What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aeroponic PC case scrog

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Elephunk, nice to have you along for the ride, let's see what we can get out of these cases and PL-L's. I like your idea for the dual case grow, I have always wanted to try a perpetual hydro setup but can't figure out how to keep the dead roots out of the res. I'm sure a flood and drain or drip system could solve this but how to do it in aero...?
I think scrog will yield more on this small of a scale with fluoro lighting and a sog would probably yield more on a large scale with lots of HID's. The only thing I don't like about scrog is the extra veg time, I'm not used to vegging more than a few days.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Here's another 24 hour update:

picture.php

Mattie420

I think this is my first post, been a lurker since OG went down years ago.

Just wanted to say you have a really nice setup there. I tried using a pc case years ago but didn't have much success, they quickly outgrew it due to my lack of knowledge in training at the time.

Good luck though, looks like your off to a great start, and you've given me ideas. :headbange:D

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thought I would add a couple pictures to keep things moving.

Here is a pic of the branching on the best performing clone basking in the PL-L's (no flash), the others are catching up quickly.

picture.php

I was goofing around with the camera and got this cool pic looking up through the screen.

picture.php

Kizzattack

They're starting to get fairly big now.

Two questions:

When are they going into flower?

And could you provide some more information about the aeroponics system? (e.g. what instructions you followed, or how you made the aeroponics system)

I think micro aeroponics may be the way forward, at least for me. Originally I was planning on using soil for my PC grow. But an aero system like this would take up a lot less space and allow for more growth height in a small PC case.

Edit: Ignore my second question. I looked everywhere except the start of the thread!:biglaugh:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
The first question is the same question I have been asking myself, When to flower? They have really taken off after upping the nutes to full strength and I'm trying to predict the stretch of the first 14 days flower. I think I should flip them soon possibly monday.
I am going to tuck them all under the screen tonight and see how full it is.

As far as question #2, If this grow works out well, I am going to build another micro aero system. I'll start a thread and document the build with pics along the way.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Time for another days growth update:

picture.php

Looks like I should flip 12/12 soon, not sure this is my first scrog. Any opinions? Otherwise I will flip them Sunday..

C

cork144

yep another day or 2 and id do the switch, continue to tie down for 2 weeks after the flip, then watch the buds grow:joint:

what i learnt from my micro scrog was, make nice select tops come up from the screen, with cfls, youll want to make sure each top will have some space to get some nice light in, i crammed too many tops into a small space with a 70watt hps, and ended up with some inch long colas, where as the ones that had space were about 6 inches long.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
igrowwithmatches, Yes there is a concern about the roots clogging the system but I think the 4 X 2" drains will be enough. Here is a shot of one of the empty holes over the drain:

picture.php

And here is some more root shots:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is another shot of the plants, my camera is trippin on the lighting, they aren't really that yellow:

picture.php

Gonna tuck them under the screen and flip them 12/12 this weekend!!

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Cork144, thanks for the info regarding the flip and the bud spacing in the screen, That's what I was looking for. When I tuck them under the screen tonight I'll try to place them as you suggested..

Budweaver

Elegent and well grown. I might have to try a scrog one of these days instead of lst-ing the plants to the pot like I've been doing...wonder if it would be more efficient.

fat-rob

Hey aerohead, ive been lurking your thread along time now, along with other threads of inspiring pc grows. Awesome job, far beyond my abilities. I must say, extremely impressive. Ive gutted out a 16.5 H 17.5 L 7" W case and am setting it up, ive got a 4 pack of fem. seeds ice to grow, soil, dr bud style, anyway, you said you had a plan to install a blower to an activated carbon can behind a pc case, however its not stealthy, wondering if you had more information on this, as im very interested.

Given the small dimensions of my pc case, It would help a whole damn lot to install a scrubber to the outside than the inside, and stealth isnt my #1 concern, for me itd be smell. It would help me out alot if you had a plan. If i had the space, i would most definitely use sugabear's scrubber tec for sure.

Back in the og days i bought a 24" high server pc off newegg and drilled', gutted it out, painted the insides white. Was a great setup, however, after a few months i had alot of trouble getting the side panels on and off, and eventually could not fit them on at all, the structure of the case had apparently gone to shit, which led me to conclude that the inside's that i drilled out played a big part in supporting the case, perhaps it was a cheaper case though.

Anyway this case i have now is flimsy but im extra careful with it and found its just fine with the guts out of it. Once i get a camera i shall start a thread, this is arguably the best pc grow on icmag, Most defiitely in the top 2-3 :wink:

Any help appreciated man, keep up the awesome, top notch work.

grow1620

nice setup...probly one of the nicest looking pc setups i've seen.

I love the scrog screen,it's perfect. Where in Target did you find it? I spent half and hour in there and couldn't find one.. thanks in advance.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks for al the kind replys!

Fat-rob, I'll try to get some pics of that scrubber I was talking about soon. I loaned my digi cam to a friend and he is a little tardy returning it. I have also had troubles with cases that are gutted being flimbsy. A pop rivet gun and some tin snips can be your best friend on PC case builds. I made some angel brackets and pop riveted them in the corners and the case is quite strong now. Thanks again for the encouragement!!

Grow1620, I found that screen in the area that has closet organizers and shelving. It is called a stackable organizer (had a picture of tools stored on the package) so it might be by the tool section as all Targets are slightly different. I am going to try to go buy a few more as they are a perfect size for these cases.

Now for the update: I changed the res again to a bloom mix and flipped them on 12/12 as of last night. They are growing like mad, I think I should have flipped them a little sooner as the screen is nearly full already. I guess I have the option of removing a plant or two, we will see how the next 2 weeks go. PH is remaining very stable and they are drinking almost 1/2 gal water per day!! so it's proving to be a busy system. I should have my camera back tonight and I'll snap some pics of them bent under the screen.

Latest posts

Latest posts