What's new

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
somebody else was just complaining about those drip rings recently too . i don't remember who though , i wonder if they're just shitty rings . have you used them before ?

LostTribe

Premium user
I've Noticed a problem with my system that just won't do!!!!
When i made and tested the Irrigation System, I at that point had not drilled the center ring of dripper holes out, and my 500 gph pump was pushing a hard stream through each hydro halo, with a very close output on each Hydro Halo, Les than an ounce of difference in each Halo output.
Now they just drip out and the output is all over the place, I think getting the pressure up in the manifold quickly is a must for output, you need that back pressure. so the way i see it I can either order new Halos or i can get a bigger pump. I'll wait a day or two for you guys to give me your opinions, but i'm leaning towards a new pump probably 1200 gph danner mag drive pond master .

Hey there!

So sounds like you are trying to run a drip system. Are you on a timed cycle or just blasting away at it 24/7?

Last time I made my own drip rings I couldn't for the life of me figure out what they heck went wrong as I was getting some with great pressure and a couple that just weren't putting out any water at all....after grabbing a little giant, pretty much the dankest pump IMHO, I located the problem to new T-barb's that were not made properly as they had filled in with too much plastic. I fixed them up and the problem was fixed and I now have a gigantic pump which is way overkill but I think it will last a long time....

I suggest removing the halo drip rings and comparing the water pressure without them and check the insides of the halo's for improper manufacturing i.e. blockage.

N

noyd666

yep I bought some and only using one at the moment, works well but had to put clamp on to stop it blowing off, did not need any drilling out. small pump that travels fair distance feed 4 to 5 no problems. big pump that big not needed really, nice pump though. I buy big rubber rings cut the bastards in half and fit my fittings , makes double.

Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Hey there!

So sounds like you are trying to run a drip system. Are you on a timed cycle or just blasting away at it 24/7?

Last time I made my own drip rings I couldn't for the life of me figure out what they heck went wrong as I was getting some with great pressure and a couple that just weren't putting out any water at all....after grabbing a little giant, pretty much the dankest pump IMHO, I located the problem to new T-barb's that were not made properly as they had filled in with too much plastic. I fixed them up and the problem was fixed and I now have a gigantic pump which is way overkill but I think it will last a long time....

I suggest removing the halo drip rings and comparing the water pressure without them and check the insides of the halo's for improper manufacturing i.e. blockage.

I built and tested the system before i drilled the holes out. I placed all 6 halos in separate 5 gallon buckets, Filled the res and set the timer for 6 seconds, then i measured the contents of the bucket......... I was getting roughly 55 ounces of water per bucket with a 6 second blast, It wasn't hard enough to make a mess but the Halos all fired at once.....

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I built and tested the system before i drilled the holes out. I placed all 6 halos in separate 5 gallon buckets, Filled the res and set the timer for 6 seconds, then i measured the contents of the bucket......... I was getting roughly 55 ounces of water per bucket with a 6 second blast, It wasn't hard enough to make a mess but the Halos all fired at once.....

not busting your chops .... but it sounds like you didn't need to drill the holes & created a problem doing it .... find a way to block the drilled holes , i dunno about silicon though , that shits kinda toxic . maybe some small pan head screws .stainless steel of course lol

Bobbo4200

Veteran
My halos get clogged up some times with sediment and such, also the height has to be pretty close on the halos too I find.
I also like a slow drip feed, I just have a very small submersible pump and then I have a shut off valve the I close some to reduce the pressure coming out of the halos.
Hope that helps.
Dan, where'd you get your black dripper units? Thanks

N

noyd666

use filters for and aft, pays to, easier to clean filter's than clogged halo's.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i've got enough 3/4" PVC laying around here from building my net frames , when this round is done in flower , i might just build a manifold like hers & the ones in that video ...... :thinking:
would save me having to clean the 1/2" lines after each run from laying in the runoff !

see Aspen , you do inspire us !!! :biggrin:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
how big ? i dunno , but theres 6 holes on the bottom & they deliver a good amount of water through them .i'll get a pic later

Aspenou812

Veteran
Quick Update

Quick Update

So they have stood back up from there supercropping.... and spread out nicely. I may need to bump the feeds again before going to 1000w. Im at 1.1 EC 5.8 PH and currently the light is at 825w, Im seeing some of the same yellowing and i'm feeding them twice a day now. I haven't seen any of that light stress like i saw when i first turned up the light, and some of that damage might be light spectrum issues because i didn't break that bulb in properly.

N

noyd666

looking down at them from top they look like mine, your feed hoses the same lengths? years ago I stopped worrying about that 5.8 nonsense mine comes out at 6 and 6.4 bloody perfect if it go's a tad higher I add a bit of ph down. at 5.8 all the time was getting into trouble, ph riding up n down is better. that size mine are on 1.2 to 1.3 .

Aspenou812

Veteran
looking down at them from top they look like mine, your feed hoses the same lengths? years ago I stopped worrying about that 5.8 nonsense mine comes out at 6 and 6.4 bloody perfect if it go's a tad higher I add a bit of ph down. at 5.8 all the time was getting into trouble, ph riding up n down is better. that size mine are on 1.2 to 1.3 .

Yea i want to let them drift..... I will do that when i get my V+B I ordered on Friday. For the moment i'm vegging with MAXIGROW for me the maxi works fine for vege with a couple of amendments like epsom and vitamin and hormone boost. The issue i have with it is the PH drift is so quick it will be stable for about 10 hours then the ph drops to 4.0 every time.... so i cant let it swing down that much that fast... Keeping it at 5.8 like Dan said is taking plenty of PH up... and i haven't found another way to maintain the ph in the MAXI....When i start to use the V+B ill sit it at 5.5 and watch it slowly drift back up to around 6.4 that way they will hit every column of minerals and salts in the solution profile as the PH drifts slowly up:):)

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
they're nice & green , no need to bump the feeds . just give them some epsom salts for the magnesium . they're yellowing from a mag def not N . mix up a foliar of epsom & RO at .6 EC or .... add about .2 ec of it to your V&B feeds , but add it first so you don't go over the 1.1ec total ......cut back the base to make up for the added EC from the epsom .

what are ya using for a PH up ? try some dynagrow protekt , its silica & is better for the plants than chemical PH adjusters like GH
plus i think it will make the PH a little more steady

Aspenou812

Veteran
they're nice & green , no need to bump the feeds . just give them some epsom salts for the magnesium . they're yellowing from a mag def not N . mix up a foliar of epsom & RO at .6 EC or .... add about .2 ec of it to your V&B feeds , but add it first so you don't go over the 1.1ec total ......cut back the base to make up for the added EC from the epsom .

what are ya using for a PH up ? try some dynagrow protekt , its silica & is better for the plants than chemical PH adjusters like GH
plus i think it will make the PH a little more steady

It's already done just like :laughing: up there.... I've been thinking about the Advanced PH up/down. Yea i'm using the old stand by now GH for ph up and down. I think they get lighter and lighter in chemical compounds every year..... has to be something better..... silica could never hurt.... using it that way right, plants use it two

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah silica is great for strengthening the stems & helps resist pests .