What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Piff_cat

Hiya Piff, is that cured or newly chopped?

Seeing some similarities of your plant with these Viet Black genetics [ (KA5xVB)xVB ].

2021 cured, 2022 fresh
full

Peace
F2F
shes been curing about 6 weeks thanks. definitly a strong resemblance, the vietnam male is from the landraceteam teams northern vietnam. dj found this line and felt it represented "landrace haze" as it was nearly identical to haze A progeny. so thats very cool the ka5 x vb so similar. vietnam lines especially in the north find themselves in a unique desirable location for genetic diversity. sandwiched in between thai types to the south and yunnan/tibet to the northwest. the vietnam plants have alot of cool vigor traits. they can move fingers of fan leaves to catch more sun, they love high stress training ive been ripping the top layer off of stems and they grow back so quick and stronger. im going to hunt some of the best haze A clones/seed lines to infuse next. dj has found some really desirable females which finish at 12 weeks but all sativa structure and resin.
i like this map to envision where the diversity zones for cannabis

1667571969080.png

1667571573996.png

1667571634035.png

1667571691137.png

1667571510779.png

F2F

@Piff_cat - all three females I’ve grown of this line have a peculiar trait of developing swollen bracts early in flower, then the resin just keeps stacking. Thinking this might be the VB side. Does yours do something similar?

Peace,
F2F

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
About this perennial thing subject
In the tropics I think it is not possible, you get at most 11/13 photoperiod and you cannot reveg plants naturally. But around lat 30 and higher latitudes it is possible if you have a proper environment with certain genetics you can have annual plants
I always leave the lower branches of the plants I chop to see how they behave and if they survive winter
At the colder GH, this year I obtained the first plant to reveg and in fact it could be at least annual
This is Ot1 Purple Haze x Meao Thai PH pheno. Very resilient plant, it survived temperatures of close to 0C, coldest winter in 40 years, it is making seed and having new veg growth
View attachment 18775898
I tried the new GH and the difference is huge, I have better temperatures and it was easy for Mangobiche to survive winter and come back
Yesterday was a foggy day but you can see Mangobiche back to veg.
View attachment 18775899
Both plants will flower at the end of march, if I let them grow by then they will be monsters
I think in Perth, Adelaide, Sidney in greenhouses and protected microclimates you can get the seed plants to grow more than one year
sometimes they can grow more than one season ,, perhaps 2 , but this is done in 12 months , which is annually , we get them to reveg here , but they will only do it once successfully , thats the life of an annual plant ....

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I managed to make a plant of rainbow breeze live for two years, but I'm pretty sure it was an exceptional case, the result of many factors that I'm not here to list so as not to go too off topic ...
At the end of the second year the plant has gone towards the end of its life, as is in its nature, cannabis is an annual plant ...
PS I live 45 north

Piff_cat

@Piff_cat - all three females I’ve grown of this line have a peculiar trait of developing swollen bracts early in flower, then the resin just keeps stacking. Thinking this might be the VB side. Does yours do something similar?

Peace,
F2F
mine are even weirder then that but it like it. so new paper about wild cannabis came out this year and for first time they really studied the different growth habits. found out that wild cannabis will start flowering even under 18 hours of light in its most sensitive examples. "semi autoflower" is used alot but its kinda vague. almost like there is a third state of growth inbetween veg and flower . my plants all show resin cover "cone calyx" pre flowers i call em that come out at sexing and never go away even as a mother. ive found em on other nevils haze progeny as well as in macs work with sam and thh. so its definitly related to wild /semi feral diversity
i found 2 monoceious plants in my f1s. first showed as males but then grew pistils and created some seed. big beautiful green nld males with giants leaves i kept cuz they were so substantial. after they threw balls, i put them back in veg. then they changed into these red stemmed yellow pistil wild females! resin on stem dark red stripes mentholated scents all the good stuff.ike you said pre flowers just kept getting bigger but still in veg. there could also be a time element for hormone maturation. sensimilla has shrunk the gene pool on the basis of male and female genomes being identical or not different enough to matter. the male chromosome is actually larger. and monocious is the ancestral form of reproduction. ancestral resin/flower trais which are desirable are probly linked to other male only genes. i found a whole thread on a plant like this which popped in mexican death sativa by ortega too.

green male turned red/yellow female created a few seeds with residual pollen after throwing pistils

1667665632302.png

1667664739335.png

"calyx cone" pre flowers nevil haze same as my outback x vietnam females
1667664983363.png

mad mac picture with sams haze cone calyx
1667665177141.png

weird sri lankan from snow high grew both sex organs at tip with similar pre flowers as the vietnam type

"
THESE SEEDS ARE SELFED. This rare line of Sri Lankan herb is unlike most cannabis I’ve seen, ornamental, small sativa, lanky, narrow leaves. This is a project I may not be getting back to due to health and the time it will take to work on. The Sri Lanka female was from old seeds, which were very hard to germinate.

This female formed both sex organs on the tips of the terminal branches, thus I move this plant far away from all breeding projects and cannabis plants. At the end of the season I collected the seed and decided one day I would work on stabilizing this strain."
1667665459986.png

1667665573591.png

led05

Chasing The Present
mine are even weirder then that but it like it. so new paper about wild cannabis came out this year and for first time they really studied the different growth habits. found out that wild cannabis will start flowering even under 18 hours of light in its most sensitive examples. "semi autoflower" is used alot but its kinda vague. almost like there is a third state of growth inbetween veg and flower . my plants all show resin cover "cone calyx" pre flowers i call em that come out at sexing and never go away even as a mother. ive found em on other nevils haze progeny as well as in macs work with sam and thh. so its definitly related to wild /semi feral diversity
i found 2 monoceious plants in my f1s. first showed as males but then grew pistils and created some seed. big beautiful green nld males with giants leaves i kept cuz they were so substantial. after they threw balls, i put them back in veg. then they changed into these red stemmed yellow pistil wild females! resin on stem dark red stripes mentholated scents all the good stuff.ike you said pre flowers just kept getting bigger but still in veg. there could also be a time element for hormone maturation. sensimilla has shrunk the gene pool on the basis of male and female genomes being identical or not different enough to matter. the male chromosome is actually larger. and monocious is the ancestral form of reproduction. ancestral resin/flower trais which are desirable are probly linked to other male only genes. i found a whole thread on a plant like this which popped in mexican death sativa by ortega too.

green male turned red/yellow female created a few seeds with residual pollen after throwing pistils

View attachment 18778202

View attachment 18778197

"calyx cone" pre flowers nevil haze same as my outback x vietnam females
View attachment 18778198

mad mac picture with sams haze cone calyx
View attachment 18778199

weird sri lankan from snow high grew both sex organs at tip with similar pre flowers as the vietnam type

"
THESE SEEDS ARE SELFED. This rare line of Sri Lankan herb is unlike most cannabis I’ve seen, ornamental, small sativa, lanky, narrow leaves. This is a project I may not be getting back to due to health and the time it will take to work on. The Sri Lanka female was from old seeds, which were very hard to germinate.

This female formed both sex organs on the tips of the terminal branches, thus I move this plant far away from all breeding projects and cannabis plants. At the end of the season I collected the seed and decided one day I would work on stabilizing this strain."
View attachment 18778200

View attachment 18778201

Dasiphora fruticosa comprises male, female and hermaphrodite plants, which are distributed sympatrically in some populations on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. To explore what governs the coexistence of these three sexual phenotypes, we investigated the DNA contents, pollen and ovule production, pollen deposition, and performed hand-pollination in both hermaphroditic and dioecious individuals of D. fruticosa. Flow cytometry confirmed that the DNA content of males and females were almost twice as much as that of the hermaphrodites. Male and female flowers produced more pollen grains and ovules than hermaphroditic flowers. Hand-pollinated treatments showed that unisexual flowers were sterile in one sexual function and bisexual flowers were fertile for both functions, but no sterile seeds were produced between unisexual and bisexual flowers. Our findings imply that polyploidy is related to gender dimorphism, and both are likely to play a strong role in the coexistence of two cryptic biological species of D. fruticosa (low ploidy hermaphroditic species and high ploidy dioecious species) in the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau.

1. Introduction​

Most flowering plants are hermaphroditic, and unisexual individuals (dioecious) have evolved from hermaphroditic ancestors many times (Renner, 2014). Trioecy is an uncommon sexual system in which hermaphrodites, females, and males coexist in some species. Trioecy occurs during the evolutionary transition from hermaphroditism to dioecy (Charlesworth and Charlesworth, 1978, Ross, 1982, Spigler and Ashman, 2012). Trioecy is a stable evolutionary stage under pollen limitation of female seed production because pollen limitation reduces the fitness of females but not self-fertile hermaphrodites, counteracting the seed fertility advantage of females (Maurice and Fleming, 1995). However, previous research has shown that this sexual system is not stable because when the conditions that enable invasion by females into androdioecious populations are the same as those that result in the displacement of hermaphrodites by females, the sexual system will become dioecy (Perry et al., 2012, Wolf and Takebayashi, 2004). Thus, the stable coexistence of hermaphroditic and dioecious plants remains poorly understood.

Ploidy level (diploid and polyploid) and gender polymorphism (dioecy, gynodioecy, subdioecy, and trioecy) are associated in several flowering plant genera (Miller et al., 2016, Miller and Venable, 2000, Pannell et al., 2004, Ramsey and Ramsey, 2014, Spigler and Ashman, 2012). For example, in Lycium, polyploidy is a trigger for the evolution of gender dimorphism in self-incompatible groups (Miller and Venable, 2000, Miller and Venable, 2002). In Leptinella, gender dimorphism has evolved from monoecy; and, dioecy has been found in two tetraploid species (Himmelreich et al., 2012)……

CONTD

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Looking good; I’m curious on how the SMC/SMG x 90 Ohaze turns out; I either made them beans you’re growing or at minimum the mom…. Everything is looking good, great lineup :tiphat: