What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Room, New Grow Style, New Genetics, New Nutrients a.k.a. Karma OG Test Grow.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So yeah, the heat pump works in the cold. With the low-abmient kit the unit is rated to work down to 4 degrees. Yesterday when I went out in the morning it was -10 outside, the storage area of the barn was down to 30 and this room was 67 so yep, it was working. This was with lights out and no dehuey running.

My big room I don't use the heat pump, the Santa Fe keeps the room at least 68 regardless of outside temps.

Thank You Thank You .... both of you :tiphat:

i've got your unit linked for later , it sounds like its perfect for what i want to do !!! & yes i'll remember the low-ambient kit , gonna need it here , even inside if its unheated .

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Yep, I'm loving it so far. Do you do equal parts by volume(1/.67) or equal parts by weight? I've seen folks do both, I've been trying the 1/.67 that Jacks instructs.

i do it by weight and its not t ofar off from doing equal parts by volume.

this is the recipe but i use it at 72%. to get 1.2 e.c.

so where they use 3 grams i use 2.1

jacks 3-2-1 with epsom recipe.

to one gallon of water add

3 grams jacks professional hydroponic 5-12-26

2 (1.8 actually) grams calcium nitrate.

1 gram of epsom salt.

321 easy

there is a catch.

4add the jacks first then the epsom and then finally add the calnit so as to not make the epsom and cal/nit fall out in the form of gypsum.

i buy my yaraliva calnit from the feed store and the jacks unfortunately from the internet because you cant buy it locally. sucks. doubles the price because of shipping.
and epsom from the drug store.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Yeah I saw the instructions that came with it call for the 1.0/0.67. I just made a fresh barrel two days ago and did 3/8th tsp per gallon of each. For 40 gallons it came to 5 tbsp each. When added it got me to 400 ppm with the hydro a and an additional 270 with the cal nit, perfect!
It does bring my res to like 4.8-4.9 ph so a bit of protekt was needed to get back within range.

thewhitelotus

Veteran
I make a stock solution with both my Jack and CalNit.....hell i even made a stock solution of the MKP (Mono potassium phosphate). From there its simply 10ml/gal of both the jacks first then the calnit. I only add the MKP twice during week 5. Usually the second day and 5th day.....its a 0-52-34 NPK.

When I mix up my MKP feed (i use 5 gallons at a time) I use
50ml Jacks
cut the CalNit to 25ml
25ml of MKP.
PH accordingly

Whereas more normal feed is (again this is per 5gallon bucket)
50ml Jacks
50ml CalNit
PH accordingly.

I have all the ratios for making stock solutions if you guys are interested. Makes life a little easier when mixing up feed. All my numbers came from Ichabod_Crane so credit must be given to him!

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I make a stock solution with both my Jack and CalNit.....hell i even made a stock solution of the MKP (Mono potassium phosphate). From there its simply 10ml/gal of both the jacks first then the calnit. I only add the MKP twice during week 5. Usually the second day and 5th day.....its a 0-52-34 NPK.

When I mix up my MKP feed (i use 5 gallons at a time) I use
50ml Jacks
cut the CalNit to 25ml
25ml of MKP.
PH accordingly

Whereas more normal feed is (again this is per 5gallon bucket)
50ml Jacks
50ml CalNit
PH accordingly.

I have all the ratios for making stock solutions if you guys are interested. Makes life a little easier when mixing up feed. All my numbers came from Ichabod_Crane so credit must be given to him!

Hit me with the MPK stock numbers please...

Pics from yesterday, day 15.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You just ruined my morning with that beach shot. Its freakin 7 degrees here!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I really really love that room!!! So simple, yet elegant!! Those mater cages look like they were made for karma's og, lol.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks much better this round 3rd :tiphat:

& the Jamaica pic ...... :moon:

i'll bet it sux being back home in the negative temps again huh brutha :nanana:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
You just ruined my morning with that beach shot. Its freakin 7 degrees here!

Haha, we're not doing much better over here lately. -21 yesterday when I got up. Into a heat wave at 25 today.

I really really love that room!!! So simple, yet elegant!! Those mater cages look like they were made for karma's og, lol.

Thanks man, I'm loving this room as well, it will help give me ideas and feedback I can put to use in my main room.

looks much better this round 3rd :tiphat:

& the Jamaica pic ...... :moon:

i'll bet it sux being back home in the negative temps again huh brutha :nanana:

Yep, much more manageable this time around. Going to get in there tonight and clean up the bottoms, maybe put a box fan blowing thru between the buckets.

One problem with this room is the it uses an outside wall and it's got constant condensation from about 8 inches down from the cold outside air hitting the warm inside air. Actually had ice in there the other morning even though it was 70 degrees ambient. Even my main flower room shares two walls with the outside but it never gets this bad. If I build again I will leave a couple feet of buffer between the barn wall and the room wall and not share again.

Temps outside don't get me down much, it's the snow I hate and it's been mild in that regard. I know of a nice room that stays around 88 degrees year round:biggrin:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Hey hey, finally getting somewhere with these. Seems like I've been flowering these girls for months lol.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The girls in the last two pics is a reeker. Smells like really bad body odor with a hint of fruit in there as well. Got in there today(day 21)to clean up their under carriage and every time I brushed against her it filled the air with putrid goodness.

nickman

Veteran
Looking nice and healthy 3rd... Mine are at about 3 weeks veging... They have been so so slow growing... It's a mixture between the cold weather and some shitty soil I used ... The biggest karma og I have is about 4 inches tall... They all transplanted now and in some ocean forest soil now... I really hope they kick into high geàr soon... Seems like I'll b set back about a month now cause of how slow things have been... I'll keep checking in on ya...

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Hey hey, finally getting somewhere with these. Seems like I've been flowering these girls for months lol.

View Image

View Image

View Image

The girls in the last two pics is a reeker. Smells like really bad body odor with a hint of fruit in there as well. Got in there today(day 21)to clean up their under carriage and every time I brushed against her it filled the air with putrid goodness.

looking dialed. nice healthy looking growth. figured out her finicky side eh?
no deficiency there.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words all.

nickman I hope yours come around, hopefully the transfer to some new soil will do the trick.

As far as these ladies go the simple Jacks/Calnit seems to be working just fine. Haven't needed to add anything other than ph up. I've been using 0.5ml's per gallon of Protekt for that and it stays around 5.8-6.0 doesn't seem to drift much at all.

Well today is day 24 and I got some pics to throw up here. The bottoms have been cleaned up a bit since the last pics.

picture.php

Seems the height should not be a problem this time around(pats himself on back for conducting proper headroom stress test)

picture.php

We gettin there! We gots buddage.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Been changing out the rez about every 10 days. Even doing that I'm using less water than I do with my dtw main room. As cheap as the Jacks is I could see changing it out every week no problem. I've been filling 40 gallons and they have been drinking about 20 of it in that 10 days although I expect they will start drinking a bit more in the coming weeks.

Alright, till next time...

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to see this crankin back up. Probably gonna toss the two females I got into flower soon. Not looking like a good scrog plant atm. Maybe I'll toss up a pic or two. Btw I found a de geo tagging app for my phone that removes the geo tag from your pics