What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyChicago

From a coffeeshop customer point of view, the best Hazes did disappear from amsterdam around '00, but still have been present in Maastricht. And the C5 A5 HPH sold there staid all the time the same, from the first time until the last time I did smoke them, long time ago.
And what a coincidence that those legendary cuts were available at that shop, when most of the people (like me) did not even know and even less care who Neville was. Decades of marketing anticipation?
They would have better called them Jack Herer, if they were fakes, they would have sold better, as that was the name that did sell the best.

C

ChicagoG

Real A5 is the same A5 cut you can find on internet pictures from 2001 it was then all around in holland and original one,you can buy cuts...of A5 and all hazes..

https://www.smokersguide.com/hashweed/239/haze_a5.html#.Xld_dKhKiUk
look these picture and comapre these buds to karmas post before and it is original for shure.
It is lie that there is no A5 all these years it was around always but not in comemrcial coffe shops of turists citys.
It is very good cut but lots of woody tons can make ya trouth hurt they are not rafined like SSH,JACK H,Kalimist....These i mentioned are more prefered by growers then old cuts also as smokers in coffe shop who wants to get high not they are connoisseurs like we.
Most people like more Super Lemon Haze then any of old cuts. And old cuts flower for 16 weeks and SSH is fine at 10-10.5 weeks. And you can sell SLH way more.
You have to in mind that cuts and genetics are dictated by market in this case.
Thats why core cut and kritikal+ are most growed weed in EU,and NL/HP/SS/Shiva crosses in USA.
Hempy say some things which have not sense that CBD is new and some craps like that.
Abviosly here we have lack of knowladge,dj9 also say that Haze males A and C are still alive and yes they are at Bedrocan facilities dj will have to know that Nevil sold those cuts to Ben and that is thin that pissed Sam the most.
This owerpower high of A5 was before 25+ years.
Most of weed that thime was very weak and these Hybrids have more of THC then others.
Today you have OGs,Chems,Sours...and if you smoke them some time you will have big tolerance.
Why no incense today,people really dont care for them i know that this A5 crew have first SSH 14 weeks,pepery ginger pine. Which first goes by name Amnesia Haze for its power.
And somas cut what was progeny of here flower in 10 and comapers to it 4 weeks more dont do anything better but cost more money.

A5 C5...or cuts chosen from same line it is the same.
Same genetics just differnet selection.
What you see before A5 mybe it is not well grown,dj9 say that you can smoke it all day,what weed can you smoke all day if it is that strong any good NL5xhaze cut smoked all day leves me after 3-4 joint like brainwashed corps and cant move my mind is freeze.

This debate makes no sense. Someome smoked before 25+ years something and compare it now after smoking every day for 25 years and say it was stronger it so fake.

I smoke lots of A5,C5 and everithing haze hybirds.
Every proper grown haze can fuck you up.
But still well grown hypro cut not that bubblegum,i mean incense-pepper-lemon at 84 days by raw power blows any old NL5 haze cuts out of water.

If today breeders do some real breeding it will be great but in 2020 we are talking about Nl5haze and OG kush and it is most problem for me. Breeding is dead it is just botelnacking of cannabis strains today looks like Ghostog x sour lambox gucci cake if you see these these is just fake marketing and nothing else what is these strain ????

After smoking many years and almost every strain,and lots of landraces,where i was born there are only landraces and one of the biggest cananbis production country in world.
stil i found SSH the best strain ever grail of all Cananbis strains.
You are high and stoned at the same time you feel haze and afg/sk at the same time in taste,flawour and efect.

All these A5,C5....are special for now or then but for daily smoke nothing can beat SSH phenos around 77-84 days.

Also Nevile wants to improve C5 and A5 so thats why he make crosses with them and his best holy grail and champion of champions stil is SSH.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I have got an A5 cut from the exact time frame your talking about in london and have stayed quiet on this as to not upset certain people untill I do a project with her.
Does the Brixton area ring any bells when you talk about this cut ?
You are the first person I've heard mention it along with the guy who has the A5 and shared who no longer lives in london.

We also had a famous cut in London that I believe but cant verify is either the real C5 or bagseed of the C5 from early 90's.

Peace

hi ojd this cut along with nl sk haze came via a friend i went to school with ,,this was about 20/30 mins away from brixton but it came from here if its the same one it was definatly nevilles but the guy was also freindly with them at positronics and i always suspected the other unkown haze came from there i was once told it had jamaican in it was swweet sticky good yeilders xtreme stretch monster the weed was pure feel good energy probaly my grail flavour was fruity sweet buds grew into horn shapes with the intracracy of a snowflake ,,as i mentioned that haze 5 cut was circulated up an down the land so could easily of ended up in brixton,,its strange wen you get olde i remember people coming down from luton in rave scene buying haze 5 nl and sk cuts then years later i stunk out the skunk ion sonone i was working with i said whats that they saids its called cheese and it comes from luton i thought aint that something lol
ps be interested to see a pic if that cut sometime

Last edited:

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Dj9 get to 50 posts. And it should be realy easy to put it to rest, who we are and who you are.

Ps i been growing these cuts since end 90.s

Ps The crew had these cuts before Nevil went to jail.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
From a coffeeshop customer point of view, the best Hazes did disappear from amsterdam around '00, but still have been present in Maastricht. And the C5 A5 HPH sold there staid all the time the same, from the first time until the last time I did smoke them, long time ago.
And what a coincidence Nevilles legendary cuts were already sold at the same shop, when most of the people (like me) did not even know and even less care who Neville was. Decades of marketing anticipation?

All of Nev's best haze work came from f1s and some plants were selected from 100s if not 1000s of plants. Going by what Dj9 posted the 5a was never sold in seed.

But i would bet people have found just as good or better in the 1000s of seed Nev sold to the community than the parent plants.Haze A and haze C came from the same bag of seed they were sibling.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Real A5 is the same A5 cut you can find on internet pictures from 2001 it was then all around in holland and original one,you can buy cuts...of A5 and all hazes..

look these picture and comapre these buds to karmas post before and it is original for shure.
It is lie that there is no A5 all these years it was around always but not in comemrcial coffe shops of turists citys.
It is very good cut but lots of woody tons can make ya trouth hurt they are not rafined like SSH,JACK H,Kalimist....These i mentioned are more prefered by growers then old cuts also as smokers in coffe shop who wants to get high not they are connoisseurs like we.
Most people like more Super Lemon Haze then any of old cuts. And old cuts flower for 16 weeks and SSH is fine at 10-10.5 weeks. And you can sell SLH way more.
Thats why core cut and kritikal+ are most growed weed in EU,and NL/HP/SS/Shiva crosses in USA.
Hempy say some things which have not sense that CBD is new and some craps like that.
Abviosly here we have lack of knowladge,dj9 also say that Haze males A and C are still alive and yes they are at Bedrocan facilities dj will have to know that Nevil sold those cuts to Ben and that is thin that pissed Sam the most.
Most of weed that thime was very weak and these Hybrids have more of THC then others.
Today you have OGs,Chems,Sours...and if you smoke them some time you will have big tolerance.
Why no incense today,people really dont care for them i know that this A5 crew have first SSH 14 weeks,pepery ginger pine. Which first goes by name Amnesia Haze for its power.
And somas cut what was progeny of here flower in 10 and comapers to it 4 weeks more dont do anything better but cost more money.

What you see before A5 mybe it is not well grown,dj9 say that you can smoke it all day,what weed can you smoke all day if it is that strong any good NL5xhaze cut smoked all day leves me after 3-4 joint like brainwashed corps and cant move my mind is freeze.

This debate makes no sense. Someome smoked before 25+ years something and compare it now after smoking every day for 25 years and say it was stronger it so fake.

But still well grown hypro cut not that bubblegum,i mean incense-pepper-lemon at 84 days by raw power blows any old NL5 haze cuts out of water.

If today breeders do some real breeding it will be great but in 2020 we are talking about Nl5haze and OG kush and it is most problem for me. Breeding is dead it is just botelnacking of cannabis strains today looks like Ghostog x sour lambox gucci cake if you see these these is just fake marketing and nothing else what is these strain ????

After smoking many years and almost every strain,and lots of landraces,where i was born there are only landraces and one of the biggest cananbis production country in world.
You are high and stoned at the same time you feel haze and afg/sk at the same time in taste,flawour and efect.

All these A5,C5....are special for now or then but for daily smoke nothing can beat SSH phenos around 77-84 days.

Also Nevile wants to improve C5 and A5 so thats why he make crosses with them and his best holy grail and champion of champions stil is SSH.

Please STOP smoking Crack. :dance013: :D

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hi Donald Northern NSW was the spot so now we gone from indoor cannabis is not as good as out doors cannabis to now tropical is better than subtropical cannabis :dueling:
Haze was said to be some of the best cannabis were was that grown Cali was that grown in the tropics no.

I am not saying cannabis grown in the tropics or sub tropics or even if its grown in the Snowy Mountains is the best i thought that came down to genetics and the grower growing set genetics with love.

What would i know
things usually do better in climates they have adapted too over generations,,

its no secret at all ,
plants that have adapted to the tropics ,
tend to do better in the tropics ,
im sure haze would also do better in the tropics than in the sub tropics or temperate zones , or indoors ,
after all its from the tropics ,
not something ive just come up with out of the blue , its a known fact ....

likely why its been hybridized , otherwise it would be hard for most to grow ,

and as we have heard on numerous occasions ,
its very inbred and enjoys outcrossing to bring out more vigor etc.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've always associated the A5 as Spicy/Frankincense/ Church
And the C5 pine/lemon/Church
The description on the smokersguide seems to be describing the taste/smell of the C5 ?
The A5 doesnt really have any Pine/ lemon on my nose of it although some people detect other notes in Cannabis that others dont.

To me the old SSH cut was also my favourite of the Haze's but the old cut not the SSH cut known as the Amnesia and to me the old C5 was the closest to that and may even of been sold as the SSH back then at cups)
Nevil Haze is the strongest of all the cuts and that was my favourite for potency but the old SSH was the perfect mix of flavour and High.

Peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One thing I've always wondered is when you first turned up at icmag cup and I met you you had no Haze at all ?
Onky happy brother and some other bits but no Haze ?
If you been growing them from late 90's how come you never had any Haze samples you brought with year after year ?
I see you work with my SSSDH cut before you did any work with any of the old Haze cuts .
I know you said you needed permission to breed but what about bringing flowers to show us at
the ic cup you used to come every year ?
Dj9 get to 50 posts. And it should be realy easy to put it to rest, who we are and who you are.

Ps i been growing these cuts since end 90.s

Ps The crew had these cuts before Nevil went to jail.

C

ChicagoG

The main thing what Nevile has is NL5 x haze combo,and that combo is really special it change Haze high from uppy/raccy to Slightly psydelic-narcotic. And for me Haze is only by smell it must be oriental with incense dominant trait,but i also found incense in some purple indicas,bubba and La conf.
Anything Sativa without that burning smell is just plain sativa.

And every other work of Neville is Nl5xhaze x something.

Also i dont care what Dj9 or any other say i was also ther in NL at thet time smoked many,grow many,and i have my own expirience and knowladge based on that.

Why dj9 dont know that Neville sold all his cuts and seeds to Sensi Seeds with Haze males A and C ?? If he was there today Sensi Jack Harrer is (Nl5xskunk1)xNL5)xHazeA it is genetics of Jack Herrer of Sensi Pack.
So thats why you can find same smell like A5 in Jack Herrer seeds.
Who grows JH he will know that.
And their Nl5xhaze is NL5xhazeC also like Silver Pearl x haze C is Silver Haze.
But people dont want to know that.

Hempy and Dj shit on Karma,i have my respect for him i bet that Dj9 and Hempy both didnt grow 2000 plants in their life,it is today just one part of karmas selction of one cultivar in USA.
With that bigg selection he can find any cut what was in NL at the time,people say that A5 is the most incense haze no it is not for shure od silver haze mostly goes after by name Jack Herrer was most incense cut i had ever smoked in my life and it is 98 cut. It was so good that you can have only 2,5 grams daily of it in south of NL.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another thing I've always thought might be the case is that there were different cuts in Amstedam than the south of Holland and there are defo the Spicy SSH and the Pine/Lemon SSH ( I'm not talking about today SSH) from late 90's until Neville skipped town around 2003 I mean , as then this other
SSH was only ever around and far inferior to the Original.
When Neville moved to Amsterdam he did big runs to pick out select phenos and thats what I believe the Amsterdam crew who was working with him know more about than the south crew
The main thing what Nevile has is NL5 x haze combo,and that combo is really special it change Haze high from uppy/raccy to Slightly psydelic-narcotic. And for me Haze is only by smell it must be oriental with incense dominant trait,but i also found incense in some purple indicas,bubba and La conf.
Anything Sativa without that burning smell is just plain sativa.

And every other work of Neville is Nl5xhaze x something.

Also i dont care what Dj9 or any other say i was also ther in NL at thet time smoked many,grow many,and i have my own expirience and knowladge based on that.

Why dj9 dont know that Neville sold all his cuts and seeds to Sensi Seeds with Haze males A and C ?? If he was there today Sensi Jack Harrer is (Nl5xskunk1)xNL5)xHazeA it is genetics of Jack Herrer of Sensi Pack.
So thats why you can find same smell like A5 in Jack Herrer seeds.
Who grows JH he will know that.
And their Nl5xhaze is NL5xhazeC also like Silver Pearl x haze C is Silver Haze.
But people dont want to know that.

Hempy and Dj shit on Karma,i have my respect for him i bet that Dj9 and Hempy both didnt grow 2000 plants in their life,it is today just one part of karmas selction of one cultivar in USA.
With that bigg selection he can find any cut what was in NL at the time,people say that A5 is the most incense haze no it is not for shure od silver haze mostly goes after by name Jack Herrer was most incense cut i had ever smoked in my life and it is 98 cut. It was so good that you can have only 2,5 grams daily of it in south of NL.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Goats cheese which thai do you like ? Dj's landrace reminds me of somthing a friend once had we called the black it was a very old lowland thai that was mighty strong....very dark over powering,camphor ,more kina dark chocolate bitter leather type but not sweetness to it tho...if you smoked a j to yourself youd be done in and have to lie down...youd sink in to the bed and the walls used feel like ther moving an the bed start spining you mind would play some serious tricks on you but your body would feel it too..that was probably the most powerful stuff id ever come across.. the guy holding that lost it to the law.

It was a thai a buddy grew about 15 years ago here in N Europe. Bag seed stock he got from his friend. Green, huge fluffy colas in DWC hydro. Full on nanner machine in the end, full off developed/ undeveloped seeds. Pain in the ass to prepare a smoke because of those seeds, but absolutely lovely, blissful high; No paranoia, no raciness what so ever. Pure joy. It wasn't very "trippy" just pure bliss.
Left a nice incense aroma in the room after smoking. It wasn't spicey at all but sort of fruity ..can't remember that well. I wasn't growing then myself, so didn't take enough notes ...and didn't save any seeds, damnit.

Yea, for sativas, i think i'd pick DJ Shorts sativa strains to try over Haze hybrids, thou i'm not too into sativas atm because of my health issues.. When i was younger racy Haze hybrids like C99 didn't bother me and was one of my favorite smokes at the time, but nowadays i stay clear of that kind of stuff.
..thou, i have 4 ladies of G13Haze from MrNice in veg which i can put into my flowering tent in 5-6 weeks time. It's interesting to get to try Haze-C hybrid and few of them have nice veg aromas on them.

I had very nice Blueberry sativa (purple thai) leaning Cheeseberry plant from Eskobar's few years ago, that i think would have sold nicely in Amsterdam coffeeshops, but it was a bit too vivid in the mind for my liking so i let it go after few grows. No paranoia or too racy, but trippy enough to distract my everyday living just abit too much.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's amazing info :tiphat:and defo helps me piece together where this cut came from although I was told it was direct from Neville.

You ever want any free Haze seeds to check out I'd be happy to send some your way for you and any old crew who used to work with these old cuts and have been growing that long.
Peace
hi ojd this cut along with nl sk haze came via a friend i went to school with ,,this was about 20/30 mins away from brixton but it came from here if its the same one it was definatly nevilles but the guy was also freindly with them at positronics and i always suspected the other unkown haze came from there i was once told it had jamaican in it was swweet sticky good yeilders xtreme stretch monster the weed was pure feel good energy probaly my grail flavour was fruity sweet buds grew into horn shapes with the intracracy of a snowflake ,,as i mentioned that haze 5 cut was circulated up an down the land so could easily of ended up in brixton,,its strange wen you get olde i remember people coming down from luton in rave scene buying haze 5 nl and sk cuts then years later i stunk out the skunk ion sonone i was working with i said whats that they saids its called cheese and it comes from luton i thought aint that something lol

C

ChicagoG

I've always associated the A5 as Spicy/Frankincense/ Church
And the C5 pine/lemon/Church
The description on the smokersguide seems to be describing the taste/smell of the C5 ?
The A5 doesnt really have any Pine/ lemon on my nose of it although some people detect other notes in Cannabis that others dont.

To me the old SSH cut was also my favourite of the Haze's but the old cut not the SSH cut known as the Amnesia and to me the old C5 was the closest to that and may even of been sold as the SSH back then at cups)
Nevil Haze is the strongest of all the cuts and that was my favourite for potency but the old SSH was the perfect mix of flavour and High.

Peace

NO Ojd A5 was never Frankeincesne if you mean like purple phenos of SSH they have traits from NL line purple incense but after cure buds smell like Hashish and incense like old indicas.

A5 real one smell piney metalic little bit sour(but not Diesel like SD) and dark smells at back leather,meat, indian spices wood and dead flowers of rose and fruity baby shit clay like smell at end.

In fact most of these smells are from NL5 meaty/leather pheno also as high mostly is like NL5 but in all aspects more up.

While C5 original one pass ginger,lemon cream,piney,and balck pepper to offsprings. And C5 clone was more Haze and more uplifted then A5.

that is what i think,cuz people who try A5 compare that high to like more Sativish OG kush. So indica aspect of high play bigger role in A5.
But if i had to chose i will chose C5 and their ofspring it has more plesent high,brighter look on world and makes people horny sometimes.

That is my opinon on those cuts.
:tiphat:

Nexus7

I have got an A5 cut from the exact time frame your talking about in london and have stayed quiet on this as to not upset certain people untill I do a project with her.
Does the Brixton area ring any bells when you talk about this cut ?
You are the first person I've heard mention it along with the guy who has the A5 and shared who no longer lives in london.

We also had a famous cut in London that I believe but cant verify is either the real C5 or bagseed of the C5 from early 90's.

Peace

There's two different cuts labelled A5 on the phylos database.

One is submitted by Ace seeds via YS via Karma. The other by DNA genetics. Both are clearly related to all the Nevil Haze A or C work but interestingly enough aren't related to each other.

Perhaps the A5 london cut is the one that DNA genetics hold?

Peace,

N7

Nexus7

Well it looks like the only way we're going to get to the bottom of this is to Haze an A5 smoke off.

Who's with me?

Naturally I'd be more than happy to judge the samples :)

N7

CodyPomeray

So who's organizing the haze-head campfire kumbaya? Almost seems fitting now that after all this time theres some semblance of a finale afoot. Did any of yall imagine when you were 14 smoking joints for the first time, that 30 years later it would be like this? Wild how far the plant reaches and brings us all together.

Thankfully I am no figurehead in this debate, with my lack of organizational skills and misplaced memory, I could only imagine how much chaos would be at foot. Most of my cuts end up being goodweed x weed.com .

Appreciate the work of yall whos collectively kept genetics alive for future generations to experience. If only the folks buying 5$ cuts at collectives knew the history behind them.

Much love all.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's some great info I've never heard or read anywhere. :tiphat:

This cut I'm talking about is from late 80's or early 90's and back then they were very free with cuts in Holland especially if you was making a huge purchase of seeds direct from Neville and as already said Neville would even take them to the castle and or show them a great time and treat his customers very well.

Peace
There's two different cuts labelled A5 on the phylos database.

One is submitted by Ace seeds via YS via Karma. The other by DNA genetics. Both are clearly related to all the Nevil Haze A or C work but interestingly enough aren't related to each other.

Perhaps the A5 london cut is the one that DNA genetics hold?

Peace,

N7

harvestreaper

Veteran
That's amazing info :tiphat:and defo helps me piece together where this cut came from although I was told it was direct from Neville.

You ever want any free Haze seeds to check out I'd be happy to send some your way for you and any old crew who used to work with these old cuts and have been growing that long.
Peace

very kind of you ojd and its good to see the old stuff being maintained i have great memories of those years many would boldy try her and most would fold have a whitey but i remember and old jamacain rasta at a friends house and when i got the bag out and he got a wiff and his ears pricked up so i said wanna skin up mate he said yes i let him roll his spliff take a few tokes then looked him in the eye and asked him can you get weed that strong anywere???,,as he exaled he said ,,,no mon lol i didnt think hed give a young prick like me the satifaction but fair play he did and he took it the best to lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts