What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

idoja

i thought tattoo artists were bad. some of the posters in this thread have the hugest fucking egos.

i cannot thank sam enough for the thunk. ....oh and his contribution to the entire culture.

cannaboy

Sam you said that you have some cuts 20/30 + years old are they for smoking, or because they make your favriot types of weed when crossed?
Are they Good heirloom?

If you have/had some O Haze beans left Would it in theory be posable to open polinate and not see a loss in vigour or the carachteristics in the Polyhybrid Ohaze no matter how many times you repeat the open pollination and is this how to stableize a strain?

bigherb

Veteran
jones

amazin pics

id lov to taste her

i bet the multitude of flavors n high will be very desirable

lookin forward to ur report

how bout som full plant shots id lookin at haze n her hybrids

1luvbigherb

Mid to late 70's. About the time of the first Medal Halide lights being used indoors. But I know of no clones much older then 20 years, still alive today.

-SamS
GOOEY BREEDER who is allso a calli breeder and seams to be breeding for as long and with some similer lines!!! and the nor cal gooey clone is well past 20 years old!!!!! and still kicking!!!!,, to ibl the cut old sssc skunk #1 was used as GOOEY BREEDER allso like SAM prefered the sativa lines to indica,, closest thing ive had to a HAZE is original seeds from the strawberry creme HAZE but no idea the parentals of this HAZE??????

Owl Mirror

Veteran
I am on page one of this thread, directed from another thread @ http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=134648

As I understand, the term HAZE is merely a Moniker for this specific breeding accomplishment.
I'm new to Marijuana which has actual names ;>}
I'm 51 and except for a few instances, marijuana came in a baggy and was either good bad or great.
Now that I am growing my own, I have found these names to be even more confusing since they do not come with a verified pedigree.

Recently I was contacted by a very kind soul who said they appreciate my approach to growing and breeding. They told me they are getting up in years and have grown a specific strain consistently for the past 30 years. They said because of their appreciation of my approach, they would like to gift me some seeds so I could carry on their line/strain.

Here in this thread, I found a description of these seeds I have been blessed to acquire.

Originally Posted by shantibaba
the Mango comes from a parallel cross same as SSH but with one difference
Haze A male combined to Sk 1 or Sk HzA being the male plant, the female is NL5HzC

I was told the original seed stock was given to this person directly by shantibaba.
Upon reading this thread and the other, I have come to appreciate the tremendous gift I have been given. I just hope I do them justice !

Sam, if you can offer me further insight in to how best to grow and breed this strain I would be most appreciative.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
,, closest thing ive had to a HAZE is original seeds from the strawberry creme HAZE but no idea the parentals of this HAZE??????

Strawberry Hill(aka SCreme'N Haze)

was done 2 ways, (SCreme X PHaze) and (PHaze X SCreme BC1) Strawberry Creme is nothing more then Strawberry Cough, worked towards the strawberry in the line.

the Purple Haze plants came outta TomHills OHaze off Cbay some years ago. currently combinein both outcrosses, plants just went to flower.

CBF

bigherb

Veteran
jones

truly amazing report

lov the details of effects that high sounds special very desirable as i thought

taste n aromas r also interesting

best of luck finding bg traits in there im sure theres som more interesting flavs within that cross keep us posted

side note
silver bubble by reserva privada is a perfect example of bubblegum n haze traits aromas n high shine clearly that is som special smoke

1luvbigherb

Owl Mirror

Veteran
I'm only on page two so far of this thread but, from what I've read I would have to take Sam's word as gospel regarding this subject.
I'm just getting started growing for myself and, since time is not a consideration for my growing, I would really like to try my hand at growing this Original Haze if it is available.

All the many questions I have may be answered in the many more pages I have yet to read but, the one question I have most in mind is the original make-up of the strain.

Does anyone actually know the formula used to make this strain?
I am assuming it is not a landrace that someone acquired and began growing.
Sam, since you were actually there when this strain was being created, could you shed some light on this one question of mine?

bigherb

Veteran

crossing the very best selections from each year highland's lowland's gold's etc

you hav asked this b4

they were all pure sativas landrace

id love too know exactly myself as ive asked many times

1luvbigherb

Owl Mirror

Veteran
crossing the very best selections from each year highland's lowland's gold's etc

you hav asked this b4

they were all pure sativas landrace

id love too know exactly myself as ive asked many times

1luvbigherb

Hi bigherb, while I do not know, as you have described above, the story about a magical seed given to a Haze Brother by a surfer dude on the beach just doesn't ring true.

I guess the reason I ask this question is because if the truth were revealed, others might stumble upon their own creations of new HAZE-like strains.

If it were known that the Haze were a concoction between four different landrace strains, others could attempt to do their own breeding experiments.

From what I've read, SAM was present therefore he should know. I don't see how 'spilling the beans' after such a long time and the brothers not growing it for profit any longer would hurt.

SAM, all I'm asking for is a road map to follow. Could you shed some light on the mystery that surrounds this Legend ?

jim dankness

i think the commonly known/assumed 'recipe' for haze is this: a simple colombian/mexican hybrid the first year, crossed with a south indian (kerala?) male the second year, and then crossed with a thai male the third year.

if i'm wrong, i'm sure sam, or raco, or someone with a better memory than i, may chime in to correct me...

Owl Mirror

Veteran
i think the commonly known/assumed 'recipe' for haze is this: a simple colombian/mexican hybrid the first year, crossed with a south indian (kerala?) male the second year, and then crossed with a thai male the third year.

if i'm wrong, i'm sure sam, or raco, or someone with a better memory than i, may chime in to correct me...

colombian/mexican x south indian (kerala?) x thai

Thanks !

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
comin' from Santa Cruz county I can personally say that the surf crowd had a great influence when it came to importing landrace lines......knew a few brahs in the 70's that were paid to travel to exotic spots around the globe and surf..... they brought back many lines of the best LR's ever...waaay before they became adulterated by hybrid garbage.....
not that this is the truth behind the Haze story, but adding to......

ganj on..............