What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Aspenou812

Veteran
I would cut off most of the lowers under your net.
your light won't penetrate the canopy under there, you can eliminate larf and send energy to tops. my 2 cents.

Hey Max Welcome to my thread.... ill be getting the lowers asap, thanks for the shout out....:biggrin: post here anytime you feel like it good advice is always welcome.

Buddler

Veteran
Hi Asp. been lurking your thread very popular I would tuck em again fill all holes got another week or two of stretch to work with keep canopy even. Just my opinion good luck.B

Aspenou812

Veteran
Hi Asp. been lurking your thread very popular I would tuck em again fill all holes got another week or two of stretch to work with keep canopy even. Just my opinion good luck.B

Thanks Buddler and WELCOME to my Thread, no need to lurk here, post up anytime..... Trying to make up my mind ya know, it's hard to tell, if I lay over to much I might miss my two pound goal.... hummmm ....... If I don't lay over enough I'm all grown up into my light....... And that Gavita is really a bad ass light in my opinion ya know....

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 3 of week two flower.......

never heard it put that way lol , so your at day 10 then i assume ? if so , keep tuckin ! spread them out & even it out . you've got a minimum of another 11 to 14 days of stretch .
once you start stripping the lowers you'll weed out alot of the weaker branches poking through the net .

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
How much headroom do you have? If you can let them go and add the second trellis, I think that would be awesome. I usually tuck and tie them down aggressively. Honestly I think it hurts my yields. Some of my heaviest harvest's have been plants that filled in the trellis, then stretched up thru and filled in all the vertical space between the first trellis and the light. Big long buds that add up quick.

Could get just as much or more doing it the other way and still tucking and weaving. Letting them go up more just makes sense to me. Never taken any kind of real data. Just going by what I remember. Wicked stoned right now too. 3 canna caps within 2 hours, haha!

Edit: forgot to mention about the lowers. When you do it, the next day you should be able to notice the growth of the tops. I can see it just about every time. Just one of those things that amazing me about the plant itself.

Hi Aspen been enjoying the show.

Just watch out for the heat of that Gavita. It is one" bad ass light" and it can be a double edged sword. You don't want to end up frying your colas if they get too close to that light. I'd maintain at least a 2 foot distance between canopy and Gavita I've seen heat stress over and over again with Gavitas used in limited overhead space. I say lay them down and they will continue to reach towards the light. The main colas will build and stack themselves and find their way through the trellising. And yes a double trellis is not a bad idea either as it gives extra support but you may not need to add that until another week or two. All the best!

jaype

Hey Aspen you could pull some of those branches out to the net that isn't full so that they are not sticking out as high and that way some of the lower branches will come through and the tops have more room to stretch. Good looking grow.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
shave those legs girl, no reason to spend stretching energy on popcorn

i cleaned mine twice really aggressively, once at day 5 and again at day 15 ish. the glue really responds well to a good lolly

Catatafish

Veteran
The funny thing i noticed with the gavita's heat.....seems to be more off to the side than directly under the center. I get about a 5 degree difference. I think the adjusta-wings are similar although ive never used one.

I wonder how the different reflectors affect this?

Aspenou812

Veteran
Ok Ok its about time for some pictures, Ill take before and after for yall, but be warned my before picture is messed up, I started to lay the front section down already but that really shows the stretch........ Ill post up a few pictures in a little bit.... there are very very few holes that dont have branches in them!!!!!! there are 225 holes in my scrog total!!!!! very few empty holes...... yall can count them...

Aspenou812

Veteran
don't clip after flip

get the next screen ready, you're gonna need it.

Hiya PT,
welcome and thanks for posting up..... feel free to comment and post here anytime...... Im just supercropping this GLUE so that i can manage the height under my light, i use vine clips to hold the stems to the trellis.....:tiphat:

now they are all laid over..... it's just about time to let the go do there thing...... so far i have used my scrog to eliminate 3 feet of vertical growth total veg and flower..... otherwise they would be over 5 foot tall right now and my ceilings are 9 foot

Aspenou812

Veteran
Thought i would throw this out there i'm not sure why mt stems have roots.....

If you look closely at the pots you can see all the root tips sticking through the holes....

Aspenou812

Veteran
I think you're ready. You made us wait long enough.

i think so now...

I just did that...

A lot of guys use a second trellis. Lots of variables to consider fo sure .B

already have one made up ill put it in place in soon......

How much headroom do you have? If you can let them go and add the second trellis, I think that would be awesome. I usually tuck and tie them down aggressively. Honestly I think it hurts my yields. Some of my heaviest harvest's have been plants that filled in the trellis, then stretched up thru and filled in all the vertical space between the first trellis and the light. Big long buds that add up quick.

Could get just as much or more doing it the other way and still tucking and weaving. Letting them go up more just makes sense to me. Never taken any kind of real data. Just going by what I remember. Wicked stoned right now too. 3 canna caps within 2 hours, haha!

Edit: forgot to mention about the lowers. When you do it, the next day you should be able to notice the growth of the tops. I can see it just about every time. Just one of those things that amazing me about the plant itself.

just for you DTOG

Hi Aspen been enjoying the show.

Just watch out for the heat of that Gavita. It is one" bad ass light" and it can be a double edged sword. You don't want to end up frying your colas if they get too close to that light. I'd maintain at least a 2 foot distance between canopy and Gavita I've seen heat stress over and over again with Gavitas used in limited overhead space. I say lay them down and they will continue to reach towards the light. The main colas will build and stack themselves and find their way through the trellising. And yes a double trellis is not a bad idea either as it gives extra support but you may not need to add that until another week or two. All the best!

Great post Thanks....

Hey Aspen you could pull some of those branches out to the net that isn't full so that they are not sticking out as high and that way some of the lower branches will come through and the tops have more room to stretch. Good looking grow.

Its full now... lol

shave those legs girl, no reason to spend stretching energy on popcorn

i cleaned mine twice really aggressively, once at day 5 and again at day 15 ish. the glue really responds well to a good lolly

hehehehe Shave those legs..... Nameless i read that and busted out laughing..... to funny..... working on that:huggg::tiphat:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Photo Dump hehehe

Photo Dump hehehe

all that up there is before the super crop......

here is the after shots.... ENJOY.... and can we give a sister some stars....

Aspenou812

Veteran

all done the light cought me last night so i had to finish today... have a GREAT and SUPER HIGH night everyone....

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
your going to have fun clearing under that net !!! i set mine at 36" & hate it ! yours is at what ? a foot lol

looking fantastic Aspen !!! :tiphat: