'm an avid cobber, but would love to learn of other ways of curing. Thanks
Yep, would be interesting!

Obvious examples are pressing into bricks (coincidentally also done for the aforementioned pu erh / Chinese black tea) and Thai sticks.

And not weed but then there's the goat/sheepskin cure for Afghani/Pakistani hash:

burningfire

Veteran
I'm trying to find the article.. it may have been related to the uhkrul or the manipuri. I can only find a small mention of the drying process of the manipuri on the TRSC site, it says they wrap it in cloth and let it wrapped for a day and then unwrap it and cure it.

From the website.

...The traditional Manipuri technique involves semi-drying buds, then binding them tightly with cloth and leaving them for one day. Once bound together like this buds are then unpackaged and dried, after which they are cured for a couple of months....

I remember seeing pictures of a process, I'll have to spend some time looking for it tomorrow.

Latest posts

Latest posts