What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jerry Garcia Growing Up

Jerry_Garcia

Just starting to do some low stress training and topping. These ladies are loving this light!

I don’t think I mentioned it but I lost one of the Watermelon Zkittlez. I got my germination dome a bit too wet so we are down to 2 of those.

I’m not certain when I will flip these to flower. I want to do a bit more training than I have in the past and try and get a good number of tops.

AF45FE40-E701-4A5B-9DC9-9A10EFB33DD1.jpeg

Jerry_Garcia

So here we are just a few days after my post above. Good vigor on the Watermelon Zkittlez and they are taking to some training well. The Cherry Gar See Ya’s are taking to training well also. One of them (back left) is growing so much faster than the others. I am debating taking some clones of her. We’ll see.

I picked up some biochar and worm castings from a local source here in MO. I will be incorporating these when I transplant to 7 gallon fabric pots. (*Edit…with the help of my beautiful wife, we transplanted all to their 7 gallon forever homes today). Lots of beautiful white roots wrapped from top to bottom. Definitely a good time to transplant. Now I need to give them some time to recover from some fimming and the transplant. I suspect I may toss these into flower in 2-4 weeks. I’m looking for a certain height where I can deal with the stretch and still have some room for light adjustment.

Watermelon Zkittlez
A302FECE-30E6-49C0-ACBB-A41AE9037B59.jpeg

22E6D213-6405-4AE7-9A05-BA2461E99C4C.jpeg

Cherry Gar See Ya’s
68232EBB-47FA-422B-8FF5-9862AD4CE94A.jpeg

Last edited:

Jerry_Garcia

All the ladies in their 7 gallon forever homes. I mixed into the soil two cups of biochar and one cup of earthworm castings to each 7 gallon pot.

So far so good. I’m loving this soil blend and the Spider Farmer led! All they have received thus far is some Silica Blast from Botanicare. Soon I will give them some Cultured Biologix no-brew EZ Tea Veg.
7F0E4804-98AA-44A0-9D7E-B586ADE821B8.jpeg

Jerry_Garcia

Bouncing back nicely from the fimming and topping. EZ Tea veg was giving on Monday. No issues and looking great. The training certainly slowed the growth rate a bit but it will be worth it. Lots of tops starting to show their beauty!

9DFC5A0E-130D-4D15-AED5-6B792B61D321.jpeg

Jerry_Garcia

Starting to fill in nicely. They are all 16-19” (40-50 cm). I’m thinking I will initiate flowering sometime next week.

Cheers all, happy growing and stay lifted!

19900A21-1DBD-4BF7-8B84-64A0495BF965.jpeg

Jerry_Garcia

So here we are as of this morning. Plant height is ranging from 22-26” (55-65 cm). I switched to a 12/12 light cycle today which marks 50 days since breaking the soil. My temperature is ranging from 68-75DF with 47-55% RH.

I am going to start getting my light closer to the canopy and bringing up the intensity. I’m aiming for around 12” with 100% intensity when in flower. Currently I am at around 14-16” and 70% intensity.

After watering with some Recharge late last week, I started to see some healthy white mold forming on the surface telling me this organic soil is doing it’s job well. I’ll have to look back at previous grows but this veg cycle was one of the most trouble free thus far. I really am liking this local soil I picked up. It’s making Fox Farm Ocean Forest look like amateur hour. All the plants have received thus far is some silica blast, Cultured Biologix EZ microbial veg tea and Rechage.

I’ve done a little defoliation and plan to do some more before full flower begins.

I guess that is all for now. Stay lifted my friends!

Attachments

• 43F2E5D9-22E9-4DBF-8E1F-85797BA66DDE.jpeg
    43F2E5D9-22E9-4DBF-8E1F-85797BA66DDE.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 77
  • C1603FAC-F294-445A-AB08-73A87874D17B.jpeg
    C1603FAC-F294-445A-AB08-73A87874D17B.jpeg
    449.2 KB · Views: 67

Jerry_Garcia

Today marks day 53 since breaking soil and 4 days of 12/12. All the ladies were watered with some EZ Tea on Tuesday and this morning I worked in some organic fertilizer called Dank Dust Veg…another local Kansas City manufacturer. I just add a 1/2 cup per pot and mix it in with the top 1-2” of soil. I’ll switch to Dank Dust Flower for their next feeding in a few weeks.

This morning I also did some defoliation. I will likely not do any more and just let them now go into flower.

Some stretch is starting and the Cherry Gar-See-Ya’s are looking to get a bit taller than the Watermelon Zkittlez. This is why I like to run clones but I’ll just find a way to lift the WZ’s up so I have somewhat of an even canopy.

Keep growing and stay lifted my friends!

3138E229-4BBD-4E18-93D7-636DDC7B47DB.jpeg

FAF910C8-16BA-435E-AC7C-0550321E2608.jpeg

Jerry_Garcia

So here we are on day 18 of 12/12. Three of the CG’s have really stretched and last I checked they were all teetering around 4 feet. The two other CG’s and the two WZ’s have stretched a little less and all are under 40 inches. They all seem happy at the moment with what I have given them. I am watering every 3-4 days until runoff and have been alternating between microbial teas and plain water.

One thing I would do differently is put them into flower sooner. It’s just a bit too crowded for my liking.

The only issue that remains are some resilient gnats. I have taken a 3-way approach to keeping them under control. I’m using cinnamon, sticky traps and an organic insecticide spray. So far that is working but I have yet to 100% eradicate them. Well, I’ve learned that you really need to be checking your store bought soils before bringing any into the grow room.

A649F95B-59B6-4288-9D5C-A38AE623CA8D.jpeg

91896D4F-FA68-456C-A5CF-AE933E3C5421.jpeg

0EA0503C-A5D3-4D25-B2F8-2298B570E4EB.jpeg

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

Hi Jerry - I've got many, many clones that I've acquired in the last two years outdoors to flower. I've also got two seed grows progressing as well - Chernobyl and Roswell.

Jerry_Garcia

Hi Jerry - I've got many, many clones that I've acquired in the last two years outdoors to flower. I've also got two seed grows progressing as well - Chernobyl and Roswell.
Just looked up both and they sound fantastic! Is your Roswell from Subcool? G13 x Space Queen sounds like a winner! Space Queen was one I wanted to run years ago but never had the chance. Good luck with your grows

Latest posts

Latest posts