Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Nice African and Foreign Girls, to Flower.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREENSMOKE
    replied
    Hey man looking good!
    I had the same heat problem with my cfls. I had 2 make bigger intake at bottom and i used stronger exhaust fan up top. I also added an extra small internal fan pointing up at exhaust. Hope this helps.

I like that bigass cfl ur using...want one!

Leave a comment:

• freaks
    replied
    Thanks for the rep ;

The only issue i have had with using CFL's to grow my plants is the consistency of the actual bud (end result) Sativa is a very airy bud as is, under CFL's it seems I get more Trich growth then the bud actually getting fat, but the quality is in direct comparison as they always get me just as high, Outdoor,indoor,CFL,sun,HPS, I think itis simply a Geneticly strong line when it comes to potency.
    Yes,The bud are more airy, that is due to the small quantity of lumens, I think…
    But it is not a problem for me, I wish to make only seeds with;

what I have to notice it is that with certain strain (African and Brazil) the leave are deformed whereas of another plant like Jamaica blue moutain or CongoxOTH not no deformation…

I believes that that comes from made that not be to adapt inside, I hope to work them on several generation to cure has this problem;

Currently the only south African strain i grow is a ciskei from tropical seed co, i research transkei or real durban for my cross and preserve them, the landrace research it's a real quest but it's my way !

In south Africa, you have a weed of all Africa, no ?Zimbabwe, Mozanbique,Angola,Congo(Zaire) ,Zambia, malawi import, no ?

It's a great place for climate and great outdoor, i'm envious !

Good chance for u grow !

cheers

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Dent.
    replied
    Dont get me wrong, CFL's can be the easier option and work very well if you use the correctly (distances from bulbs)

But Hps will always give you Bigger buds and the Sun well the sun is the Sun. ;-)

Namaste

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Looking good Arthur. Keep rocking those African genetics.

Leave a comment:

• 3rdEye
    replied
    Your Swazi looks very happy Arthur. Yeah i'm not a fan of CFL, but sometimes you have to use what is around. Plus you get to use the sun.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Dent.
    replied
    Originally posted by freaks View Post
    Hi,
    nice work !
    I'm very interested by your culture with CFL,
    I'm a great fan of the old strains, particularly the African ones!

I use CFL125w in growth and basic néon for the plants mothers… but for flowering I have a “hps”…

I want to test a reproduction of landraces under neon or eco...

Did you notice difficulties of adaptation of certain strains to the low light intensity?

cheers

(sorry for my bad english...)

The only issue i have had with using CFL's to grow my plants is the consistency of the actual bud (end result) Sativa is a very airy bud as is, under CFL's it seems I get more Trich growth then the bud actually getting fat, but the quality is in direct comparison as they always get me just as high, Outdoor,indoor,CFL,sun,HPS, I think itis simply a Geneticly strong line when it comes to potency.

Dont stress about your english I understood exactly what you said :-)

Namaste

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Dent.
    replied
    Originally posted by love? View Post
    Hi Arthur, the Swazi is looking great!

Interestingly placed in a corner like that. Is it just for stealth reasons or are you also hoping that having her kinda in the shade for part of the day might make her flower faster?

Nail on the head, it stays relativly sunny in these parts all year round, so they move to shady corners when they need to feed me :-)

Namaste

Leave a comment:

• freaks
    replied
    Hi,
    nice work !
    I'm very interested by your culture with CFL,
    I'm a great fan of the old strains, particularly the African ones!

I use CFL125w in growth and basic néon for the plants mothers… but for flowering I have a “hps”…

I want to test a reproduction of landraces under neon or eco...

Did you notice difficulties of adaptation of certain strains to the low light intensity?

cheers

(sorry for my bad english...)

Leave a comment:

• love?
    replied
    Hi Arthur, the Swazi is looking great!

Interestingly placed in a corner like that. Is it just for stealth reasons or are you also hoping that having her kinda in the shade for part of the day might make her flower faster?

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Dent.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Dent.
    replied
    They coming I just moved house so finding camera equipment has been suicide as well as getting the bigger girls into my garden, I have a pic of the Swazi in its new out door home.

Namaste

Leave a comment:

• 3rdEye
    replied
    any more updates Arthur? I'm waiting to see what your girls will do.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Dent.
    replied
    Shot buddy, Those DP's look tastey ,i have had the strain since i was 13 infact iot was me first smoke.

Namaste

Leave a comment:

• vStagger Leev
    replied
    The two photos with the cfl's are my 1st grow ever, wich was years ago now! Sativa called "Bat Girl" I was told from seed. Tricky with the cfls but can still produce some damn good results! I got 3 oz's off this plant and she tasted amazing. The other 3 orangish photos are Durban Poison, some pure south african genetics. Lots of copycats of this strain around but this is the cut that got 3rd in the high times cup in frisco last year. Real amazing smoke! Gotta love african genetics, they are epic. Good to see you growing so well with the cfls bro! Good luck and keep it up!

Leave a comment:

• paulo73
    replied
    Nice!
    Growing proper sativas under CFLs straight from mother Africa.That´s cooler then a cucumber.
    Please keep those pics coming
    ATB

Leave a comment:

Working...
X