What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

MadMac

far beyond driven...
dear haze brothers(and I really dont mean those Nevil´s trolls). I have to share my recent experience with you bros. I was doing some work around and with hazes I got from Mac(if you look to his album he calls it simply Sam´s haze). they are at ten weeks of flowering from seed. I was like WTF! I got that corona shit :D hehe. I had mild headache and my stomach was like on the water, mild nausea. no fever though :D later I figured out that I didn't feel well because.. drums.. I inhaled too much of haze smell! it is reeking by wet pissy basement, sandalwood and incense!!! so loud! amazing and incredible. only MAD RESPECT to Mr. MAD Mac... thanks!!! in this regard I state that Nevil´s hybrids will be forgotten soon, but this original haze will stay as great breeding tool around here for long time. incredible strong odor! - little of funny definition: "Odor perception is a complex process involving the central nervous system and can evoke psychological and physiological responses. Because the olfactory signal terminates in or near the amygdala, odors are strongly linked to memories and can evoke emotions." hahahaha :D

what a nice review :good:
thank you my friend for da flowers... :angelshug:
lot's of work... but it was worth the ride...
the first repro was to safe the genetics...
the second was to make it something...
took me some time to find the girl's and boy's...
but i'll see now the outcome...
and that makes me really happy...
but be warned...
it makes addicted...
and if you don't control...
you maybe end like me...
all the best

hello,
just for the record ;-)
she got some purple now...
get stoned just from look at her ;-)

Haze#19 x O-Haze close to finish
View Image

View Image

View Image

get hazed'
M.:tiphat:
Never seen anything like this in my 28 years of tokin. Maybe now thanks to this thread I can start looking thanks to bigherb and all who contributed in on page 177 and absolutely loving it. Many joints have been smoked, hello to all from Ireland. We to are a weed living community still stuck in prohibition but working on It,

grow as much as you can forget the rest.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Original Haze 76'

Original Haze 76'

Sam_Skunkman what strains went into the haze ?

only the haze brothers know...
but we can guess now based on what we see...
and compare to what we have grown'
so my guess is:
Punto Rojo x Santa Marta Colombian x Colombian Gold ?
PR & SMC are more landrace type...
C.Gold is to me the best colombians selected over many generations...
sure to me is that there is Punto Rojo in the haze..
have grown' a few and this leaf's and grow structure...
C.Gold 72 i've grown too ... and is also close to the haze...
SMC x SMG also... and here i've found purple... also found in the old OHz sometimes...
to me ... there is no thai and no kerala in the haze... not in the Seedsman not in the 90'...
but in Tom Hill Haze you find some more wld and purple once...
some looking like 1:1 thai... like thai stick or ko chang hmong hill thai...
but did not found any kerala trace...

so to me in begin it was pure mix of best columbians...
later in holland it got mixed with others ... also to shorten the flower time...
whatever Positronic and the other did with the cut's and seeds from SamS is unknown...

i'm very happy that SamS kept the line pure and preserved it as good he could do...
without that... nobody would be able to enjoy this stuff today ...
and we would speak and troll all about the legendary Original Haze...
without having a clue :D
M.:smoker:

Montuno

...como el Son...
only the haze brothers know...
but we can guess now based on what we see...
and compare to what we have grown'
so my guess is:
Punto Rojo x Santa Marta Colombian x Colombian Gold ?
PR & SMC are more landrace type...
C.Gold is to me the best colombians selected over many generations...
sure to me is that there is Punto Rojo in the haze..
have grown' a few and this leaf's and grow structure...
C.Gold 72 i've grown too ... and is also close to the haze...
SMC x SMG also... and here i've found purple... also found in the old OHz sometimes...
to me ... there is no thai and no kerala in the haze... not in the Seedsman not in the 90'...
but in Tom Hill Haze you find some more wld and purple once...
some looking like 1:1 thai... like thai stick or ko chang hmong hill thai...
but did not found any kerala trace...

so to me in begin it was pure mix of best columbians...
later in holland it got mixed with others ... also to shorten the flower time...
whatever Positronic and the other did with the cut's and seeds from SamS is unknown...

i'm very happy that SamS kept the line pure and preserved it as good he could do...
without that... nobody would be able to enjoy this stuff today ...
and we would speak and troll all about the legendary Original Haze...
without having a clue :D
M.:smoker:

From what I have read from experienced Colombian and Spanish growers, the most cited candidates are "Punto rojo colombiana", "Dorada de Santa Marta", "Mangobiche colombiana", and "Corinto purpura", I think I remember...

funkyhorse

Here you can see my selected Kerala boy on the left side by side with OHz90 boy on the right

picture.php

This Kerala boy is different from the other keralas I found on the pack. This one showed sex after 30 days and it looks very similar to CG72. The other Keralas which showed sex after 15 days were not like this one

This one is the only Haze Mist I succeeded to germinate from the whole pack. It showed sex after 30 days. I was thinking to use it to pollinate Kerala x Skunk#1 girls but I like the selected Kerala boy. He has the vigor and the looks. This Haze Mist has some wider leaf than I expected to see and not so much vigour compared with the other boys

picture.php

acespicoli

interesting to me is this I found in a article on the wiki Cannabis in Jamaica
~~~
History
Cannabis was introduced to Jamaica in the 1850s–1860s by indentured servants imported from India during British rule of both nations; many of the terms used in cannabis culture in Jamaica are based on Indian terms, including the term ganja.
~~~
makes me wonder what area of india they came from and what seeds may have traveled from Jamaica to the Americas since
seems like it could be the tropical strains from southern india

Great haze photos :huggg:love the upbeat haze vibe

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
~~~
History
Cannabis was introduced to Jamaica in the 1850s–1860s by indentured servants imported from India during British rule of both nations; many of the terms used in cannabis culture in Jamaica are based on Indian terms, including the term ganja.
~~~
makes me wonder what area of india they came from and what seeds may have traveled from Jamaica to the Americas since

There's lots of evidence that the biggest cannabis exporting area in India would have been Bengal and more specifically Kalkutta, which was the capital of British India and the major sea port. The production and export is documented pretty well. Many of the Caribbean and by extension also Colombian strains most likely derive from there.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Funkyhorse, are you hoping to recreate something like Kerala x O haze? I always wanted to do a back to Kerala cross with the Indian Haze.

Here's highland Oaxacan Gold x Original Haze. The females are going through such bondage that I dare not photograph them at this point but just to show the profile of the plants, here's the earliest male. They all look 50/50 between Haze and Mexican so I guess that's a confirmed Mexican phenotype of Haze 😁 (PS: omg the new set of smileys)

Attachments

• photo2025698.jpg
    photo2025698.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 17

acespicoli

Also is a excerpt from the wiki:
~~~
Lebanese diaspora (may explain the autoflowering and broadleaf expressions)
The largest diaspora by far resides in Brazil, with between 2 and 5 million,
followed by
Argentina and Colombia,
~~~
*Mexican Rudy was short and flowered earlier and faster than anything (lowryder)

Then theres this
~~~
Cannabis is believed to have been brought to Mexico by Pedro Cuadrado,
a Spanish conquistador who accompanied Hernán Cortés to Mexico in the 1500s.
Cuadrado is believed to have primarily cultivated hemp for rope.

~~~

:plant grow:
given the indian and lebanese and the obvious need for rope and hemp production also the obvious medicinal use of cannabis
Producer_of_marihuana.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	Producer_of_marihuana.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	17792688

perhaps even African or Arabic genetics
there are definitely and good amount of genetics present for a good haze strain to have occurred as well as the climate being suitable

So I guess the genetic possibilities were endless

From what I have read from experienced Colombian and Spanish growers, the most cited candidates are "Punto rojo colombiana", "Dorada de Santa Marta", "Mangobiche colombiana", and "Corinto purpura", I think I remember...
:yeahthats
You post some great sativas pictures in the past im definitely familiar with a few of these except this one "Corinto purpura"
will have to look into it thx for sharing

LostTribe

Premium user
Dang looking mighty fine! How far along are they? They are way more NLD than mine, I'm jealous.

I just tried to smoke a joint of the longer flowering Todd's, I don't normally smoke joints only here and there. I made it half way through. Expansive and hard to puff hard on. Keeps climbing for the first 30 minutes and I was pretty lost and incoherent unable to function for about 30 minutes then started to come out of it. Still feeling effects but I'm coherent now. Usually it fades off after 3 hours so will have to see. I was definitely noticing a not so right feeling for about 5 minutes.

The buds I pulled from the reveg purple at about 16+ weeks was way more potent so I will let them go longer next time. Those were like 25% amber.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
~~~
History
~~~

According to Chris Duvall it were the people from Sierra Léon who introduced ganja to Jamaica in 1862 and he got his information from the British archives.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Dang looking mighty fine! How far along are they? They are way more NLD than mine, I'm jealous.

I just tried to smoke a joint of the longer flowering Todd's, I don't normally smoke joints only here and there. I made it half way through. Expansive and hard to puff hard on. Keeps climbing for the first 30 minutes and I was pretty lost and incoherent unable to function for about 30 minutes then started to come out of it. Still feeling effects but I'm coherent now. Usually it fades off after 3 hours so will have to see. I was definitely noticing a not so right feeling for about 5 minutes.

The buds I pulled from the reveg purple at about 16+ weeks was way more potent so I will let them go longer next time. Those were like 25% amber.

So Todd's is similar to Original Haze but retains the purple phenotype? Can't use the search function right now...

LostTribe

Premium user
So Todd's is similar to Original Haze but retains the purple phenotype? Can't use the search function right now...

Sam confirmed Todd McCormick did obtain Original Haze from him back a few pages.

I had low temps but only one went purple. Could have been the temps but the others were unaffected but the temps. I hope to run that one again. It has a different taste than the others. I have another that was jade green and the quickest to finish that has a very nice taste and the effect is motivating. I don't think I am going to keep the long flowering one it wore off after about 2.5 hours. It probably could have gone beyond 14.5w and I plan to let the 2 I kept go longer if I can manage. The green one started to fade at 12w.

I'll add that the purple was more crystally in appearance and looser budding structurally. Narrower leaflets and has a different smell/taste, earthy, darker, maybe something like they say dark liquor and maybe a hint of aniseed. No mater which I smoke they all leave the room with varying degrees of herbal incense.

Probably need to bloom these THH they are nearly 12 inches and that after LST for the last week. A few are showing sex. I think they are around 6-8 weeks. I was hoping the reveg/cuts from the Todds would be ready but they are too small still so either chance it with the reveg'd plants in bigger pots or add the cuttings when they are big enough. They needed help to bush out as they stretch a great deal but the lowers don't reach as high. I wish I had time/space to run them with a vertical hps it would help the lowers. They loved the LED though.

funkyhorse

Funkyhorse, are you hoping to recreate something like Kerala x O haze? I always wanted to do a back to Kerala cross with the Indian Haze.
Any plan I had before hand is being tested by the plants, so I dont plan anymore and flow with whatever comes up. My environment seems to be a natural test lab where I can test the plants plasticity and of course the plants are testing my own thinking plasticity. I sprouted 4 Kerala strains and they look very different. I have 3 Kerala x Skunk#1 girls which seem to be the most reliable candidate for the Kerala side of the cross. I want to chuck those girls with pollen of different haze lines. And the only convincing Kerala male I found in all the packs was the one showed in the previous post which I want to use to chuck some pollen with my middle finger on selected Ohaze girls from the different lines. That would be Haze x Kerala
I think there is a need for a sativa genetic reshuffle in order to restore potency of the past century

This post is done with MadMac knowledge and approval. I find this phenomena very interesting and I am curious about the science of it, hopefully somebody will chime in and explain what I am seeing
On last week of february I brought all the girls out to the greenhouse and brought the boys from the greenhouse indoors.
I only had 3 plants complaining about this, it seems these 3 plants didnt like the new environment and complained. TRSC Highland Lao #1 girl went outdoors and immediately turned full branches male. Got culled right away
As I wrote above, the plants are testing my thinking plasticity.
Two males got stressed.
This Seedsman Haze male developed 2 different tips of branch like this, the rest of the plant is male:
Click image for larger version  Name:	Seedsman haze mm hermie (4).jpeg Views:	9 Size:	27.7 KB ID:	17794186

And this is the pic from this morning, I hope it can be seen it is forming seeds and I expect more seeds to be made, I have seen it before but I always culled. I want to keep the seed and sprout it to see what comes up
Click image for larger version  Name:	Seedsman haze mm hermie (4).jpeg Views:	9 Size:	27.7 KB ID:	17794186

Would this be an equivalent of S1? What would be the expected progeny of this seed?

This is Ohz90 fucking himself

Just this branch tip got intersex. The rest of the plant is male. This morning I saw bananas forming, yesterday they were not there
Click image for larger version  Name:	Ohz90 male hermie.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	50.5 KB ID:	17794189

All the hermie males I had before turned full hermie all around the plant. This is first time I see this happening in just the tip of a lone branch
I remember to have seen SSH 97 from Star Crash female going hermie, he was told to grow it from cut and it would not hermie. Would this be the same situation with these males? Would there be any difference in the progeny of this plant if I use this or if it is grown from cut unstressed?
Have a nice weekend everybody

Last edited:

acespicoli

According to Chris Duvall it were the people from Sierra Léon who introduced ganja to Jamaica in 1862 and he got his information from the British archives.

the great melting pot, good stuff, dig your new avatar:kewlpics:
I read that too in the history of Jamaica like escapes had made a colony

Montuno

...como el Son...
Also is a excerpt from the wiki:
~~~
Lebanese diaspora (may explain the autoflowering and broadleaf expressions)
The largest diaspora by far resides in Brazil, with between 2 and 5 million,
followed by
Argentina and Colombia,
~~~
*Mexican Rudy was short and flowered earlier and faster than anything (lowryder)

Then theres this
~~~
Cannabis is believed to have been brought to Mexico by Pedro Cuadrado,
a Spanish conquistador who accompanied Hernán Cortés to Mexico in the 1500s.
Cuadrado is believed to have primarily cultivated hemp for rope.

~~~

:plant grow:
given the indian and lebanese and the obvious need for rope and hemp production also the obvious medicinal use of cannabis

perhaps even African or Arabic genetics
there are definitely and good amount of genetics present for a good haze strain to have occurred as well as the climate being suitable

So I guess the genetic possibilities were endless

:yeahthats
You post some great sativas pictures in the past im definitely familiar with a few of these except this one "Corinto purpura"
will have to look into it thx for sharing

Indeed, Pedro Cuadrado follows the orders of Hernan Cortes in planting the first cannabis crops in Mexico, to harness the ships of the first shipyard of America...
...But let's remember how the popular classes, including the Mexican natives, stole and got drunk with the flowers of this cannabis, as historical documents testify (famous are the letters of the American Catholic Church to the Emperor in Europe, complaining about this fact...)...
...It is also curious to comment (since we mentioned Jamaica) as this first planting in America of cannabis arises because of the rivalry, that reached the warlike confrontation, between the Conqueror and Provisional Governor of Mexico-New Spain (Hernan Cortes), and the Adelantado of Jamaica (Francisco de Garay), since it was De Garay the originally chosen one to conquer Mexico...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Latest posts

Latest posts