What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panop '09: Cool as a Fan (CH9 Mendocino and Mandala Kalichakra)

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Day 44 flower

Day 44 flower

picture.php

At the maximum the girls have 12 days left, at the minimum they have five; according to the seed packaging, at least.
I'm watching the trichomes and right now they're still clear/milky, so it'll be a little bit before they're ready.

Nothing but molasses and water till the chop.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Harvest is around the corner and that is always good. Those top buds are looking really nice too. Have you done any sampling, or are you waiting until everything is done?

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Oh, I've taken a few samples here and there. I'm glad I didn't cut off all of the lower growth, as it turns out those popcorn nuggets are good for something after all...

The Mendocino packs quite a punch and seems to be along the lines of the Hashplant I grew out last time.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Good to hear about those Mendocino's. I remember that Hashplant and it sure did pack a punch. Have fun with harvest, and be sure to let us know how well you did :joint:

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Day 54 flower

Day 54 flower

Tomorrow, the ladies will go from looking like this...
picture.php

to this.
picture.php

In case you were wondering, that nug (Mendocino 4) is the plant missing from the the first photo.
I chopped it down about a week ago and have been smoking it as it dried. I couldn't help myself...
The rest of the ladies haven't been fed in two weeks and watered in nearly one. They are ready to go!

I was planning to flower that Kalichakra a little longer, but I want to get these little guys under the light ASAP.

picture.php

I've got some CH9 Double X and Flower vegging and some Mandala Satori germing, but that's for another thread...

Last edited:
Hey big bro looking good (as always LOL). Can't wait to see you whip those Satori's in shape. Got some of those in the fridge waiting their turn.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
That bud sure does look tasty. It looks like those plants will give you some fat buds so you be sure to enjoy them. If you manage to snap some pictures in the vaporizing-harvesting haze, do post them up :joint:

-Funk

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Very nice looking plants, they swelled up hell of man!
One thing I would have done, is LST those plants.. they look like they would respond well with that type of training.
Anyways, well done.
:D

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Very nice looking plants, they swelled up hell of man!
One thing I would have done, is LST those plants.. they look like they would respond well with that type of training.
Anyways, well done.
:D

Agreed.

I've done some pretty hardcore LSTing in past grows and your comment has got me thinking about my next grow. It might just be time to break out the velcro...

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I think you should get that sweet wick cloner out and ready. Take a bunch of clones, root them, veg them for a few days, and throw them into the tent. Two weeks after your first harvest, you'll have another one. Less time taken for LST, and possibly a higher yield in the end. I did this my last grow and I'm happy I did because now I'm not out of reefer :joint:

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
What kind of numbers did you get under that 250? How is the high on the Mendicino?

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
What kind of numbers did you get under that 250? How is the high on the Mendicino?

picture.php

picture.php

Mendocino 4 not pictured.

Yields were not so good. I got a little over 2.25 oz all told. Whatever the issue was in flower took a serious toll on my final numbers.

I feel like the 250 really shines in veg, when you have to run the light all day and don't want to jack up the power bill to some ridiculous total. But for late veg/flower, I'll probably stick with the 400 in the future.

The Mendocino has a very similar high to the Hashplant, a buzzy head stone. A bit of a contradiction, I guess. A good hybrid. The flavor's much different though. Sort of an old school stinky minty flavor...

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
That is a bummer about the yield. I remember running the 250 all the way through and having a fair amount of bud, but it being airy. You live and you learn, evolve, and work out the kinks. I'm sure your next grow will get you better results so it's all good :joint:

-Funk

Latest posts

Latest posts