What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

a too big closet tree - the tree hugger

Swimmer

Your going to loose a huge amount of yield from that overgrown situation. The plant is wasting alot of light by crowding itself against the sides. The crowding will preclude light from reflecting off the sides of the room. Yes I know that you have all those flouros set up in an attempt to side light, but really, they won't help nearly as much as if the main HPS could side reflect. Also, as the plant crowds itself and therfore becomes more dense, there will be less light penetration into the plant from above. Bottom line; You'll get more/better quality bud by removing the flouros (making more room) and growing the plant a little smaller.

a

Last edited:

Bermyboy

Swimmer said:
Your going to loose a huge amount of yield from that overgrown situation. The plant is wasting alot of light by crowding itself against the sides. The crowding will preclude light from reflecting off the sides of the room. Yes I know that you have all those flouros set up in an attempt to side light, but really, they won't help nearly as much as if the main HPS could side reflect. Also, as the plant crowds itself and therfore becomes more dense, there will be less light penetration into the plant from above. Bottom line; You'll get more/better quality bud by removing the flouros (making more room) and growing the plant a little smaller.
a

Swimmer, did you not read the whole thread?

foaf

Veteran
Swimmer said:
a

there is a month to go.

and also, the photographed side is in the dark, I lower a reflective shade, and that side that you see, one of the "3 foot" sides, is right up against it, the two "4 foot" sides and the far side are much different looking but impossible to photograph.

You're right, there are a lot of smaller buds with this grow technique. I do think its overgrown some compared to what I would like, the farside has much more room. Ive got some ideas for next grow to use some funky training trick that I havent thought up yet. I've got plans for the multiple smaller buds from this dark side, the lowest branches, and deep in the plant. Have you ever seen my closed butane hash oil making system?? :yoinks: As far as more yeild some other way, Im sure that there are many ways to get 2-3 lbs out of a 3x4 space, but this is my way, and Im still working out the kinks.

edited to be less annoying, sorry.

Last edited:

gregor_mendel

Hi FOAF
Please, please start a thread on that closed butane hash oil rig. I've dreamt of something similar with a CO2 bottle, but my only experience is using Rosignol butane. (outside at about 20 degrees F)

GM

foaf

Veteran
Hi Bluntitup-

No, I deliberately placed the plant off center in the space, the trunk is almost against the wall you access through and photograph, so I did a lot of generalized pruning to any branches that grew in that direction. Otherwise I have only pruned a fan leaf hear and there if its is using up more than its share of space against the cool tubes. KBS users who have the full 5x5 or more, dont usually prune at all and get amazing results.

gregor- Ill post my extraction run with the part of this plant I extract when I do it, and if its ok with the site mods. Its a controversial system cause people imagine all sorts of dangers involved with a large volume closed butane system, most not valid, but some are.

Last edited:

SinnerCity

Heya there Foaf :wave:
Thanks for bringing this kick ass grow over here, it was one of my favorites to watch over at OG and that plant sure is lookin sweet! :yummy:
good luck and best regards
SC

foaf

Veteran
8 weeks into flower. yesterday she ate more nutes than any 24 hour period yet, the equivalent of 30 cc of flora nova bloom, I top with ro so the ppm change corellates with nutrient useage, I cant monitor water useage easily.

still hard to get a picture of this thing, but its a lot of bud, I dont really know, surley 2+ lbs.

so... probably 2 weeks to go, do I flush, continue high p/k feedings, I never know what to do at this stage??

BluntItUp

WOW talk about overgrowin your space lol! I wouldnt mind being in your place :) Looks great man cant wait to see the dry nugs/

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
Foaf is the Fucking Man!!! Damn dude, thats awsome. I think trees are in order for blunt_69 next round.

I would love to see some information on your closed butane system.If it is to much heat for this site email me(i will PM you). I have a butane tube made that works fairly good, but your system is the cats ass!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts