What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Will 60x magnification spot the mites eggs or the adults themselves? Two of my clones are displaying some fucked up growth similar to the one in the video I posted (http://youtu.be/j_Bn4YUjVVM) but not exactly the same. I'm seeing these little milky balls on 100x magnification, but at that level my vision thru the lense gets kind of shaky, like its too zoomed in so I have no real control on where I'm pointing the damn thing.. I thought I had burned the shit out of them with a sulphur spray I used a few days ago as that's when the growth started to look fucked. Thinking about just scrapping these clones and starting over, its not too far into anything.. Would hardly be an inconvenience.

So yeah will 60x spot them? Thanks..

avant gardener

Veteran
No, not that I have seen. The main vector is white flies.

i ask because i've treated for them a couple times. preemptively (read: paranoia) the first time, and the second because i actually had them. since then, i've implemented strict quarantine, dipped all my babies, etc.

i'm showing signs of BM damage again, but only in one strain. i get gnats occasionally and that seemed like the most plausible explanation for how they got back.

christ i hope we don't already have resistant broad mites.

Dorky

Any Brand of Triple Action Neem Oil is awsome...much better to follow up rather than trying to eradicate all of them with it....

Spinosad DOES WORK INSANE... Conserve SC at 15ml per gallon will destroy them on contact and just about everything else on the plant...with ZERO phytoxicity...

With the Monteray brand that'd be like dumping 300ml per gallon... all the other ingredients would probaly toast your ladies at that rate.... Go for Convserve SC if you want to go the Spinosad route...proven it works

Storm Shadows advice on correct use of pesticides is ON POINT.

So many people use Avid so wrong. Lights on, correct air temp, filtereds tap water with some scarlet to adjust the ph of the foliar correct and boom Mites dead.

proper surfectants and ph of your foliar mke night and day difference between killing pests or just knocking them down and making them more tollerant.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Alright so snapped some pics of my clones.. Been lookin at em under a 100x scope for a few hours now and have spotted a LOT of little beady/milky balls that remind me of the pics of BM eggs I've seen. Is this Broad Mite damage? Or does it look like it?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

edit: apologize for the shit quality of these pics. Does this resemble broad mite damage?

Airnut

Well, just an info update..
According to this link : http://www.hiddenvalleyhibiscus.com/care/spidermites.htm
Short:
They claim by submerge the hole plant for 1 hour in 30 degree celcius water, it will get rid of any mites and dissolve their eggs.

Result if its done on cannabis plants:
Cuts: 100% deathrate within 48 hours of treatment.
Plants with 4-6 nodes: 50% Deathrate within 48 hours. Mitefree (i guess) Eggs not dissolved AT ALL.
Major size plants: Most survive with odd looking leafs and growthpatern. Goes back to normal. Eggs and youngling mites survive perfectly.

According to link they dont say any about light or darkness. I used total darkness.
(so the fotosynthesis dont produce oxygenbubles the mites possibly could survive within..)

It dont work.

Get some neemoil.. More than 1000 post can ebe found that its working.
A trustworthy forumfriend told me floramite SC also is very usefull agains those fuckers.

eric2028

Veteran
great info there. cant help to notice but that link is referring to spidermites. broad mites are alot tougher to treat, atleast from my experience.

malibujoel

I have battled mites for 2 years with everything on and off the shelf. This year my dogs got ticks. So I went to Home Depot and bought a granular in a bag that you throw out to control and kill ticks. Will this is the first time I never had one mite... Ticks and mites do resemble each other. Not sure this was the cure. But your better believe I am throwing out a bag of tick control every month.
Just my 2 cents....

moses wellfleet

Veteran
has anybody discovered any broad mite resistant strains?....

i think i have one always the last one to be attacked and then only mildly!... closely related to pre 98 Bubba Kush

indoor warrior

Thanks Storm...ran into these for the first time recently...as bad or worse than root aphids...lock the hippie in the closet and bust out the big guns!...they will bring you to your knees and make you question your skills...DEATH TO THE BORG

Status
Not open for further replies.