What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Catatafish

Veteran
Man if you are using 1/2 or 3/4inch tubing....the absolute best stuff i have come across is the stuff Greentrees uses for the their ebb&flow system. Shitty part is i think they stopped selling the 1/2 though as i only see the 3/4 now. Maybe then can still special order if you call though?

EDIT: https://www.hydroponics.net/i/135398
looks like they are making it hard to find the 3/4 now too.....might need to stock up just in case.

Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Man if you are using 1/2 or 3/4inch tubing....the absolute best stuff i have come across is the stuff Greentrees uses for the their ebb&flow system. Shitty part is i think they stopped selling the 1/2 though as i only see the 3/4 now. Maybe then can still special order if you call though?

EDIT: https://www.hydroponics.net/i/135398
looks like they are making it hard to find the 3/4 now too.....might need to stock up just in case.

I like that tubing, my hydrofarm let's light in and I'll have to change that soon, so the moldy critters don't build up and mess my plants all up. Black light proof is the way to go. Going to find that tubing and I want to try to use 3/4 inch all the way to the Manifold then 1/2 to my Hydro Halos.:woohoo: that should be plenty of volume in the manifold to keep the Halos pressure up so they spray nicely.

Last edited:

Catatafish

Veteran
for the manifold i found gray colored pvc sched 80 recently (not electrical conduit, for water). Was hoping that would slow down algae growth because the white pvc definitly grows algae if it gets enough light in.

i use the greentrees for waste lines. Also from my feed pump line to the pvc manifold.

Those halo's have a 1/2 inlet on them? Seems big no?

Aspenou812

Veteran
for the manifold i found gray colored pvc sched 80 recently (not electrical conduit, for water). Was hoping that would slow down algae growth because the white pvc definitly grows algae if it gets enough light in.

i use the greentrees for waste lines. Also from my feed pump line to the pvc manifold.

Those halo's have a 1/2 inlet on them? Seems big no?

Yea they are 1/2 inch, with 1/2 inch the output is way more consistent, as far as volume each one delivers. After this run I'm thinking about painting the manifold black don't you think a few layers of black paint on that PVC should block light just fine....

LostTribe

Premium user
I like that tubing, my hydrofarm let's light in and I'll have to change that soon, so the moldy critters don't build up and mess my plants all up. Black light proof is the way to go. Going to find that tubing and I want to try to use 3/4 inch all the way to the Manifold then 1/2 to my Hydro Halos.:woohoo: that should be plenty of volume in the manifold to keep the Halos pressure up so they spray nicely.

Are you doing constant drip or timed? If you are running timed now and have problems with water mass then you need to fix that asap. What pump are you using? What is the head rating on it and how high up are your drippers?

Aspenou812

Veteran
Are you doing constant drip or timed? If you are running timed now and have problems with water mass then you need to fix that asap. What pump are you using? What is the head rating on it and how high up are your drippers?

No the irragation system is working fine now, I use a 500gph Danner Mag Drive Pondmaster pumps. The tops of the pots are about a foot off the ground. There was a kink in the hose going from the pump to the Manifold behind that panda plastic , that's what the problem was, I'll have ordered that tubing like Dan & Cat recommend to keep the kinks at bay and the light out. Currently in 10 seconds each hydro halo will push 1/4 gallon of solution :peacock:

Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
GG4.
Something to look foward too.
View Image

Bug..... that is so pretty i just cant wait..... wow i've never wanted to smoke a strain so bad... I've been anticipating this sense JW started to send out the cuts..... I cleaned up my favorite Grav Labs 19" bong and my steam roller..... they'll sit there till it's all over, there's nothing but mexican shit weed around these parts 95% of the time. I have to drive over an hour to pick up some overpriced high quality bud with questionable quality..... Yall know what i mean.... I smoke a lot of BHO because it's more available but i prefer to smoke flower, Nothing like FLOWER POWER and the taste is so much better..... fuller somehow.... with dabs i just never get that totally relaxed feeling.... yea super super high sure just not STONED......so in about 11 weeks i'll be trying what everyone has been talking about...... GG4...... and the suspense is just fuckin killing me.........DAMNIT.......OOPS POTTY MOUTH:):)

Aspenou812

Veteran
Why did you drill more holes and how? What nutes are you using?

Lost....I didn't drill more holes in my Hydro Halo... ok look at the pictures on my album (2017 kick off), on the bottom of the ring there are 3 rows of pin holes going all the way around the circle, the inside row of holes is all i altered.... the rest of the pinholes are tiny, I opened up the inside row of holes using a drill bit that was just over two times the size of the original. I was afraid that i was going to have to fight with unclogging all those tiny holes after a few weeks due to salt build up.

Aspenou812

Veteran
UPDATE

UPDATE

So here we are!!!! THREE days away from the flip.... So to hell with that, Im flipping them tomorrow.
I think they are more than ready, i have plenty of tops, the tray is full as y'all can see and they are so very healthy Im getting wicked smells off the stem rubs already and the funk stacks up quickly when i'm in the room with the fan off doing stuff....
It has to be the right time to flip, feels like there ready....

I pulled the two moms out and topped them I'll put up some pics for y'all tomorrow of then.

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
So here we are!!!! THREE days away from the flip.... So to hell with that, Im flipping them tomorrow.
I think they are more than ready, i have plenty of tops, the tray is full as y'all can see and they are so very healthy Im getting wicked smells off the stem rubs already and the funk stacks up quickly when i'm in the room with the fan off doing stuff....
It has to be the right time to flip, feels like there ready....
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1697623&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1697622&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1697621&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I pulled the two moms out and topped them I'll put up some pics for y'all tomorrow of then.

Wow looks great :tiphat: every thing is nice and clean canopy is looking great ...:dance013:..

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yup , everything looks great ! glad ya got everything worked out & it won't be long before that canopy is full of big stinky buds !!! :tiphat:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Better get some more pvc and elbows and make another screen to go above the one you already have. The explosive growth of the Glue during stretch is no joke. That or supercrop the shit out of them. I can't wait to see what it looks like come week 6 or so. I'm not far behind you with having Glue buds to smoke again.

I just flipped a batch, so we'll be harvesting about the same time. Can't friggin' wait to have some of my own flowers again. The shit around here is just that...shit. My 16 year old could grow better buds than what get's passed off around here as "exotic"(I always laugh in the native's faces when they say "exotic", it's like no mofo, this is what it's supposed to be like).

Aspenou812

Veteran
Better get some more pvc and elbows and make another screen to go above the one you already have. The explosive growth of the Glue during stretch is no joke. That or supercrop the shit out of them. I can't wait to see what it looks like come week 6 or so. I'm not far behind you with having Glue buds to smoke again.

I just flipped a batch, so we'll be harvesting about the same time. Can't friggin' wait to have some of my own flowers again. The shit around here is just that...shit. My 16 year old could grow better buds than what get's passed off around here as "exotic"(I always laugh in the native's faces when they say "exotic", it's like no mofo, this is what it's supposed to be like).

No Doubt DTOG, I have a second layer made up already.... that one is two feet tall the next will be another two feet over that. the plants are 16 inches tall now plus 8 inches of airpots. flipping tonight the next 8 days of growth will be laid towards the center, i've moved them out to the outside of the tray so i'll have some room to train them to the scrog net i just installed...

Aspenou812

Veteran
Very last look in the vege phase.......

Very last look in the vege phase.......

I moved all the plants out to the edge so i could train them twords the center of the tray and light.

My screen it very tight and pulling the PVC in and kinda warped a little, see the space i have to fill in.... Lots of holes to fill

the next 8 days of growth will be trained to the screen. keeping them short, everything but the stalks under the screen will be removed later on..... this is a lot of work i'm telling ya.....and i love every second of it

Aspenou812

Veteran
Moms doing good

Moms doing good

I should be able to take some cuts of both these mothers in about two weeks..... Just topped every top.... the GB#6 is going to be a monster i think......

and the DN is all kinds of funky....... the smell is well mouth watering......

The two mother plants per 1 gallon airpot make bushy monster moms and in the airpots they will never compete for the space of the pot, the root structure developed by the pots makes this possible....... and fuck it that's just how i like doing it...lmfao I have some really nice TrainWreck i'm smoking on at the moment.....

Last edited: