What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Master Nevil..Cannabis Castle article.......

Hindu Killer

Veteran
One of the best right there......and his real work is still available eeh!!!!

Great read...took me back to my first grows!!! Thanks!

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Thanks...

Thanks...

There's so much knowledge out there if we just share. Thanks for the read Capt.

GreatLakes THC

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Grasso.....Nevil sold Sensi because the USA's DEA was trying to extradite him. He bonded out skipped bail and is at large. To my knowledge of the facts at that time. Mid 90's

trueblu8

I know it's over one and a half years old, but thank you so much for posting this. This guy, the legend, Nevil Schoenbottom is such a mysterious man. Little if anything is known about him except for like two articles that were written about him. I guess he likes to keep a low profile. I always wondered about his history with Greenhouse seeds and why there is such great praise for him, but why people hate Arjan. I guess Nevil was original breeder, and the innovator of the seed bank, and Arjan was just a copy-cat? Oh well, I'll see if I can find some more information about the matter. Anyway, thanks for this, it was a fascinating read.

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think the artical sounds a little like "glory talk"....

WHY DID NEVIL NOT MAKE THE "SUPA INDICA"....????....WAS THE PROJECT A FLOP...???

the reason Nevil is sutch a top guy was because he put good weed into the Greenhouse...Shanti did the same thing but is still about..greenhouse just wont give him the glory + im sure,Shanti could not give a sh1t about glory ither..

Nevil was more of a "plant finder than a plant breeder"...SamS has the best methods for breeding.....SamS = Don

Nevil did a very good job tho...id love to see if he has progressed!

NL was a good find.....he did the world a favour there

Last edited:
D

Dalaihempy

WHY DID NEVIL NOT MAKE THE "SUPA INDICA"....????....WAS THE PROJECT A FLOP...???

Well maybe nevile did make a super indica and maybe he did not release it maybe he created lots of things few know of but then maybe he did not yes lots of maybes
but thats the canna community you dont know facts untill the person him self posts
and that wont happen as from wat i know neviles not intrested in posting and i cant blame him.

Nevile was a breeder and still is to think him not one is crazy englishrick.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
trueblu8 said:
Nevil Schoenbottom is such a mysterious man.

Schoenmakers, Nevil Martin.

I remember this because I just started buying HT at 20 in '89; and just 3 days after getting a PO box and sending my dollar to Holland for the catalog the DEA did their thing. HT covered this and Nevil at the time, IIRC his problems came from seeds sent to Louisiana (DEA's choice of course), a bad District (and Appellate) Court for pot for sure. Month-by-month HT covered his arrest in Australia, his looming extradition, and his winning bail and skipping out on it; but I stopped buying HT after it became a hip-hop fan mag and threw the old ones away.:(

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
You guys should dig around as I have posted 10 or 15 articles from various mags on breeding and old-school genetics...They are all in here somewhere...LOL...All should be in the breeders forum if I remember correctly.................................CC

Glad you all enjoyed!!

F

Frank CadillaK

Capt C,

Thanks for the History Lesson and Great Pics.
Wicked Stuff!

Frank.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Nevil should never be forgotten for what he has done for our culture! Take care... BC

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you are right....i dont mean it to sound bad

he is a breeder.....but it sounds like his focus was on using people to find plants to work with...

like the artical says....."il get genetics any way i can"....or somethin like that......as he puffs on a spliff of SK1....and he somehow left sam on bad terms..

i dont know ....maybe its just me, but...it just sounds like Nevil did what arjan is doing now...im not into mass production or cornering markets.....i just wish it would calm down....both arjan and nevil are good in there own way....

i hope Nevil comes back,one day......we lost a star....for sure

Last edited:
I remember that issue!!!!!!

I remember that issue!!!!!!

Holy Crap.....I'm getting old. It is not much after this time, about 1989, that my friends and I pitched in on skunk X basic 5 seeds from the seed bank, thinking they would never ever show up. Well, they showed up about 3 weeks later and the rest is history !!!!!!!!!!!