This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derka View Post
    I am on my third application of the stuff, it seems to be working, but isn't quite as effective as I would have hoped.

Personally I am probably going to hit the order button and get some forbid 4f and lay these little bastards to rest.
    floramite , 4bid , avid rotate every grow .
    takkada

Comment

good luck
      takkada

Comment

Originally posted by ace569er View Post
        Captain is the best mite product money can buy, period. It's one of the safest pesticides know to man. You could ingest it with little ill effect. it's LSd is very high, considering what it is. It is also the safest pesticide know to man. Even safer than insecticide soaps and neem by a long shoot. not to mention it's natural, not synthetic. Has a very low accordance of immunity. Unlike, most, all other forms of treatment.
        It is not a neural toxin. It excites the nerves system of arthropods, upon ingestion. Shutting down there brain and organ functions. With a 100% kill rate on any arthropod, who ingest it.
        I have tried every product there is (except haven't tried mighty wash yet). From neem, doctor doom, promethium, soaps, ect. From countless companies. They all work very poorly(except azromax, just overpriced). They ether act to dwindle population, slowly killing them, or they hold high susceptibility to becoming immune. All are bad for humans and animals, except spinosad.
        I do find it interesting that the bacterium found, to produce it was found by chance. Yet, has never ever been found in nature after it's discovery. It's just yet another creature that is still around solely because of mankind.(not saying we didn't cause it's dependency or eradication) Like silkworms, horses and so many others. It's absent from nature and dependent on man for survival.
        Originally posted by the gnome View Post
        same here, had a heavy thrips infestation... HEAVY!
        I bought spino in a bottle with a hose hook up and hit the eight 6ft tress i had and was going to do a follow up a few days later but it wasn't needed.... it was a thrips massacre

it didn't do so well against broad mites tho...
        it is very good stuff, you can put it on your veggies and only wait a day to harvest
        Originally posted by ace569er View Post
        You can apply at up to 20x concentration. If you use at 1-2oz(can use up 4oz per litter with no ill effect, at all) per liter, instead of per gallon. It kills better than folamite. Yet is food safe. Folamite is not food safe, at all!!! Spinosad will kill all mites in 2 application most times. 3 tops. 16$ is 12 applications at 4x strength. It's only fault is it don't kill eggs.
        Floramite does not ether, contrary to most peoples belief. It's residue adsorbs in to the plant killing future feeders. For 3 months. Yet is present in chemical form in the plant for 18+ mouths. So no matter what, you are most likely smoking it. yummy. Spinosad leaves no active residue. Plus is food safe till day of harvest.
        Originally posted by takkada View Post
        this is good shit people , i agree with this guy, peace .
        Figured I should add this. If being used for true food crops. I would even more so, recommend the use of spinosid.

Comment

Bayer Forbid F4 is the only thing that has wiped them out completely for me. Havent seen a mite in over 6 months. I mixed my Forbid F4 with mighty wash and sprayed everything in veg. Chopped the flower room and sprayed it down too...NO MORE MITES!

Comment

Originally posted by joe fresh View Post
            does anyone not use high levels of co2 to kill mites? i have heard that if you crank it up to 10-20000ppm for a few hours it will kill all bugs in the room.

i was advised by someone who has a degree in botany and runs comercial greenhouses(not MJ) that co2 is the way to go.

he said the way they do it is 3 times a day for 3 hours each raise co2 to 10000ppm+ and keep it at those levels for 3 hours, and repeat this 3 times a day......repeat this process for 3 days, every other day.

what do you guys think about using co2 to kill mites?

for me filling up 100 lbs of co2 is easier than using sprays, and imo less harmfull than using sprays and less messy than using predators....
            this is what i need info on anybody used this method successfully? i am worried about harming the plants?
            Stoner4life we are thinking of you!

Comment

good luck
              takkada

Comment

i know someone who does this but only, at 1500 ppm 2000 ppm i herd kills plants .
                that doesnt sound right i have often had my levels at 2000 ppm with no harm to plants

Comment

homemade remidy

good luck
                  takkada

Comment

i know someone who does this but only, at 1500 ppm 2000 ppm i herd kills plants .
                    they still get them though ?
                    takkada

Comment

Fry toil golden

4 cups wheat flower , 1/2 cup buttermilk , 5 gallons warm water mix well .
                      Sounds delish

Comment

The CO2 method is like folklore,it doesnt work.And,about the no pest strips being bad for humans,yeah,if you snort em,lol.Unless your in a room with no ventilation and about 20 no pest strips in there with ya while you sleep in the room,theres no adverse effects to humans,or plants.People are gonna use what they have found to be best.But for me with over 20+ years growing indoors,i swear by them if used right(even though the only time i got mites was from clones from a friend that i didnt quarentine/sp?/ first).What i hate even more than using the No Pest Strips,would be smoking dead mite bodys and there poop in my finnished product.If you have a bad mite problem,you can either try the strips for a bit,then use Schultz 3 in 1 spray for mold,mildew and mites,or trash yer room and start over after a good cleaning top to bottom.Even with the strips,i suggest you clean from top 2 bottom before starting the next round.For me,they have worked great,and besides my last three children being born 6 feet tall,with purple hair,there was no signs of anything that wasnt normal going on.I have found it hard to get sunglasses with only one lens though.Good luck killing the Aliens people...
                        Stil Dancing,DWW

Comment

Originally posted by FullyMeltedDome View Post
                          The CO2 method is like folklore,it doesnt work.And,about the no pest strips being bad for humans,yeah,if you snort em,lol.Unless your in a room with no ventilation and about 20 no pest strips in there with ya while you sleep in the room,theres no adverse effects to humans,or plants.People are gonna use what they have found to be best.But for me with over 20+ years growing indoors,i swear by them if used right(even though the only time i got mites was from clones from a friend that i didnt quarentine/sp?/ first).What i hate even more than using the No Pest Strips,would be smoking dead mite bodys and there poop in my finnished product.If you have a bad mite problem,you can either try the strips for a bit,then use Schultz 3 in 1 spray for mold,mildew and mites,or trash yer room and start over after a good cleaning top to bottom.Even with the strips,i suggest you clean from top 2 bottom before starting the next round.For me,they have worked great,and besides my last three children being born 6 feet tall,with purple hair,there was no signs of anything that wasnt normal going on.I have found it hard to get sunglasses with only one lens though.Good luck killing the Aliens people...
                          good luck
                          takkada

Comment

good luck
                            takkada

Comment

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro?", cobcoop.
                              I think that quote is from Hunter S Thomson

Comment

Originally posted by FullyMeltedDome View Post
                                The CO2 method is like folklore,it doesnt work.
                                you are speaking from personal experience about the co2?

Comment

Working...
                                X