What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aeroponic PC case scrog

Elephunk

Looking awesome Aero. I really can't wait to see the end results.

I decided with my own double case set up to go with 4 80w pl-ls instead of the 6 55w. Mainly because I can use these really nice reflectors someone here posted a link to. I'm hoping those reflectors alone will make up the difference of a little less watts/ lumen. I do have a question though... How did you light proof your door panel? I pretty much caulked up the entire thing and its all light proof/air tight except the door panel.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks teerull, D.I. trY, UniXx, Cheesebuds, for the kind words.

Cork144, thanks for the info, I got a little more space between the large colas now I'll post some updates soon.

Lord Doobie, LOL yes, something doesn't jive there. All I can say is that I'm sure I'm over 7000 lumens and no apparent need for Co2. The plants look healthy to me and if things get ugly I'll strap my 20# Co2 bottle to the case and let her rip. I say get as much light in there as you can keep cool.

Elephunk, To seal the side panel, I used black RTV silicon. Put a thin layer of vaseline all the way around the door, seal the case with silicon, slide the door in and let it dry. When you remove the door panel, the silicon will stay on the case around the door and create a seal when the door is in place. Got that tip from someone on this forum, might have been Mr. Micro (not sure) but it works very well.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
I was able to move the res up 3 inches to get the buds closer to the lights. This has caused it to be difficult to get decent pictures as the light freaks out the camera and it won't focus very well.

Here is a shot right before the lights turned on this morning:

picture.php

Lights on:

picture.php

Some pictures from under the screen:

picture.php

picture.php

Some buds:

picture.php

picture.php

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks guanito and Westcrazy1, the temps are holding steady 75 - 78 F never been into the 80's yet, all is good. The res temps could be improved a little (might add a small radiator and fan for the next grow) they run 66- 68F night and 72-74F day (lights on) I make up for the slightly high temps by blasting it with a 7 watt air pump and 48" of bubble wands.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks Cheesebuds, They have finished stretching and I have 3 more inches to drop the res and screen down if needed. I think I'm gonna make it in in this tiny space after all, we'll see how she yields.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks Labtec, This is day 31 since I flipped 12/12, I'm guessing 35 more days but I haven't grown this strain before so give or take.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks for stopping by Expert, Hope you are right about the screen of spears.

I can't stop taking pics of them, getting exciting!!

Here's day 33 of flower:

picture.php

picture.php

Here is a couple shots using the flash to show the frost a little better:

picture.php

picture.php

G

guest 77721

mmm.... tasty frosty buds...

Lookin' mighty fine. Those PLL's give a lot more headroom that what I've seen with CFL's in the PC cases.

Mr Micro would like this case alot!!!