What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Yea you really got my point (sarcastic font) tell me how it becomes more ”haze” by outcrossing it rather than inbreeding it. You say ”turns to shit”. What is shit for you? What are your goals with it, growing for your own pallet, growing to sell, growing to make seeds… there’s many, many different reasons why people grow cannabis.

let me try again, if your goal is to have that ”haze”, then crossing it to anything else makes the job much more difficult and it is not the same thing. No you might think that ”haze” is ”shit” but I might not, maybe I am looking to get some ”haze” as I want to use it in hybrids, like all of you guys, including me, saying it is a real good partner to many things in a hybrid. Now to make a ”haze” x anything, you need, wait for it….. drum rolls…. haze.

That doesn’t mean I don’t like other haze hybrids, that doesn’t say anything else but I am looking for haze, not haze x nl, not haze x skunk, not that there’s anything wrong with those crosses. Is it clearer now????

How much of the ”inbred crap” have you grown to come to your conclusion and what are you looking for, so I can understand why you think it’s all ”crap”.

Thank you and have a wonderful day sir

Name me one Pure Haze strain that became famous? and don't tell me any of the Haze Nevil obtained.

I can wait...

All Sam did was inbred the line with no real selection causing it to get watered down aka more hay plants. I should have said "inbreeding haze like Sam".

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
i think the very reasons nevil complained about with the 1 haze female he got from those seeds ,
he described it as the most impractical plant he had ever grown ,
is the reason its not so famous in its pure form
so in order to make it growable for the bulk of growers that didnt really have a great outdoor climate ,
and tended to grow a lot indoors , he had to hybridize it with an indica ...

unless one lives in a tropical climate , pure sativas just dont make the cut ,

we can ask sam what his favorite weed is , he will probably give the same answer as he always has ,, haze and golden thai,
so im doubting either is hay ,
just not appreciated due to the growing conditions of the bulk of modern growers ,
has nothing to do with the quality of the herb itself , both are fire in the right climate ...

recently we have all watched mad mac select some fine looking specimens from haze ,
done indoors , so they are in there ,
a legend has been built upon the stuff , there is no way its just inbred hay ...

JohnnyChicago

Name me one Pure Haze strain that became famous? and don't tell me any of the Haze Nevil obtained.

I can wait...

All Sam did was inbred the line with no real selection causing it to get watered down aka more hay plants. I should have said "inbreeding haze like Sam".

Haze#19
Sold in Coffeeshops in the 90s.
Really potent shit. And the high was incredible.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Original Haze ... I am not having fun growing these plants , good Lord she is a handful ...I have a lot to learn
Click image for larger version  Name:	77F5D07B-1371-4ECE-8255-0C93E9E0A0BF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	123.1 KB ID:	17793628

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haze#19
Sold in Coffeeshops in the 90s.
Really potent shit. And the high was incredible.

Wasnt that positronics cut ?

I never heard of Sam's Haze flowers or cut ever going around Amsterdam or at any cup i attended.
there was Haze drysift at private events but never any O Haze flowers.

Sam did most his work in big outdoor legal grows in greenhouses producing bulk seeds for other company's

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I said just that Hammer but you never answered me have you grown out any NH f1s your self ?.

Have you grown any of Nevil's Haze work in F1 form your self.

This is a 50% haze F2 i made all the seed to date i tested over 40 F2s so far looked sativa not a NL expressive or SK expressive to date.

lol, you said/implied NL will never be found. This is your typical posting style In absolutes...It's why I replied. Your being dishonest saying such things when the line carries those genetics. You don't seem to get it. That's why we all have such problems having any conversations with you. You think everyone is attacking you. In reality, your posting style sucks. I digress.

No, I have not grown anything from Nevil. Asking this is moot .. Its about genetics not if I've grown any.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I find it strange it has taken 30 years for this O Haze revival and after Neville passed ( RIP)

What took so long ? , they had 16 week Haze's all throughout the last 30 years at coffeshop so what's a few extra weeks ?

Nobody is saying Original Haze is garbage but 8 out of 10 Haze smokers/growers would prefer to grow for sure 1 of the Famous Haze cuts A5,C5,hph, Nevil Haze, SSH, Mango Haze, NL5 Haze, Silver Nevil, or many other Haze cuts , ive never heard of a famous Original Haze cut , have you ( not recent i mean at least 15 plus years old) ?

I would love to sample all these special OHaze and i think its time to organise a proper Haze smokeout/cup with all scores of every judge posted online. ( Nobody judges his/her own flower/Hash)
Anyone who enters can be a judge
if we cant do it at 420 cup i would be happy to help organise it.
It could even be better judged if we post the Haze pack to each judge and they can sample it efficiently at home.
it would be best at least 6 months from now to give everyone a chance to get a sample ready and no excuses.

anyone interested in entering and showing us your best Haze( 5 FREE Haze seed pack for anyone entering and your choice from any of my Haze's Regular or Feminized) 20 packs for the 1st place winner 15 packs for 2nd place winner and 10 packs for 3rd place.

if any interest it would be really cool to see and sample all these legendary Haze's

funkyhorse

Hi there
This is THH12 x Ohz. She just showed sex after 89 days on 11/13 and so far she is holding the record at my environment for late sexing. This strain doesnt seem at this point to be very productive, long internodes.
Thh12 x ohz fem 4.jpeg

I am having Seedsman Haze individuals showing sex after 80 days, same thing with OHz90s. Both strains show sex after 60 days. Same thing with CG72. The range for these strains to show sex is 9-13 weeks. You dont have any CG72 cut in Amsterdam either. And if you have something long flowering being sold there, it is bad quality. Amsterdamers dont want top quality to be sold and they dont want the coffeeshops to sell the quality you had in the 80's/90's, they dont miss those times

For comparison this NL5xH 90s F4 showed finnished at 80 days in the flower room from seed, not cut. This is commercial weed. OHz is certainly not commercial. By the time NL5xH is finnished, some pure Hazes do not show sex yet
NL5xH mía f4 full view.jpeg
NL5xH mía f4 top shot.jpeg

I am afraid this is the reason why you would not find any Ohz cut in Amsterdam's coffeeshops. They sell quantity for outrageous prices, not quality nor very long flowering sativas. And after visiting Amsterdam in 2018, I realized the options for a sativa lover are very sad in the western world and when I decided to grow myself what I cannot source commercially
And btw OJD I am very interested too in comparing different hazes. I am doing your competition at my place and since I am the only smoker, I am the judge too. All of them grown in the same environment.
Have a nice weekend everybody

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
lol, you said/implied NL will never be found. This is your typical posting style In absolutes...It's why I replied. Your being dishonest saying such things when the line carries those genetics. You don't seem to get it. That's why we all have such problems having any conversations with you. You think everyone is attacking you. In reality, your posting style sucks. I digress.

No, I have not grown anything from Nevil. Asking this is moot .. Its about genetics not if I've grown any.

Hammer i am a bit confused at your responses you have never grown Nevil's Haze and yet you some how think your a better judge of the line than people that have grown it.

I can only post what i my self have seen growing it and from smoked Nevil's Haze i know what NL5 is and smokes like and i never picked that up in the smoke. Pictures don't lie you seeing any NL expressive plants i don't.

Again have you grown and smoked any old Colombians they have an element of stone to there high .

Calling people dishonest because you don't agree with them is bad form.

20 years ago when i ordered my first Nevil's Haze seed i did so after a lot of research on line at Cannabis world and Over Grow i went with what other growers were calling the best haze on the market at the time.

I find it odd that people that have not grown Nevil's haze are criticizing it.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
If you read Nevil's post on haze Breeding Donald Nev explains why he out crossed haze and there was logic in his methods. He had tried inbreeding haze he made lots of pure haze seed shanti would have some and Nev even reversed HazeC and breed it to its self making HazeC square. He out crossed HazeA to a few things including NL5 that he then selected back crossed to HazeC that was as good as he got to keeping Haze close to the plants he found in seed he first grew that are the oldest Haze or closest haze to the first F1 Haze from Cali going by Nevil.

Nevil and Sam both say out crossing haze is the formula inbreeding is not.

Nevil posted all of this and what he felt was the direction haze needed to go.

We had lots of Colombian lines along with Thais but all the Colombians we grew and smoked ranging from green / gold / red all had a element of stone to there high were Thais tended to be more electric. The Colombians rattled you no question about it.

judging by what sam says , the stuff nevil grew was no where near an f1 ,
he says it was very inbred , hence his statement of outcrossing for the best outcome ...

also the mention of nevils haze f1 that you seem to refer to a lot ,
i dont know the exact lineage , maybe you can post up the recipe ,
but it didnt sound like it was an f1 ...

(An F1 Hybrid is the first filial generation of offspring of distinctly different parental types. F1 hybrids are used in genetics, and in selective breeding, where it may appear as F1 crossbreed. The term is sometimes written with a subscript, as F₁ hybrid. Subsequent generations are called F₂, F₃, etc. )

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
judging by what sam says , the stuff nevil grew was no where near an f1 ,
he says it was very inbred , hence his statement of outcrossing for the best outcome ...

also the mention of nevils haze f1 that you seem to refer to a lot ,
i dont know the exact lineage , maybe you can post up the recipe ,
but it didnt sound like it was an f1 ...

(An F1 Hybrid is the first filial generation of offspring of distinctly different parental types. F1 hybrids are used in genetics, and in selective breeding, where it may appear as F1 crossbreed. The term is sometimes written with a subscript, as F₁ hybrid. Subsequent generations are called F₂, F₃, etc. )

Your a smart Guy Donald Nevil bought the Haze seed from Sam a week or so after Sam arrived in Holland he then germinated the seed and got i think 7 plants from the 1000s of seed.

Nevil has posted some of the seed had dates as in the years they were made i can find the years they were made going by Nevil's posts but why bother,

Now Sam ether grew and made seed in 2 weeks of him being in Holland and his seed germination rate was complete crap or the seed Nevil got was very old i am going with the seed was very old and not made in Holland as no plant can flower and produce seed in that time.

So is Ohaze TTH or any other haze out there closer to the Original Haze F1 the haze brothers made ? NO Tom Hill posted on this you should ask him .

Quote From Tom Hill

There was an earlier version sam passed around. You'll have to drag it out of him lol. When i met adam at thseeds mid90's there was this guy smoking a cerebral sandlewoody thing. I believe that to be one of sams earlier haze lots again drag it out of him if you can lol. I reckon that the one shanti ran with. But for me, the final incarnation when realized in all its glory was best. And that is the heavy citus thai green 4 way hybrid.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey hempy ,
yes im aware of what nevil has said , and what sam has said ,
sam categorically denies selling any seed made by the haze brothers though ,
over and over he has stated that ....
plainly he valued those original seeds too much to part with them and probably never had thousands to being with ...

neither of us can know what happened there of course,
though im sure sam knows what he did ,
and would have a better idea of the stock he held than someone he sold that too,

i certainly wouldnt take what nevil said as being based on first-hand knowledge since it clearly wasnt ...
no offence to him , but he definitely could not know exactly what sam gave him , other than what sam said ,
i recall nevil saying the seeds he got ,were exactly as he was told they were ...

the viability issue is a bit confusing though since they should have been fresh enough to strike with a very good % rate ..

i dont see the point in us debating what 2 other people did really
only they know , he said , she said , isnt gonna do us any good ...

even crazier trying to decipher things through another set of eyes , ie tom hill ,
he wasnt even there with the sam and nevils exchange ,, and he still has haze down as a 4 way hybrid in that quote ,
we know it wasnt nowadays , so that quote is kinda pointless as far as trying to prove anything ...

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Gentlemen, wtf!!!
I'm directing an international organisation by day and I have enough dicks in my face, so please can some of the founding fathers step in and help with the situation please!?
I love to learn more about haze but I don't give a fuck about who thinks who gave what to whom if they weren't there.
Can anyone step up and provide some clarity? I think some of the guys must be on these forums, please help!!!
CC

You might want go back to your safe space 🤭

The Haze war of 1969 is still raging on. ⚔🗡🏹

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
hey hempy ,
yes im aware of what nevil has said , and what sam has said ,
sam categorically denies selling any seed made by the haze brothers though ,
over and over he has stated that ....
plainly he valued those original seeds too much to part with them and probably never had thousands to being with ...

neither of us can know what happened there of course,
though im sure sam knows what he did ,
and would have a better idea of the stock he held than someone he sold that too,

i certainly wouldnt take what nevil said as being based on first-hand knowledge since it clearly wasnt ...
no offence to him
, but he definitely could not know exactly what sam gave him , other than what sam said ,
i recall nevil saying the seeds he got ,were exactly as he was told they were ...

the viability issue is a bit confusing though since they should have been fresh enough to strike with a very good % rate ..

i dont see the point in us debating what 2 other people did really
only they know , he said , she said , isnt gonna do us any good ..

even crazier trying to decipher things through another set of eyes , ie tom hill ,
he wasnt even there with the sam and nevils exchange ,, and he still has haze down as a 4 way hybrid in that quote ,
we know it wasnt nowadays , so that quote is kinda pointless as far as trying to prove anything ..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would you not take what Nevil said as being based on first-hand knowledge (your wards) when he was there and was the guy that paid for the seed ?. Why would you who was not there just out right dispel his side of the story.His side of the story has been documented ward for ward by the way.

I have always tried to show Sam respect and will continue to maybe you and others need to follow the same mantra.

TheDarkStorm

Hey guys. Sorry had a real headache logging back in to the new upgraded site.
That cerebral sandlewood haze is probably the cut of nl5haze adam was using.

TheDarkStorm

Hempy not much point going into that...as we know some dont want the exact details of that being made public...and it was made clear wat was wat and what was given ...you wer ther and seen the conversations and wen that stuff got deleted it said it all...we know others know too...but it is what it is.

TheDarkStorm

I got a question....did anyone ever get old ssh x hazeC seeds at any point in the last 20 years....id be interested in seeing the pictures please if anyone has them.

LostTribe

Premium user
i think the very reasons nevil complained about with the 1 haze female he got from those seeds ,
he described it as the most impractical plant he had ever grown ,
is the reason its not so famous in its pure form
so in order to make it growable for the bulk of growers that didnt really have a great outdoor climate ,
and tended to grow a lot indoors , he had to hybridize it with an indica ...

unless one lives in a tropical climate , pure sativas just dont make the cut ,

we can ask sam what his favorite weed is , he will probably give the same answer as he always has ,, haze and golden thai,
so im doubting either is hay ,
just not appreciated due to the growing conditions of the bulk of modern growers ,
has nothing to do with the quality of the herb itself , both are fire in the right climate ...

recently we have all watched mad mac select some fine looking specimens from haze ,
done indoors , so they are in there ,
a legend has been built upon the stuff , there is no way its just inbred hay ...

None of Todd's Ohaze were hay, was hard to decide on which to keep but really like one might run the purple one again. THH flipped this week.

I haven't found anything but hay in Shanti's 2017 auction NH. Anyone else run them? I wanted to try them after seeing leets they were nothing like them.

I will try one again since I've learned a lot about sativa's since those. Not sure it will matter but I'm game.

LT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts