What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus7

This OH 1990 is so slow.. It's over 3 months (exactly 94 days) and both are barely growing any flowers. I'm not sure if these will ever finish.

Imho one needs to purge all that nasty green (Nitrogen) out of the plant if one wants decent flowers on a pure Sativa.

I'd suggest a hempy style defoliation immediately!

Peace,

N7

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Imho one needs to purge all that nasty green (Nitrogen) out of the plant if one wants decent flowers on a pure Sativa.

I'd suggest a hempy style defoliation immediately!

Peace,

N7

I can see the tanks and artillery massing on the peaceful kingdom of hempy over this comment :biggrin:

But full agree in your comment.

I would also open it up by tying/ Training the branches out to.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
This OH 1990 is so slow.. It's over 3 months (exactly 94 days) and both are barely growing any flowers. I'm not sure if these will ever finish. Both are 12' tall. They would have been taller had I not used LST. Both look the same.

try 8-10h lights on ...rest in dark.

Koondense

Veteran
+1 on defoliating and opening her up, get the most out of her. Photoperiod 10/14 will also help.

A question for the old schoolers...
I see you mention the classic skunk x haze, my question, is it different from the current cultivator's choice Haze x Skunk?
The parents are opposite it seems and i wonder how the two lines differ.
Any info is welcome.

Cheers

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This OH 1990 is so slow.. It's over 3 months (exactly 94 days) and both are barely growing any flowers. I'm not sure if these will ever finish. Both are 12' tall. They would have been taller had I not used LST. Both look the same.

Not being rude at all but 12 weeks ?
might be time to throw to trash and try flower the clone which will come in alot quicker or find a better pheno.
Looks like it just started to flower so at least 10 plus more weeks so minimum 22 weeks ? , never heard of O Haze needing that long apart from Oldtimers Haze.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not being rude at all but 12 weeks ?
might be time to throw to trash and try flower the clone which will come in alot quicker or find a better pheno.
Looks like it just started to flower so at least 10 plus more weeks so minimum 22 weeks ? , never heard of O Haze needing that long apart from Oldtimers Haze.

I'm thinking the same. There are 2 of these and both look the same. I put these into flower on 8/12. The THH right next to these is way further into flower. I have more seeds of this as well as a bunch of other stuff.

For all you advocating defoliation. This is not gonna help make her flower any faster. As you can see her main tops are just as spindly with no leaf blocking anything. I wouldn't do it anyway lol. These are indoors I do not have the space for plants more spread out than that. Its why these were trained the way they are.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Forget the defol if ya don't want try, but what about the N?

Defoliation is bro science. There's no need to ever do that. IMO the N is fine. We already had the discussion about trying to lower N only. It's not possible without using a custom Nutrient mix.

The only thing I should have done is use a larger pot. These and THH are in 2g pots. I see no signs of unhappy plants. There all def root bound. I cant change on/off times as I grow perpetual. There are 14 other plants in that room. Many are at different flowering times.

I agree with OJD on this.

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Even if they go 20 plus weeks your now half way threw flower and the potential of a big yield is staring you in the face.

I am not going to tell you how to grow your plants but when you grow Haze or even heavy haze hybrids you have to expect long flowering.

Personally i would be more concerned if they flowered faster.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Even if they go 20 plus weeks you are now halfway through flower and the potential of a big yield is staring you in the face.

I am not going to tell you how to grow your plants but when you grow Haze or even heavy haze hybrids you have to expect long flowering.

Personally i would be more concerned if they flowered faster.

I have no issues with long flowering genetics, for me, 20 weeks+ isn't a doable long flowering variety for just about everyone. I don't see any growing phenos that take that long, their opinions would help a lot. OJD has been growing haze a hell of a lot longer than me. I dont think he would have posted that if he thought there was light at the end lol. So far I'm not liking these phenos much. THH has them beat. I haven't culled anything yet. I'll see what's what as they grow. At some point, I might through in the towel on these phenos..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I have no issues with long flowering genetics, for me, 20 weeks+ isn't a doable long flowering variety for just about everyone. I don't see any growing phenos that take that long, their opinions would help a lot. OJD has been growing haze a hell of a lot longer than me. I dont think he would have posted that if he thought there was light at the end lol. So far I'm not liking these phenos much. THH has them beat. I haven't culled anything yet. I'll see what's what as they grow. At some point, I might through in the towel on these phenos..

I have documented 50% haze that took 19/20 weeks in flower and could of gone longer from seed and i call a 50% haze that is ready at 16 weeks fast.

My NHF2s i ran were way faster than their parents and i called them fast at 17 weeks of flower.

Yes you can find faster plants pop up but for me there not what i look for as the goods are always found in the long flowering plants..

Some clones can come in faster by many weeks but that is not always the case and some clones are not faster in flower than the seed plant.

Your at the half way point your call what you do but i know what i would do.

From a guy that has been growing satives for over 4 decades and Dutch Haze for over 2 decades now what you have there is something that would have me very excited as a grower.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have documented 50% haze that took 19/20 weeks in flower and could of gone longer from seed and i call a 50% haze that is ready at 16 weeks fast.

My NHF2s i ran were way faster than their parents and i called them fast at 17 weeks of flower.

Yes you can find faster plants pop up but for me there not what i look for as the goods are always found in the long flowering plants..

Some clones can come in faster by many weeks but that is not always the case and some clones are not faster in flower than the seed plant.

Your at the half way point your call what you do but i know what i would do.

From a guy that has been growing satives for over 4 decades and Dutch Haze for over 2 decades now what you have there is something that would have me very excited as a grower.

Clearly, not everyone has the same opinion. Sometimes the hardest part about growing is which opinion to accept lol.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Its not about opinions Hammer its all about the plant.

Some cull long flowering plants because they see them an not being practical.

I see them as expressing there natural sativa side.

When i grow a sativa or sativa heavy line the most important thing i look for is the smoke quality and length of high. Then comes yield vigor and smells and taste. The last thing i care about is the flowering times as long flowering times comes with the territory of growing sativas.

What some growers do with plants like them is clone and as it has rooted put that clone directly in flower so to limit the plants size.

Happy Times

94 days of flowering? Wow that’s a slow lady

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its not about opinions Hammer its all about the plant.

Some cull long flowering plants because they see them an not being practical.

I see them as expressing there natural sativa side.

When i grow a sativa or sativa heavy line the most important thing i look for is the smoke quality and length of high. Then comes yield vigor and smells and taste. The last thing i care about is the flowering times as long flowering times comes with the territory of growing sativas.

What some growers do with plants like them is clone and as it has rooted put that clone directly in flower so to limit the plants size.

LOL, It is about opinions. I don't see any growing 20+ week plants. Even those that only grow hazes tend to steer clear of them. If you want to argue about that maybe someone else will play.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
+1 on defoliating and opening her up, get the most out of her. Photoperiod 10/14 will also help.

A question for the old schoolers...
I see you mention the classic skunk x haze, my question, is it different from the current cultivator's choice Haze x Skunk?
The parents are opposite it seems and i wonder how the two lines differ.
Any info is welcome.

Cheers

I know Nevil used the Skunk as the female side of the cross and the Haze as the father.

Nevil made 2 different versions of Sk x Hz a Sk x HzC and a Sk x HzA.

Looking at the plants grown back in the days when people posted the grows of what Sam breed that were given out as freebies or sold i am guessing he also used a Hz male over the Sk as his version was also very Haze dominant.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
LOL, It is about opinions. I don't see any growing 20+ week plants. Even those that only grow hazes tend to steer clear of them. If you want to argue about that maybe someone else will play.

Well then you have met one now hammer that person being me.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I know Nevil used the Skunk as the female side of the cross and the Haze as the father.

Nevil made 2 different versions of Sk x Hz a Sk x HzC and a Sk x HzA.

Looking at the plants grown back in the days when people posted the grows of what Sam breed that were given out as freebies or sold i am guessing he also used a Hz male over the Sk as his version was also very Haze dominant.

no need to guess ,
if written correctly , which im sure sam and nevil would have done
the female is mentioned first , the male second .....
easy peasy then , we can all follow along and know what is what ...
so check out what is written by folks growing sams skunk/haze..

it doesnt really matter if its a male x this , or a female cross that ,
there are no sexual markers in cannabis that anyone has noticed as yet ,
maybe there is , but no one has noted it ,
perhaps one day there will be a complex study into that and we will know for sure ,
currently the jury is out on any difference between a male or female used ,
moreso about the selection of the individual plants , which is always important either way ......

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seedsman Original Haze ... currently @ 12 weeks
Click image for larger version  Name:	E1C3175E-DAE3-4E20-96E7-C10CB52EC0C2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	168.1 KB ID:	17992938
Click image for larger version  Name:	1D847F39-A2F7-4F8F-AEBA-2C8F4A95889B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	218.2 KB ID:	17992939
Click image for larger version  Name:	E1C3175E-DAE3-4E20-96E7-C10CB52EC0C2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	168.1 KB ID:	17992938
Click image for larger version  Name:	0F8590FF-62E6-4A9C-BB22-BF23424CD2BB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	205.9 KB ID:	17992941
Click image for larger version  Name:	81D553AD-DABE-460C-B86C-39727590413B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	178.7 KB ID:	17992942

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts