What's new

Microgrowin' with Panop...

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dr Herbivore said:
Im planning on doing a scrog, but my stem is way too thick to properly lst, so i think putting it semi-bend over under the screen would do it much better. any info would be great!

Have you tried reading about supercropping? Might be better for your situation.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Sammet's got a good point...

Supercropping is very useful if you want to keep a plant's canopy low and even. I supercropped my Bubbleicious twice because it's part sativa, and my 150w HPS won't hit all of the budsites if the canopy is too tall.

If you aren't familiar with the concept: choose a budsite close to the top to middle of the plant (if you go too far down into the more mature branches, they'll likely snap or break off), grab the stem underneath the chosen budsite between your thumb and finger, then firmly push and roll the stem until you feel the material inside start to break down. However, be careful not to damage the exterior of the stem, as that'll be the only thing holding the budsite on.

The branch should bend and lean to the side, and after a few days to a week, you'll notice new growth at the budsite. The stem will be permanently bent, effectively lowering the plant's total height.

As an added plus, the healing phase of supercropping will boost the size of the bud directly above it, due to the extra nutrients the plant is pulling towards that general area...

I am familiar with super cropping, but after i do the "mushing" of the stem, and it is bent...where does the new growth protrude from? Like when you top, the mini bud sites closest to the area you cut take over the role of the stem and make a Y, but what is the result with this? do they come out of the mushed area or from the tops? thanks for the help, my main stem is very very thick, about the size of a 9mm casing.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Dr Herbivore said:
I am familiar with super cropping, but after i do the "mushing" of the stem, and it is bent...where does the new growth protrude from? do they come out of the mushed area or from the tops?
They continue growing from the top. I haven't had any new growth emanate from the damaged area, the plant just continues to grow normally, albeit with a 90° bend at one point in the stem...

Dr Herbivore said:
thanks for the help, my main stem is very very thick, about the size of a 9mm casing.
There's no training something that thick/old...

E

Empathy

Nice dude! Im gonna try do a 250w Cooltube in 31"h x 18"d x 24"w hope it works if not down sizeing to fluros. Only trying the 250w because i have one accessable. It dosnt leave me much room but i think i can make it work.

Emps

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Veg Cab...

You may have noticed that I am one plant short...
I had an emergency that forced me to leave town for a few days. The NLxWR had been fed/watered recently, but the Hashberry was overdue. By the time I came home, she was mad wilted. I immediately watered her, but only a few branches returned to life, while the rest dried up and died off. I cut my losses, salvaged the healthy branches, and tossed the rest of the plant. Shame on me, but the situation couldn't have been avoided.

Here are my clones, four Hashberries and one NLxWR...

They're 3-4 days into cloning, so only a few more to go and I'll start checking for roots...

NLxWR @ week 17 veg...

I'm going to transplant her into a larger pot later in the week, so she'll thicken up in preparation for flower.

Bubbleicious @ week 4.5 flower...

And some more budshots...

G

I see some 'snow' is starting to form... :headbange

Also some lower leaves look burnt? Be carefull :)
I'll watch this through

:wave:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear you lost a plant mate, at least you got some cuttings from it.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Prksy said:
Also some lower leaves look burnt?
Yeah, they've been that way for a few weeks now...
On the first feeding of it's flowering stage, I didn't mix enough nutes to satisfy the Bub, so it started sacrificing some lower foilage. Once I noticed it, I went back, fed at a higher concentration, and the problem stopped.

All the newer growth is a nice healthy green, so everything seems to be going well now...

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Ahh no worries the Hashberry genes are still around. That Bub is looking really nice in the flower cab :joint:

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Empathy said:
Indeed...

Veg Cab...

Clones...

The NLxWR clone on the left has rooted and was transplanted directly after having it's photo taken. The two HB's on the right are showing nubs that will lengthen to decent sized roots within the next day or two. I have two more HB's rooting just in case something happens to these two, but I doubt I'll need 'em.

NL x WR @ week 18 veg...

Bubbleicious @ week 5.5 flower...

She's about 17 inches (42 cm) in diameter, the colas are 5 inches (13 cm) tall, and I counted around 30 tops this afternoon. She's also starting to get fat and frosty, as you can see in the pics below...

And some budshots for my fellow ICmaggers...

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A succinct update as usual panop - looking very good mate, I love the cola shots at the bottom. :smoke:

THat bubbleicious looks awesome trained at such a nice canopy level like that. Most people that grow it let it get into one large cola, you have many so it shows how well youve dialed in your setup and LST methods, regarless of strain. Cant wait to see the finished product.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Good news about those clones having rooted already. That NLxWR looks great and that Bub even better. Going to try using any bloom enhancers this run? I've had nothing but awesome results with high P bat guanos :joint:

-Funk