What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600W Sweet Tooth #3 monocropping.

blackone

Veteran
Looking good!!! Really makes me wanna grow ST#3, gonna have to start a bunch of them asap..:D
I'm happy to hear you're inspired by this grow - and I can really recommend the strain. Easier to trim than many other strains, semi-popcorn is frosty and potent and a fast finisher.
Needs a bit of veg - this really isn't a problem if your setup allows you to veg in smaller containers under less watts.
Please holla at me if you pop some swt beans and I'll follow your grow for sure.

You have mentioned going the hydro route couple of times. I highly recommend reading up on utilizing coco. Not quite hydro but incredible results. Once you go coco,you will not ever consider soil mixs for indoor grows.
Thanks for the comments. I've also considered coco. I would be able to easily veg in small pots before transplanting to my flower cab just like I do with soil. Bubblers would be more tricky - of course I could veg them for a little while in hydroton-filled netpots outside the bubbler system using either drippers, handwatering or ebb/flood but it wouldn't be ideal and either expensive or error-prone. Don't know either how the roots would adjust from being used to grow inside the hydroton and receiving water there to having to expand below it - maybe I would even have to add drippers to prevent the roots in the hydroton from dying unless the splashing from the bubbles would still be enough to keep the hydroton moist.
Also the root-rot problems some people have had with dwc are holding me back... I don't know how well I would be able to control res temps, even if I made a recirculating setup and kept an external res outside the cab.
I heard coco can be reused too with good results?

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Oh yeah, I have grown a few plants of the seeds I have, made of original SOL stock. Nice smoke indeed! Im throwin in a lot of different strains next run they will have their place in there...sweet grow man, they look very happy!!!

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Yea man I'm here for the show ;) Even though u didnt go with the 11 ltrs pots this round it seems like u will still end up with nice harvest. What did u avg your last grow? Pretty soon i will be starting up a log running some of OJD's new gear soon as they arrive > SSSG (SSSDH X SOMA'S G13HAZE MALE) and SHARK HAZE (SHARK SHOCK X SOMA'S G13HAZE MALE) the SSSG I purchased and the Shark Haze are testers I will be doin for him. Ill let u know once i get it goin if u wanna check it out!

blackone

Veteran
Last grow I just harvested 300 grams - less than the first time I grew in this cab...
I would be very surprised not to see this round yield quite a bit more - still not going to count my chickens quite yet.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Please give coco serious consideration.I believe it will give you the results u are looking for. No need for the bubblers, unless you can seriously control res temp. The coco is considerably more forgiving especially medium temps. GOod Luck.

Irie_Lion

Veteran
Well if things keep on filling in bro I dont think u should have a problem achieving that goal! Keep the pics coming

blackone

Veteran
Thanks people. I'm pretty sure this is gonna yield more than 400g now also - buds are still filling in and most plants have some pretty nice headbuds. The ones that don't have nice colas have a lot of smaller buds instead. Some even have both:)
I'll get around to taking photos - I know it's been a couple of days since I last updated.

blackone

Veteran
Day 38

Day 38

Time for pics again.
Dunno what to say - buds getting a little bigger but pace is slowing down visibly. I hope they're still filling in though:) Still need to document for myself and anyone who might be following so here goes.
Room:
picture.php

Reference plant:
picture.php

Trying to get a shot of a bud with flash on. Shows the colors better but I don't know if it's better like that:
picture.php

Tonyton

That plant is looking very tasty, a 600w grow is a good thing. you can get the light closer to the canapy, you can achieve your 1 gram per watt.

Irie_Lion

Veteran
Thanks for the update man...how many days do they usually take finish out? Looks like the room is filled in nice now. That bud shot is nice too. Just take a bunch of pics on diff settings that way u can always pick the good ones

blackone

Veteran
That plant is looking very tasty, a 600w grow is a good thing. you can get the light closer to the canapy, you can achieve your 1 gram per watt.
Thanks for the kind words.
You mean closer than a 1000W, or closer than what I have now?
I can't get it any closer than it already is - perhaps with a wing reflector + spreader.

Thanks for the update man...how many days do they usually take finish out? Looks like the room is filled in nice now. That bud shot is nice too. Just take a bunch of pics on diff settings that way u can always pick the good ones
Well - you can pretty much pick them from day 50-52. That's when I start pulling down head colas to avoid mold. Then day 52-54 for the lower stuff - latest I've tried is 56-58 days without much of a difference.
Yeah I've been trying out different settings - I'm pretty much at the limits with my cellphone cam I think. Used to get stripes under hps but after learning how to adjust white-balance and set the motive to "snow/beach" then it starts looking better under the lights.
When pulling out a plant for a photo-session I've tried playing with a lot of different settings and with/without flash.
I think to get any better plant portraits/budshots than what I have I need to work with a lighting setup / background.

...Or I could just get myself a real camera, hehe.

Irie_Lion

Veteran
yea i think a real camera is your best bet lol. Although the cell phone has done good for being what it is...didnt even know thats what u were using

Tonyton

Yes, closer than a 1000w. I had a 600w grow and I could keep my light as close as 5" from the canopy but i had a 6" computer fan blowing under the light across the top of the canopy to keep the heat away from the plants.

S

sinappi

Good work with the sweettooths monn.. I'm having two dif phenos coming but gonna put them aside when done this time. Not enough power... GROW ON MAN!:)

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
Hell yea, I like the look of those. It gives me pause to consider vegging out my girls a bit more before flipping. Last time with my Pot O Gold in e&f rockwool I got massive single colas, but the yield was fairly small. The canopy was also underfilled, for sure. Veg it up

:knucklebump:

Irie_Lion

Veteran
Whats up man...how them ladies doin??? Must be swelling up now as u got less than 2 weeks left right?

G

Guest 18340

Been silently watching the progress. If I'm not mistaken swt#3 is Chimera's gfxbb, no?
I have one outside ready to come down and about 6 clones on deck.
May I ask what yours smell like?

blackone

Veteran
GFxBB is Swt 1.1 - swt#3 is backcrossed a couple of times to the SPG cut.
I checked the buds for mold on day 45 and unfortunately I found some.
I took the consequence and chopped off all heavy top-buds to be safe. Here they are - with budlets separated for faster drying:
picture.php

Room, without the colas:
picture.php

Closeup - second level nuggets also have a nice size:
picture.php

What a bummer - I caught it early and didn't lose much weight to mold but chopping at day 45 is not optimal.
Not far from done though - lots of resin and the scissor hash got me stoned as always.