What's new

Alien Rift & GG4 in RDWC under PLC LED...

negative37dBA

Veteran
Yeah but I'm not sure he has enough colas :dance013: jk

Haha. But for reals there are really to many. There are to crowded and the size has been hurt a little this run. There are more heads than trellis squares on this one...the next round I am shooting for every other square filled. Give them some room to bulk up and less trimming for me. I am running a 4 plant Glue monocrop again next run. Glue is super easy to trim though. Just yank some fans and the little leaves are so covered..why bother even removing them.
Some of the biggest calyxes I have seen on this run, they are really swelling up! I will try to get some close up shots this evening.
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. We have gotten to the end of week 8 here, day 56! Changed out my rez this am to half strength nutes, so about .8 ec. They are still taking up lots of water, about 3 gallons a day. Slowly start to yellow them. Senescence has started. Watching the trichs closely for changes. Looking for a good chunk of amber trichs this run. I would expect them to go 10 to 11 weeks. Really going smooth no drama. Very happy with the undercurrent system and my DIY LED light.
About the light. As I said in a earlier post I had contacted PLC to ask about some replacement boards for 2 I broke. As I expected I have not even gotten a response from them. I had hoped they would actually talk to me but no of course not. It will be the last time I ever mention their name in a post. I am just so disappointed constantly at companies now days....they got no care. I have done a lot to promote their boards and they can't even respond to a a email...wow.
So all, sorry to say this will be my last diary here. I really feel like the site is dying. So little new subjects and very few people posting. I have asked a number of questions in my thread and literally one person has given me suggestions. Not much discussion or real debate about anything. No new ideas. Just really kind of boring...sorry to say. Seed companies making a big deal about giving away 6 seeds of fems and autos. People are only in it for the money and the soul has gone out of the hobby. I hope the site continues and grows. It is hard for me because I do not post anywhere else..no where. This place is my only connection to the canna world and its tough to see it go downhill.
Hope the couple people following this thread are doing well and continue to have good luck with the grows.
1 thing I am happy with is the gg4 from seed I have looks very nice and frosty. A good representation of the line. Good to know I have backups to go to if I lose the clone version somehow.
A couple shots at day 56. This is the one from seed. Looking juicy!
fetch?photoid=17906435.jpg

Close up of gg4 from clone flower day 56. The trichs on the glue are so sexy!
fetch?photoid=17906436.jpg

See you at end week 9.
Have a good one all. Peace, negative.

JustGrowing420

Did the PLC come with warranty? even if not an answer is the least they could do.
Sucks about these companies (equipment/led) but what to expect from people just cashing in?
Marketing gets more and more disgusting and companies have no remorse not even contacting their customers.

Also, it's a pity about the forum. And now in the summer even more deserted. but that's to be expected.
As for the answers, better to get a helpful one than a 100 unrelated, I get what you are saying though.

I for one am not really experienced to start interesting new topics but even from my view, there are not enough to follow so I can learn more.
Other than that most things has been said and done, and are already written in the forum, it will take some extreme innovation for something to be really interesting and new.
I personally see it more as documenting different varieties now.

One last, is the one from seed you are running from GG strains? sorry if you mentioned already.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Did the PLC come with warranty? even if not an answer is the least they could do.
Sucks about these companies (equipment/led) but what to expect from people just cashing in?
Marketing gets more and more disgusting and companies have no remorse not even contacting their customers.

Also, it's a pity about the forum. And now in the summer even more deserted. but that's to be expected.
As for the answers, better to get a helpful one than a 100 unrelated, I get what you are saying though.

I for one am not really experienced to start interesting new topics but even from my view, there are not enough to follow so I can learn more.
Other than that most things has been said and done, and are already written in the forum, it will take some extreme innovation for something to be really interesting and new.
I personally see it more as documenting different varieties now.

One last, is the one from seed you are running from GG strains? sorry if you mentioned already.

Hi there JustGrowing420. Glad to see you here! About the LED company...as I said I am not saying their name again...haha. No warranty comes with the boards. They are a diy specialty company. They have built complete lights in the past but not with photo boost strips. If it did come with a warranty I told them it was completely my fault and it probably would not have covered it. As you said, at least a email saying no thanks we are to big now would have been better than ZERO FUCKING response. Its like once they have your money you do not exist anymore...
The gg4 from seed I have is from me. I accidently made a bunch of seeds on a run a couple years back..haha. I had a gg4 clone totally go seed wild on me in flower. It must have been a light leak but not sure. Every bud was seeded to heck, some a bit more than others but you had to run all of it through a grinder then pull the seeds out to smoke it. I kept them all and this is the first one I have grown out. I was not happy with the rate of growth though and killed all of its clones...haha again. Oh well, have tons of other seeds to go through from that one plant. I am pretty sure they are going to be similar.
Off to smoke some bong rips. Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

DiverDave

Hi all. We have gotten to the end of week 8 here, day 56! Changed out my rez this am to half strength nutes, so about .8 ec. They are still taking up lots of water, about 3 gallons a day. Slowly start to yellow them. Senescence has started. Watching the trichs closely for changes. Looking for a good chunk of amber trichs this run. I would expect them to go 10 to 11 weeks. Really going smooth no drama. Very happy with the undercurrent system and my DIY LED light.
About the light. As I said in a earlier post I had contacted PLC to ask about some replacement boards for 2 I broke. As I expected I have not even gotten a response from them. I had hoped they would actually talk to me but no of course not. It will be the last time I ever mention their name in a post. I am just so disappointed constantly at companies now days....they got no care. I have done a lot to promote their boards and they can't even respond to a a email...wow.
So all, sorry to say this will be my last diary here. I really feel like the site is dying. So little new subjects and very few people posting. I have asked a number of questions in my thread and literally one person has given me suggestions. Not much discussion or real debate about anything. No new ideas. Just really kind of boring...sorry to say. Seed companies making a big deal about giving away 6 seeds of fems and autos. People are only in it for the money and the soul has gone out of the hobby. I hope the site continues and grows. It is hard for me because I do not post anywhere else..no where. This place is my only connection to the canna world and its tough to see it go downhill.
Hope the couple people following this thread are doing well and continue to have good luck with the grows.
1 thing I am happy with is the gg4 from seed I have looks very nice and frosty. A good representation of the line. Good to know I have backups to go to if I lose the clone version somehow.
A couple shots at day 56. This is the one from seed. Looking juicy!

Close up of gg4 from clone flower day 56. The trichs on the glue are so sexy!

See you at end week 9.
Have a good one all. Peace, negative.

Over the last year of forum changes, I have kept a diary or two, an ideas thread & followed many things of interest & ideas.
Summer things slow down as well as others going back to work or something.

I have sat quietly lurking .. watch your grow, I have nothing to add. Although I have thought about your undercurrent system.
and automation.

Much love

DD

:plant grow:

JustGrowing420

From a DIY focused company sucks even more.

Yeah lots of lurkers too, used to be one for many years before deciding to join. It doesn't mean that I did not appreciate what I saw and read.
A comment here and there and help with questions is always nice but the latter also depends on the nature and complexity of question. More advanced problems will get less replies because of less people with the knowledge to help.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks for the comments DiverDave. Thanks for watching and following along. Have nothing but great things to say about the undercurrent system. Very solid and stable. Easy to build and no extra crap or lines to complicate it. It seems some hydro companies are always trying to reinvent the wheel just for money. Must be about 40 different kinds of rdwc out there and none beat UC. The auto mation with ph control and top off rez is just great. My top off is only 3 gallons so I can only go for a day or so before refill. A larger one would allow you to go longer.
Thanks all. Peace negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hey. End week 9, day 63. gg4 monocrop. Down to a .5 EC, yellowing nicely and seeing just a touch of amber here and there. Thinking end week 10 or day 70ish will be harvest. Stinky and swelling nicely. Some nice colors in the buds coming out.
fetch?photoid=17910984.jpg

fetch?photoid=17910985.jpg

fetch?photoid=17910986.jpg

Looking forward to pressing some of this fire. Tent is maxed out full with the 4 upcoming glues. Going to be able to make a real quick turnaround.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Some finishing thoughts on my last run....

Undercurrent....FUCK YES for the win. Cannot say enough good things about it. It just works, no drama, big roots and easy to maintain. Stable and can be set to run a week at a time with no input from you. Monitoring yes, but no input.

LED lighting. More good words here to. Has taken me a bit to relearn some things about these high end, high output fixtures but I think that has made me a better grower. Love the dimmers, low heat, remote drivers, less power usage and more uniform coverage.

Nutrients...Jacks 3-2-1 is going to be the shit. No extra bottles, no endless adds just minerals in the purest form. Yes, I will run a root inoculant and a touch of silica in veg but no pk load up, no sugars, no finishers...no hardeners....no growth changers....just Jacks. Fully convinced this is the way forward.

Strain...GG4 clone only. I mean not much more to say that has not already been said about this wonderful strain. I am totally hooked on it..it is my favorite strain of all time that I have tried. I have grown it many, many times and still do. The gassy, og, funk is just sooo good. It has so much smell!! It looks amazing as well. I think right up there with today's "flavors" How it effects you is more important than looks friends.

Room/Environment...Super pleased. This room was set up right from the start and it has payed off ever since. No heat issues, no cold problems, great airflow and exchange...all good. Light, filter and air are all correct for the space and it just works.

Have a sweet one fellas...I am building a deck, drinking beer and dabbing hard..peace, negative.

DiverDave

Hi all. Some finishing thoughts on my last run...

Undercurrent....FUCK YES for the win. Cannot say enough good things about it. It just works, no drama, big roots and easy to maintain. Stable and can be set to run a week at a time with no input from you. Monitoring yes, but no input.

LED lighting. More good words here to. Has taken me a bit to relearn some things about these high end, high output fixtures but I think that has made me a better grower. Love the dimmers, low heat, remote drivers, less power usage and more uniform coverage.

Nutrients...Jacks 3-2-1 is going to be the shit. No extra bottles, no endless adds just minerals in the purest form. Yes, I will run a root inoculant and a touch of silica in veg but no pk load up, no sugars, no finishers...no hardeners....no growth changers....just Jacks. Fully convinced this is the way forward.

Strain...GG4 clone only. I mean not much more to say that has not already been said about this wonderful strain. I am totally hooked on it..it is my favorite strain of all time that I have tried. I have grown it many, many times and still do. The gassy, og, funk is just sooo good. It has so much smell!! It looks amazing as well. I think right up there with today's "flavors" How it effects you is more important than looks friends.

Room/Environment...Super pleased. This room was set up right from the start and it has payed off ever since. No heat issues, no cold problems, great airflow and exchange...all good. Light, filter and air are all correct for the space and it just works.

Have a sweet one fellas...I am building a deck, drinking beer, and dabbing hard..peace, negative.

Thank you for the final notes on your grow, I will need to re-look the undercurrent.. I think I understand, larger drains.. lol I am thinking at least 2" on a 1/2 feed for 4 should handle the roots.

I agree on the nutes, that has been my setup for the last 2 or 3 years now.
I am totally on board with the LEDs, I got the learning exp from a run or two on them and see the game changer that has brought.

I am glad a brought a chair. :groupwave:

Good on you, will be lurking ;)

DD
:plant grow:

negative37dBA

Veteran
The pipe size I use is 2" all the way. The only pipes that are less are 3/4" hydrofarm tubing and they are for the chiller and return to the epicenter. You also use a 3/4 tubing to pull the undercurrent back to the pump. How far you go with 2" back to the pump is up to you. Some people use what is called a "root runner" So about a 24" piece before they go to 3/4 for roots to have some space. That way they dont clog your return line to the pump. Undercurrents can be 3" as well...that is what size the bigger systems are. The 8 gallon modules I use are a big upgrade from a 5 gallon bucket. They also have 13 gallon monsters.

The nutes are for sure good. I feel like I got played for a few years believing the hype of nutrient companies. In the end I guess I payed for a education. I wish younger grower would listen to this one piece of advice if nothing else. Don't pay for expensive water. You do not have to believe me...take someone who is killing it in the legal canna worlds advice. If Ivan of the Jungle Boys is saying that, and all of you have seen his products, then please do not buy water. He posted here years ago grows that for the time blew people away. He knows his stuff even if you do not like the hype surrounding some of his partners.

LED so good...except that the company wont answer my emails....that part bad.

Burning on some 10-11 weeks cured tops of the GG4. I like to save some of the best tops for near the end of my stash. Such a nice treat to open the second to last jar and fine fat cured tops begging to be burned. Now when I say jar, I use gallons, so were still good here..hehehe. Got tired long ago of dealing with the little 32oz masons...Oh shit, I still have a 1/2 jar of the Rift to...hell yes!!

Attachments

• fetch?photoid=17353343.jpg
    fetch?photoid=17353343.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 45

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi guys. End of week 10!!. Day 70 baby. Down to .1 ec with just r/o water and hydroguard. Yellowing nicely and cool colors in the calyx's. Reek is strong. Going to pull a couple branches today to test them against some 11 week buds. Hoping I will see some ambering this week. GG4 takes a bit to finish up the way I like it. I have time, its just the tent is bursting at the seams with the 4 gg4 plants ready to go for the next round. Touching the light and such. I have to leave it open now they are sticking out so much....haha.

Real glad I have a waterproof floor in my room. I spilled a gallon or so of water in there being a dumb ass. So easy to just vacuum or wipe up with the tile flooring. Trying to decide what to pop for the next round after this glue. I have some Ocean Grown gear I could run. Alien Rift, Malibu Pie, Dough G and Man O War seeds are just chilling in the fridge waiting for the go ahead. I also have a bunch of my own stuff from quite a while back that I may test out. Some of them are from 2005. I made some Super Silver Haze crosses and had a awesome Afgooey. Would like to find another keeper of one of those in all the seed stock I have. It just takes a long time to pop, grow out to see sex and then flower some unknowns. You guys know it is a lot of work to pheno hunt and you need space.
fetch?photoid=17485279.jpg
fetch?photoid=17485279.jpg

I am leaning towards the Malibu. It sounds real good and hella flavorful. Plus it is brand new to me as I have never run it.
Here is the gg4 at end week 10, Day 70.
fetch?photoid=17915754.jpg

fetch?photoid=17915755.jpg

Looking forward to pulling this down and getting going on another round...gotta keep those gallon jars full you know!!

Attachments

• fetch?photoid=17478155.jpg
    fetch?photoid=17478155.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 40
  • fetch?photoid=17477496.jpg
    fetch?photoid=17477496.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 40

negative37dBA

Veteran
All right guys. We have gotten to day 77, end week 11 of flower!! Ready to chop tomorrow. Fully yellowed out and some amber here and there..ready to go. Good thing as my tent is ready to bust with the fullness of 4 more glues...

They have gotten just plain r/o with hydroguard for about 11 days now. The trich coverage is exceptional and the smell is great. Typical gassy, woody funk the glue is known for. It has such a strong nose to it...I have sampled some 1 week cured buds and I think it is a bit better than last run. Hits me a little harder...prob cause I let it go longer this time. 77 days this time 63 days last run. 77 is the way to go. Don't fuck yourself after 10 long weeks of flower to pull out early...lol. They pulled out some cool chocolate colors in that last week as well. Hard to tell in the pics though.

GG4 at day 77. Ready to choppy chop.
fetch?photoid=17920569.jpg

fetch?photoid=17920568.jpg

Always love to see fans leaves covered in trichs. This strain covers the petioles as well with capitate trichs. You can see some nice ambering here. Sexy.
fetch?photoid=17920566.jpg

fetch?photoid=17920567.jpg

She is so frosty. GG4 just does not disappoint. I am thrilled and this should press out some real deal rosin.
I am going to keep a tight watch on the yield of this run. Interested to see what comes out of 660 watts. Although I ran it dimmed for quite a bit of the run..prob about 15 percent down from full.
So I will be back with a yield and smoke report a bit later. Maybe some sweet harvest photos.
Took some rips and out to pour concrete all day. That beer will taste good tonight. Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

sp4z205

wow, wow, wow!!!

I hope my GG comes out half as decent as this. You are talented sir and I loved reading this.

I'm looking at building out a RDWC build for my next go - I've learned so much already and know that I can do better next go around!

negative37dBA

Veteran
wow, wow, wow!!!

I hope my GG comes out half as decent as this. You are talented sir and I loved reading this.

I'm looking at building out a RDWC build for my next go - I've learned so much already and know that I can do better next go around!

Thanks for the nice comments sp4z205. The glue is a performer as far as quality goes that is for sure. It is why I keep growing it over and over again. RDWC is a great way to grow. It is unforgiving if you do not know what you are doing and can be equipment heavy but I love it. I would go with a 2" or 3" undercurrent system..they just work.
A little comparison of fresh cut and 87 days cured GG4. Fresh on left obviously.
fetch?photoid=17921202.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17921202.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.9 KB ID:	17921205

Hope your grow is going well. I will have to stop in and see how they are progressing. I think you are close to starting flower if I remember right. That is when the fun will start for you..
Have a great day all. Peace, negative. :)

sp4z205

Thanks for the nice comments sp4z205. The glue is a performer as far as quality goes that is for sure. It is why I keep growing it over and over again. RDWC is a great way to grow. It is unforgiving if you do not know what you are doing and can be equipment heavy but I love it. I would go with a 2" or 3" undercurrent system..they just work.
A little comparison of fresh cut and 87 days cured GG4. Fresh on left obviously.

Hope your grow is going well. I will have to stop in and see how they are progressing. I think you are close to starting flower if I remember right. That is when the fun will start for you..
Have a great day all. Peace, negative. :)

I'm planning on doing a 3" return with 3/4" waterfall in using 20g totes (3 total in a 4x8 with one being outside as the rez)

I'm looking at getting a chiller to keep temps of the water at 65, also looking at getting a decent UPS to keep everything (if possible) on in case I ever lose power again lol - I'll have to do my draw calculations ofc

That is an AMAZING difference between the two for cure time. I know I'm a couple months out but I've been doing some reading into proper cure methods etc (I think I'll buy a little 2x4 tent for curing)

I do believe I may be getting close to flowering time, maybe another week? I truly have no idea because this is my first time, I'm really just letting the plants kinda guide me and tell me things now.

Would love your feedback when you have an opportunity!

Take care!

negative37dBA

Veteran
Ok, nice to hear you are going big pipe. I personally would not bother with a 3/4 waterfall, just straight undercurrent. Makes it more complicated and really does not improve it. Chiller for sure, makes water temp management easy. I do not run a UPS power back up. That said I have reliable power and am here most of the time. Having critical items monitored by a smart outlet seems wise...Your air pump is the most vital part of the system. If your circ pump goes down you are still in DWC but if your air pump goes down your fucked quickly. Have a backup on hand.

About flowering the glue...she likes to stretch...a lot. Be prepared for that. Trellising is a good thing as she like to flop unless you used some silica in veg. Still trellis her.

My harvest is going sweet. Got it all down and hanging or almost hanging. Most of the room is cleaned up as well. Shooting for a very quick, like 1 day, turnaround here. Had to take a break to pound that beer and bong up!! Got some decent pics from harvest. Hard to get good ones of the big bunches holding them by yourself..oh well. They are frosty as hell and lovely colored. Lots of weight I see and the smell is incredible. Some of the most color I have ever seen from the glue. Prob due to LED lights. I had NO bleached buds...sweet cause I saw 1 start early on and caught it right away. Turned down the intensity a bit and raised it more. Never saw it again.
Just some random shots from todays harvest. Day 78, GG4.
fetch?photoid=17921434.jpg

fetch?photoid=17921435.jpg

12oz beer can..decent stalk size.
fetch?photoid=17921436.jpg

Almost vacuumed this little beauty up hiding on the floor..haha. Lots of the tops have this choco/purple color...sexy.
fetch?photoid=17921437.jpg

Jamming on some Tool, 46 & 2, what a fucking legend of a song.
Back to hanging up big buds boys...see ya laters.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Pretty fing stoked on the results even though it is early. I have pulled down so many runs of this GG4 I have lost count. This one is going to be epic. There are a TON of branches filled with the goods. Racks are filling up quickly. I went slightly different this pull leaving it much more "whole plant" if you will. Slow and low dry is what your aiming for. 60/60 for 14 or more if you can.
hehehe. :)
Have a great day all, I know I am. Peace, negative.

sp4z205

Great info!!

I have been adding SI throughout veg starting ~week 2 I think it was. I'll have to look at doing a double trellis if necessary to accommodate for extra stretch - My girls look like they're about 15" tall?

I was going to flip when they hit the first trellis at about 24" and then weave them through that for first week.

I'm trying to get 1 cola per square on the trellis so they arent crowded.

You got some rock solid techniques.