X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr.NO
    replied
    I have Royal Queen Seeds Purple Queen at 50 days 12/12 right now. The buds are totally purple and I am now seeing trichomes with purple heads. Will the trichomes heads turn purple instead of amber, or should I wait for them to turn amber?

Leave a comment:

• Gangabiss
    replied
    Personally I think there needs to be a distinction between the 2 types of snapping of the bud stem.
    There is the 'clean break' and the 'snaps but still attached by threads'

If your stems snap cleanly off then IMO they are already too dry for curing and you kinda messed up.
    You want to wait until they snap with an audible 'crack' but still stay attached and might even might twisting to snap off. This seems the best time to start curing.

Also, never put buds in to cure that still have any green to the stem or if they bend at all without breaking. you're just asking for mould.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    bjorn 9 weeks on a c99?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    32 posts. i think some background on your growing experiance and anything to prove your merit would be smart. any cup wins?

Leave a comment:

• Bjorn to farm.
    replied
    Getting close, sure not seeing any amber trichomes. You'd think I would as I'm 9 weeks in and I have a C-99 and a couple other indicas.

Leave a comment:

• Pwyll
    replied
    In colorado it can be very dry. Waiting until the stems snap will often mean the flower is too dry

Leave a comment:

• Billyblanks420
    replied
    Reading Trichomes

Hello IC Crew,

First time poster on this massive forum of Knowledge, some of the greatest threads i have read on here, i was wondering if i could get a second opinion on my Harvest time. It is a Indica dominant hybrid 58 days into flower... What do you think, ready to harvest?

If i had too could i wait 5 days?

Thanks for any replies

Leave a comment:

• Sonicc
    replied
    Helpful, Thanks

Leave a comment:

• VERMONSTAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Codepoo View Post
    after you cut your plant is it a good idea to put it in a closed room with a light and a fan ? Or no light? If a light just a regular ? 1st time growing sorry
    https://youtu.be/NKPbXRAv6YA

this guy has a great way of explaining things the way i like to do things, much better than i could too lol.
    Anyone got insight on boiling water being used before actual harvest?

Leave a comment:

• BadGrower
    replied
    Great Info! Found it to be extremely helpful. Quick question, while researching other methods, i came across different Numbers being thrown around regarding optimal rH, temps, as well as times. I'm going to run with it though and ill let you know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• CoastalKind
    replied
    For drying it is best to keep the air around 55% humidity with a dehumidifier and a fan to keep the air circulating. Drier than 50% will dry the flowers out too fast and they will not cure properly. The white and cream colored hair will stay white and cream colored and the flowers just wont look right among other things. On the other hand if your humidity is too high you risk your flowers molding or fermenting while you wait for them to dry. Keeping the air circulating around the flowers at the proper humidity is crucial to a good cure in order to insure they dry at the proper and steady rate. A room filled with freshly cut flowers will quickly become overly humid and inhibit a proper drying atmosphere. Some written works on the subject say 45% to 55% is a good window. However I feel that with a good dehumidifier tighter and more ideal parameters can be easily achieved. Setting a dehumidifier to turn off when the air reaches 50% should keep your air in between 50% to 55% in a 10x10 room. Oscillating fans will keep the humidity through out the room at more even levels.
    Last edited by CoastalKind; 08-05-2016, 20:56.

Leave a comment:

• CoastalKind
    replied
    Originally posted by Chronic Don View Post
    why do you dry in the dark? wouldnt it be better to dry with some light? would the plants not continue to produce resin until they dry too much, without light wouldnt they go into a "hibernation" and quit doing anything?
    Light causes photooxidation to the resin glands causing them to break down quicker. As much as you can you want to limit your flowers exposure to air and light. That is why people keep there buds in sealed containers of some sort in dark places. You also want to avoid storing your flowers at high temperatures. I would wager a guess that the closer you can get to 34 degrees the better. This is the temperature they keeps perishable fruits and vegetables at such as apples to keep them fresh without freezing them. At this temperature apples can be stored for a year. Imagine how long your flowers would last if properly cured in an airtight container in the dark at 34 degrees.

Leave a comment:

• tree dawg
    replied
    good post

Leave a comment:

• Cipó de Fogo
    replied
    Nice Thread, thanks for sharing
    going to use some of these tips in my next chop...

Leave a comment:

• matt11
    replied
    Originally posted by webecat View Post
    I alway thought harvest time was when you were 10% or so amber and all cloudy to get more of a complete high.
    this is where I like my trichomes to be, 10%-18% amber, with most cloudy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X