What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo

Well hello Wilson :)
Just so happens ive been growing bogglegum on and off for about 5 years. I sprouted a few seeds from Bog and found a real keeper. She has been floating around my circle of friends being enjoyed for sure. Shes a Indica based girl with nice tight solid buds. I would highly recommend her for a good relaxing smoke. Hope you find a keeper like we did .

Hope everyone is doing well :) Easy awesome post as always !!

Wilson!

Thanks Babba. Where is the best place to get the seeds?

Say, we love your garden. We are also merrily merrily merrily life is but a ..........

Wilson!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Wilson!

Thanks Babba! But, I am up the hill in OldLimpPeeAhh, wa. So no can do Cali dispensaries. Will have to scratch and sniff out anuther source.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Wilson!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

earthly desires equal enlightenment = Bonno Soku Bodai MOTHA FUCKAS! hahahaha, fabulous night! No matter what happens, this night rocked! WOW!

Buddhism attracts more Buddhism like good attracts good etc.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT! I am officially a pillar of kosen-rufu in my zone. BONZAI! BONZAI! BONZAI!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Let's live based on FAITH! Let's take action based on FAITH! Let's share our enthusiasm for the world and create a great history based on FAITH! Let's support our friends based on FAITH! Let's keep doing the best we can based on FAITH!

ULTIMATELY LET'S WIN IN EVERYTHING BASED ON OUR FAITH!

For this please continue to chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

"[T'ien-t'ai writes:] "As practice progresses and understanding grows, the three obstacles and four devils emerge in confusing form, vying with one another to interfere. . . . One should be neither influenced nor frightened by them. If one falls under their influence, one will be led into the paths of evil. If one is frightened by them, one will be prevented from practicing the correct teaching." This statement not only applies to me, but also is a guide for my followers. Reverently make this teaching your own, and transmit it as an axiom of faith for future generations."

Letter to the Brothers
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 501)

E

EasyMyohoDisco

"Even if the sun and moon should never again emerge from the east, even if the great earth itself should turn over, even if the tides of the great ocean should cease to ebb and flow, even if broken stones are made whole, and even if the waters of the streams and rivers cease to flow into the ocean, no woman who believes in the Lotus Sutra could ever be dragged down by worldly faults and fall into the evil paths."

The Recitation of the "Expedient Means" and "Life Span" Chapters
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 70

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Yesterday I introduced the fourth person at my new job to Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism, but this one was easy because his sister lives in LA and is practicing already! He's an IT guy and I gave him a NMRK card with the website and I think it was great to give an IT guy a WEBSITE that will better his life so much!

Even bigger was I was talking to my friend about the congressman in the USA that is an SGI member and friend of Herbie Hancock and then I realized that there is another Congress woman from Hawaii that is the only other high ranking Buddhist in American Government. Her religion in wikipedia is listed as PureLand from the Tendai school and I got upset right away because I remember from "On Establishing the Correct Teaching for The Peace of The Land" Nichiren Daishonin strongly denounces the Pure Land School. The reasons are outlined in the Gosho but I remember that those who practice Pure Land Reject Hinayana and Mahayana Buddhism. We practice Mahayana Buddhism so their school rejects our Buddhism and prays to Amida Buddha or something like that, but the essence is that we are to refute the erroneous and embrace the correct and true teaching, the all encompassing teaching over the inferior teaching. Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism opens the path for all humans to attain Buddhahood in this lifetime, other types of Buddhism may sound or seem similar but are not.

So I want to Shakubuku this lady in Hawaii because the spirit of establishing the correct teaching is DIALOGUE! The power of dialogue is most effective if we chant very often and don't give up on our practice. The true dialogue is heart to heart dialogue and that is what ultimately works. You cannot change another person's karma as directly as you wish (nothing is impossible with Gohonzon though) but you can change yours that is why chanting is essential. After I finished my brush up study on The Gosho I went back to the wikipedia page and also noticed that this congress woman is a non-practicing Tendai Pure Land Buddhist! She must intuitively know or all the great members in Hawaii also have a hand in this!

The best is yet to come my friends, in less than a month I'll have a lil graduation! I'm so happy. I did this all through my practice as per my posts on this thread throughout the last three years!

DON'T BE AFRAID! DON'T BE DEFEATED! FAITH! VICTORY OF GOLD!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

"The human mind is inconstant; it is ever-changing and unfixed. I thought it wondrous that you pledged faith in my teachings while I was in the province of Sado, and your sincerity in sending your husband all the way here is even more remarkable. The provinces we live in are far apart, and months and years have passed, so I was concerned that you might slacken in your resolve. However, you are increasingly demonstrating the depth of your faith and accumulating good deeds. Surely this is not a result of practice over just one or two previous lifetimes."

Reply to the Lay Priest of Ko
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 491)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I recall my mentor, second Soka Gakkai president Josei Toda, encouraging a young women's division member who was bravely challenging her karma. Her father had died when she was very young, and then she lost her mother, who had been her sole support. While struggling to make ends meet, she was also battling ill health. When she came to Mr. Toda for guidance, he gazed at her kindly and said with strict compassion: 'I wonder how seriously you're really grappling with your problems. Practising Buddhism is all about grappling with problems. Struggling with problems and solving them is what faith is all about.' These words get right at the heart of the Daishonin's Buddhism. In a similar vein, Mr. Toda once said to me: 'Dai, life means suffering. Only through suffering can you really come to understand faith and become a great individual.'"

SGI Newsletter No. 7745, LEARNING FROM THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN: THE TEACHINGS FOR VICTORY [2] "Letter from Sado"--Part 2 [of 3]. The Direct Path to Attaining Buddhahood: Overcoming Great Obstacles Is the Key to Transforming Our Karma, from the February 2009 issue of the Daibyakurenge, translated April 3rd, 2009.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"A single character of the Lotus Sutra is like the great earth, which gives rise to all things."

(Reply to Onichi-nyo - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 1089) Selection source: "Myoji no Gen", Seikyo Shimbun, April 11th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"As practitioners of the Daishonin's Buddhism, when we have problems, worries, or sufferings, we see them as an opportunity to challenge karma arising from the four universal sufferings of birth, aging, sickness, and death. If we merely let ourselves be overwhelmed, or just weep and lament over our situation, we would not be able to break through our karma, which exists precisely so that we can overcome it. From the standpoint of Buddhism, karma is an expedient means for us to prove the greatness of the
Mystic Law."

SGI Newsletter No. 7745, LEARNING FROM THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN: THE TEACHINGS FOR VICTORY [2] "Letter from Sado"--Part 2 [of 3]. The Direct Path to Attaining Buddhahood: Overcoming Great Obstacles Is the Key to Transforming Our Karma, from the February 2009 issue of the Daibyakurenge, translated April 3rd, 2009.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Diligently polish your mirror day and night."* Let's consistently polish our lives with the unflagging practice of chanting daimoku. Those with strong faith will definitely be victorious!

Daisaku Ikeda

* "The Daishonin uses a metaphor to describe this fundamental potential for change, saying: 'This is similar to a tarnished mirror that will shine like a jewel when polished.' (WND-I, pg 4) In this way, he conveys that the practice of chanting daimoku--the means for defeating our inner darkness through faith--serves to 'polish' our life."

"The Daishonin says with regard to chanting as a practice for polishing our life:

A mind now clouded by the illusions of the innate darkness of life is like a tarnished mirror, but when polished, it is sure to become like a clear mirror, reflecting the essential nature of phenomena [i.e. the Dharma nature] and the true aspect of reality. Arouse deep faith, and diligently polish your mirror day and night. How should you polish it? Only by chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. (WND-I, pg 4)"

"Continuing is vital. Continuing is absolutely essential for attaining Buddhahood in this lifetime." (Lectures on "On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime" by Daisaku Ikeda, page 55-7

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Tarbosh! Just so you know, this thread is devoted to Nichiren Buddhism. We are not Hindus. We don't serve the Gods, they serve us.

We hope you will read a bit and become more acquainted with the discussion here. We welcome any questions you may have. Thanks for stopping in!

T

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
Hey everyone I have a quick question with a dream i had that keeps popping here from when i fell ill three years ago.. I'm in a overgrown field with no shoe an all around me is green valleys and three giant trees one has fruits on it one is flowers and one with leaves it looks a little like easymyohodisco avatar Even after i chant it slowly fades away in my dreams for a week or two and ideas thanks to all.

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Forest I never dream at night. When it comes to "daydreaming" don't forget to wake me

Forest I never dream at night. When it comes to "daydreaming" don't forget to wake me

My shit might be seeded but come next month at least I'll have a couple organic joints. That right there is the power of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! I chanted for great meds in the past and am reaping what I've sowed in the near future. Cause and Effect from start to finish! I'm gonna keep going and am never gonna quit, in fact every gongyo has an extra-three (3) nam-myoho-renge-kyo's "too keep Gohonzon for the rest of this life and the next!"

How has everyone's meetings been going this month? We've had some great meetings and on Friday I'm having a Toso to celebrate April 24th The Day President Ikeda stepped down as the Honorary President because the Nikken Shoshu Priesthood forced him to step aside. The celebration is because there was a 100 day countdown towards this event in my Zone (bigger group's overall chanting designation), and I used this campaign to challenge myself to chant more, to turn poison into medicine (in many regards), and to chant more and practice correctly. Not correcting someone is as bad as letting another keep 'fucking up'. I'm glad Tom made a clear and concise message towards Tarbosh. Very cool and another instance of Practicing Correctly.

If you don't take the shit lightly that you can apply to your life and avoid swaying by just going back to your Gohonzon over and over, trust me you'll develop alot of novel and fun ways to always find yourself going back to Gohonzon when the going gets rough! I feel great and wish everyone reading this well, but please do not stop being courageous and please continue to be the best you can be!

I've been trying to live like Nichiren and show others I'm as cool as Jesus. Gnarly sentence 'eh!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo

Nam myoho renge kyo

From "On Prayer", in The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 345.

It makes no difference if the practitioner himself is lacking in worth, defective in wisdom, impur in his person, and lacking in virture derived from observing the precepts. So long as he chants Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, [the buddhist gods] will invariably protect him. One does not throw away gold because the bag that holds it is dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.