What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"the high-pod"

bump.... this is what the plant sees....
i put a larger clone in the pod and it looks like it is having some difficulty adjusting to the multidirectional light....

so some pretty vigorous side branching has started on the clone, and also something interesting. I have been running this clone for a couple runs now and have never seen any hints of reds or purples, and in fact the clone was solid green when i put it in the pod.....maybe it is getting light shocked? will be curious to see if the red continues through the plants life...

DHarvester

I LOVE trash can grows!!! My first grow "box" was a trash can. By the time I was finished tweaking out on it, it looked like freakin R2D2! LOL! Props man, for bringing back the nostalgia! Sometimes, its not about how awesome it is. Sometimes, its about how far you can stretch your imagination! Keep up the good work and lets see how she comes out!

D.

just a couple photo updates.....it appears that the plant grows into a sphere shape under these conditions with very short internodes.....the stem is very very thick for such a short plant....

T

TheOneWill

That is fucking bad ass. Looks like you gonna be getting some large buds off that grow.

minigreens

this is such a sweet pic. looks like something in a sci fi movie :rasta:
44441lights5.JPG

this thing is cranking!!! stem as big as my index finger and the plant is solidly filling all area....cut back some shade leaves for all the new branches....branches are THICK! i think im gonna throw it into flower tomorrow because i only have about 10" for the stretch up top, but with no heat on the inside i think i can pack it to the top....should be interesting to see the yield on this thing

i was just searching around looking at other 360 grow designs....i think this is the only one i have seen that optimizes the potential of a single plant....i will be very interested to see what my watt/gram/day will be....light penetrates to the trunk.....designs that utilize one or a few point source lighting solutions (metal halides and the like) grow plants in a very 2 dimensional space.....with multiple light sources (and stretched by CFL's) the light is coming from all directions lighting a three dimensional space continually as the plant grows, this is why the plant grows as a sphere with all potential branching sites utilized equally and fully....sure is fun watching it grow...

guineapig

Veteran
Awesome vegging!!!!! :jump: :woohoo:

Is there any chance of some pistils getting slightly burned when you start to flower?
That's why the design i showed you had chicken wire.....to prevent the flowers from coming into direct contact with the light source......if your high-output fluorescents are cool to the touch, the chicken wire obviously isn't necessary.......

Pulling up a chair on this one for sure......:lurk:

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts