What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

And the Fun begins.................

thor

Outdoor Grower, C99 Lover
ICMag Donor
Awesome story, CBF ! I really enjoyed reading it

Great strains you got there, I'm very interested in watching how the PR grows ( especially after reading the story :wink: ).

I think people who have got some old school strains like yours should make as many seeds as possible and spread them around. It's almost impossible, for ppl living in europe, to obtain any of these fantastic old strains.

Good luck with your project :yes:

Thor

G

hey all........

Hieagle....ya prolly better start um then:D thanks for commin by.

thor.......I try and make seed with all my grows, and its one of my main points in this grow.

bucket.....thanks for commin by, i enjoyed it as well. makes the grow more interesting.

so , today i received some seed that i had wanted for some time, and will be bumpin the columbian seed back a week to fit these in..........drum roll please........MrGs open pollinated, Cherry Bomb.

for those that havent heard of this strain, i consider it a private headstash. MrG has worked this plant for over 20 years. he found this plant in some maui wowie seed. it is one of the parents of Reefermans cherrybomb2. killer head, high yield and cherry taste and smell. its been a considerable amount of time that ive had my eye on this strain. I truely believe that in helpin other growers, these seeds came my way(a little askin helped along the way).

so should be plantin these by the weekend as there germinatin now:yes: thanks for commin by

CBF

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
awesome tale CBF i love reading old stoner stories they are the REAL good ole days eh
oldest person i ever had the pleasure of toking with was 75 a very cool laid back individual , i work in a headshop too and i sold a pipe to a lady she had to be 80
she came right up to me and say i want a silver metal pipe with a package of screens
so im like this is a cool old broad then she says you ought to see my plants they are so beautiful and smelly. lemme tell ya she changed my mind about older peeps ya
just never can tell
peace chucky

G

yep chuck, ive seen that very same thing, ya just never know who is growin/smokin. ganjas been around for some time. lots of old geezers token up. :biglaugh:

heres a few pics of the PR sprouts a few days out, have given 1/4 nutes and there under a 400HPS flowerin 12/12 till current plants are finished.

have 6 of TomHills OHaze in there with um. 10 Cherry Bomb germin, had a look at each one(dug around) all are in great shape very white tap and one even has lost its husk. should all be above ground by the end of the weekend.

put down 6 columbian golds this am. hope to plant by sunday night late:D that should pretty much fill the room for a bit. thanks for checkin in,

CBF

G

hey all, just a quick update, on MrGs cherry bomb, have 9 of 10 up thru the dirt. all as of today. I put all the seed down at the same time in paper towel, I took five out after 24 hrs and stuck them in soil in the cups, they hadnt cracked at the time. the rest were left to germ in the PT. so today the only one that isnt up is one planted to germ in soil. all came up at the same time today and didnt notice any diff in germ speed between the two. the last one will prolly be up by tonite. had read at some point that beans pre soaked and germed in soil get a better hold and a more robust plant results. another good old wise tale most likely.

the columbians havent done anything as of yet. think I will put the columbians in soil tonite.

CBF

immortal

Nice story. I felt like I was gettin high just from hearin it. Then again ive had a few drinks and havent smoked pot in like around 6 months. I got a grow goin so ill be smokin in a few months though so wish me luck. Check it out guys, peace.

Rellikbuzz

Man that story takes me back to the day, CBF! Although I never had any Panama Red, we sure used to hear the stories about it. I tried and tried to locate some, even when I was in California visting, but no luck. I think I've smoked most of the other popular landrace strains (ie. Columbian Gold, Columbian Red, Oaxacan, Michoacan, etc.) but the elusive PR never came my way.

I wish you the absolute best of luck with these precious beans and, like all others here, I will be on the edge of my seat watching as you take these babies to fruition! God, I hope these Panama Red beans are the REAL DEAL for ya!! Good luck, bro!! :friends:

Well iam gonna be on board dis ride too!!! Them PR got my attetions great job man and u should seen a clone or something to redz or somebody and maybe we can revise PR into something more well known

G

usawontstopme said:
Well iam gonna be on board dis ride too!!! Them PR got my attetions great job man and u should seen a clone or something to redz or somebody and maybe we can revise PR into something more well known

have heard that reeferman has PR crosses and might release it pure.

CBF

fuaryone

Looking good...

Looking good...

CBF... Will be interesting to see the Cherry Bombs too... I just put down some Thai - Highland Oaxacan - some of my NL pheno f4 haze... and also some Purple Chicken... NL#5... Deepchunk... LSD#4 f2's... and some (Swazi x Bluehen) x Bluehen... a sib BX-1... for a possible cross to the Purple Chicken... the Sativa's will go outside in a month or 2... when the others are ready to flower... it's good that you make seed as fanatically as me :biglaugh: ... this grow is mainly for making seed also... I will be watching with much interest... stay safe and peace.

G

hey F1, thanks for commin by, look forward to your input durin the grow. very nice bunch of beans you have goin, seems we have a nice bunch of sativas for the summer. should have a nice bunch of beans in our treasure chest:D

heres the PR at 15 days from sprout. roots are just now gettin to the bottom of the cups. prolly upcan this weekend. have one whorled PR there, thought someone might spot it from the last pics. I know sprouts and veggin plants arent to interestin to look at for most peeps. I like lookin at um all, especially full plant shots.

TomHills Ohaze, about a week from sprout. seedlins really jumped up, and roots were already spinnin around the bottom of the cups. all 6 plants have been upcanned(the last 3 last night) all seem pretty uniform, but sprouts are like puppies, all look the same till the grow up.

these little sprouts are MrGs cherry bomb, 10 of 12 germed and 9 sprouts. one looks a bit weak, will see if it survives. these are the stars of the grow, been on my want list for a long time. only other strain that i really have to have is TuleFog, which might be a dream, lol.

the columbian gold, I only had 1 of six germ, and it is through the dirt this am. seems i am goin to have to come up with a better germ tech for the old school landraces, cause what im doin now is not gettin it. bit dissappointin, but its all me on um.

ive started a new add on flower spot, as these plants will tie up my grow for some time. not much to look at, there up and goin, good things to come:D

CBF

fuaryone

CBF...

CBF...

I like the way you say "We"... LOL... I got 7 Thai babies up... and 8 of the Oaxacan Highland... Will also have some Coastal Oaxacan thats supposed to be very good soon... also supposed to be getting some Pure Burmese seeds... Be doing some F1 X's with the NL#5 and Deepchunk... but will also make a whack of seeds from the pure sats, and the IBL indica's too for that matter... and the H14 "NL" F4's... that will be interesting, to take it to F5, even it's not even remotly stable... by any stretch of the imagination... to bad about the C.Gold... I also have that Guererro or A.Gold... I'm building a bigger clone space... that lil' box just isn't gonna cut it... :biglaugh: Like if I had that... I could have saved the parents of PC... and pure sat males I want to keep as breeders... until tested ect... I just need it... your doing a great job... I wish you the best of luck on finding some real nice plants to work with, stay safe and peace. F1. :joint:

G

fuaryone said:
I like the way you say "We"...

sorry about that Bro, we do so much tradin and talkin, it just came out that way. will refrain from that stuff in the future.

have some more of the CG, im just gonna soak over night and plant in soil. see if that works better. will get um planted this weekend.

CBF

Hey CBF ,
looking good sofar bro , pure PR is sure a blast from the past ! in NYC in the early 80's it was widely avaliable for quite some time , and was truely top flight smoke with that nice heady sativa head buzzing high , best of luck with these grows , and did you know the MR G's CB in now avaliable from treatingyourself ?

Peace

G

Organic Hydro said:
did you know the MR G's CB in now avaliable from treatingyourself ?Peace

no I didnt know that. not sure who he is either.

CBF

fuaryone

CBF...

CBF...

I was not offended by the "WE"... and was sorta' rather happy, that you included (Me) in that general statement...LOL :biglaugh: ... I'll pm you later peace.F1

G

Organic Hydro said:
MR G = MR GreenGenes , what's you been smoking willis :biglaugh:
you would think that since your growing his CB's you would remember LOL

lol, i know who i received the seed from.....i dont know treatyourself

CBF