What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bengies 150w cab

bengie187

Hey Foes :D thanks for stopping by......yeah ill be doing another update on wed thats the week marker for me so......thats when ill be doing more pics....

Im still a little worried about this damn plant it just keeps on growing..:jawdrop:.....Most of the limbs ive been pinching and then bending to a negative degree (daily).....and not much bud wieght......:chin:....ill just have to make a note on it hope for better results next run

Zealious

its looking really good b. Keep it up man. The clones are looking great. Clones and seedlings are tricky so you are on you way!

bengie187

Hey Z thanks for the good words......yeah she starting to form many many little buds but notihng signifigant in size......ill take a full shot on wed cause i have to work tommorow and Collective soul concert tommorw......:woohoo:.....my clones on the other hand.....:mad::wallbash::mad:.....im definatly have troubls with.....Already lost 2 of the smaller sized ones........the tops of the leaves are getting kinda slimey/dark greenish/brownish leaves Is this normal??.......:1help:

bengie187

Day 34ish/unknowen finish date
Temps 84/86/78 flower/mom/room
Res 800 ppm/20.5 C

Ok so another week has gone by and hory cow this hobby has consumed large portions of my time mostly spent on here reading and learning:yoinks:.....thanks to all you who put your ideas up and open them for scrutny from your peers..:friends:...Lets get toer....ummm well i have had some better days with running out of fresh R.O water :wallbash: so my mom and the new plant didnt get any water for a couple of days...:noway:....I figured that it wouldnt really hurt them but they both wilted pretty bad.....:wallbash:....no pics cause i feel like a shitty caretaker...:spank::pointlaug...good thing my flower has automated system.....Here she is 2 days and recoving very nicely from my neglect

you can see on the bottom the little bit of wilting
"New plant" suffering from nute burn/ lockout but im not gonna even try to rectify the situation......

The new plant has started to show his preflowers :yoinks: :fight:.....a free plant for me to raise and its a male.....boo

i now to well my "clones" if you wanna call them that :mad: again my mortality rate is 75%+:mad:.....i lost 2 on saturday and then another 4 yesturday..:fsu:..leaves me with 2..:fsu:..they do still look to me to be pretty healthy ....i always seem to see the lighter side of things...optimism.......

And now for the show....Seeing as last few updates i havnt really gotten any good full shots of the plant...and mostly have been little ux shotts and such so heres a full image put the sprayer bottle beside for a scale

She Freaking huge:yoinks: I wish it were always that easy.....Many many Small bud sites showing up on every branch and still she wont stop growing in size:wallbash:.....that part im a little pissed about but meh i cant do much with this one now.....Would Pruning the lower sections result in larger bud mass on top or isit detrimental at this point in developement?

Following that everyone's prolly wondering....its at day 34 and no decent bud shots well.....i think i may have figured out the marco settings and stuff on the camera......

Maybe some much closers ups.....get ready

the mother load!!!! :yoinks: if you look closely i "put" an eylash in there for "scale" purposes......lol

Until next time bengie

bengie187

The local greenhouses here carry a line of nutrients/fertilizers by a company called Plant Prod....Theres one thats listed as 10-52-10 would this be good to substitue for Kool bloom dry which is 2-45-28.....Just a thought

Zealious

THey are looking great! Sorry to hear about the clones.. They are wilting when they look the way you describe. You need to make sure they are sprayed everyday to keep them moist. also cut all the leaves in half. like a hair cut.. to lower the amount of water the plant needs, it also makes the clones root faster. Try rapid rooters I have 90%+ success with rapid rooters.

Zealious

hey. Yea I just looked back at your clones.. def too much leaf going on. You only need one set of leaves or 2.. any more and you are putting a strain on your cuttin.. Then cut the leaves in half.. use a humidity dome and mist everyday.

look at how there is not many leaves and the leaves that are there are given a hair cut.

Rock wool sucks. Seriously. I hate the stuff. Its bad for you too. Im dead serious about the rapid rooters. they are amazing. They have beneficial bacteria in them and your roots get huge and white.. I root clones in a week.
rapid rooter in action

great for seeds as well. Look for something called the FLOAT and grow. I bet that would work well for you.

You might want to make a little bubble cloner out of basic tupperware. its cheap and easy. You just sit your rapid rooter in and forget it...

like this one

let me know if you want help building one.

Sorry for giving you advice that you didnt ask for. I know some times i get upset when people start telling me what I need to do.. I just wanted to share how I clone. It works really well.

bengie187

Pontiac- Im hoping they fill up nicely....Im not using any kool bloom of extra ferts that have high Concentration of Phosferous......was thinking of using this fert thats suppossed to be used for to help with seedlings and rooting clones.....10-52-10 if im remembering correctly.....but at this monment Very cash strapped.......thanks for stopping by

Zealious- Yeah i have been debating about making one of those bitches.....Im thinking im gonna be making one very soon.....You said yours was an areocloner......does that use a air stone.....or the waterpump misting style??.....Nutrient solution in the tub or just tap water....hmmmm Thats about all atm......Oh yeah I have one clone left one in rockwool and its actually produced roots....Dont ask me why i know that:noway:

bengie187

Day 40/unknowen finish date
Temps 76/80/72 flower/mom/room
Res 2489 uC/1200 ppm/20.5 C

Well its wednesday again so it time for an update...:drum:....

All is well with the mother plant so im not really gonna say much about her....So i have tried a couple of different methods cloning and none seem to have any sort of success rate....first attempt 0/4 second attempt 1/8 and the one that survives is in Rockwool :yoinks: So here "she" is

Shes showing a little signs of stress :chin: but no worries has some new growth to here as well as some streching already....i havnt been feeding her anything but r.o water so :laughing: maybe stored up N for this process......I plan on putting her in the flower chamber after i cut this one down......because im gonna make some mods to the unit......A cool tube and a trellis to scrog these stretchy buggers.....now to the show...

I the nuggs and the most of the plant are looking fairly healthy except for some yellowing of the lower leaves and it does seem to be creeping its way up the plant......I have some pics and maybe someone has some solutions....

Now for some nug shots i ahve some far away shots to show how many bud sites there are

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Looks to me like that yellowing/dieing off is from a fungal infection. I would try and spray it now while the buds are still small (spray with fungicide obviously) only about $7-8 at homedepot garden center.. Also I would remove the leaves that are already dead or almost dead.Try and spray twice in one week. Then pray.. haha hope it works out for ya, its been working for me.

-N.Kron:rasta:

bengie187

The yellowing isnt from the lack of N in my mix it has been flowering for 40 days or does that happen all at once?..... the leaves all turn then fall off???.....Where would the signs of this fungas be??....other than the leaves.........maybe roots??

20north

look on the stem? heavy indicas get fungus i would make the temp of your room hotter man the spores prob wont live in high heat 40 days in is pretty deep man sometimes is always better to toss it out and restart or clone and clean the clones and the setup ... if your air is too cold you can get fungus or if your humidity is higher than 50% the thing is you dont want your buds rotting from the inside out look for fungus in the buds too 40 days in theres very little i would do that late i had to recently throw alot of fungus ridden herbs where does your air come from? is it at all filtered hope this helps a little you may have bytris i would think you might see the fungus on the stems i would spray when lights are off with hydrogen peroxide 1/4 diluted you should really slow it down

expect there to be fungus spores flying around everywhere or just imagine it because thats possibly the reality bleach is really helpful i started using gloves to keep things sterile...
everything must be exactly precise when it comes to indoors good luck bengie

the more clean you are the more likely nothing frustrating besides temp airflow nutes and lumens

peace love n harmony ahah

if any of the plant isnt getting much light in some places it looks like you have some parts of the plants streching past the light????? fungus is bound to start and you should have soo many fans those leaves should be moving every 2 seconds alot! IMHO
in a 2foot 9inch by 2foot 9" tent i had to have fans everywhere or i now get mold on everything i just recently found this out

Last edited:

20north

that outtake needs to be at the highest point better yet flip the fan over and put the filter in the cab and you wont be pulling dank air out of the cab and in to the filter it might really help you out with getting rid of the mold too

bengie187

My only question is how can you be sure there is fungas......I dont see any....my temps and Humidity arnt able to house molds easily.....they have been pretty constant for about a month min 74 deg and humdity max 50% and i say 50% liberally prolly closer to the 40% frame.....I have had a couple of drinks and will not be going in to check again for mold on the stem but iterating from before .....i dont see any.....Oh yeah......im using a Diamond looking thinger for close up views of my trichs and such....its 15x mag

bengie187

Day 48/unknowen finish date
Temps 76/80/72 flower/mom/room
Res 1900 uC/950 ppm/20.5 C/ 5.56 PH

So its time for an update

Its been another week and a couple of things have happend.....my older and bigger fan leaves had begun to dry out and fall off..:yoinks:...So people said it was due to a fungas or due to deficaint in Mg so i took two separate measures..:woohoo: thanks to those who helped out.....one was added 1.5 tbls of epsom salts to my rez and the other was start a spray regement with H2O2 mixed in....:noway:.....Its only been 2 days since diagnosis so there hasnt really been any changes that i can see...but ill so a few pics of how its develoding anyways...just some random bud shots

My momsy is looking very nice and bushing up for another clipping treatment.....thinking i should do that soon and try to get another clone rooted ready from when that one gets the axe.....Hmmm i should really start nameing my plants so everyone knows what im talking aobut......

My clone that survived wow and is loving it in the wick cloner......roots everywhere out of the RW cube and :chin: how would i get its root system into those larger RW cubes 4" ones??? well here she is

Two more random bud shots they are getting sticky and looking nice cant hardly wait :woohoo:

Well i guess thats it thats all....Oh one more thing i mthinking of starting my flush next week what do you guys think???

bengie187

hey oh again...just kinda been fiddling around with the macro again to get those super close ups of the trichs.....im noticing that a tripod or somthing of that nature would prolly work the best cause i shake i wee bit :noway::spank: but i did happen to get one decntish pic before my camera battery died off

Some feedback would be nice

bengie187

So its me again and not too much has changed my clone is rooted and growing but needs to be moved into the flower chamber....about a week i plan on chopping test run down......on or around friday next week...changed my rez to straight RO water which i guess is what your supposed to do when trying to flush it.....but here a few bud shots i hope their to your likeing

Oh yeah i cut the bottoom branches off today just got them hanging working on my drying process.....5 twig like branches....hoping for an eighth of smokeable bud.......its looking good as far as im concerned

Zealious

hey bengie sorry been away some time. Everythings looking good for ya. I just had my first chop a little while ago...

and about the cloner I do use an air stone and air pump. I find the more air I get going on in the resivoir the better the roots come out.. No rot. I actualy use the same method in all my hydro units. just on a larger scale bigger air pumps more stones etc. dwc is the best for organic hydro.. ebb and flow right behind... but im sure a mix of the 2 would be optimal. check out how to hydroponics its a great book and should be easy to find the e book some where for cheap if not free.

Latest posts

Latest posts