What's new

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson!

From "On Prayer", in The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 345.

It makes no difference if the practitioner himself is lacking in worth, defective in wisdom, impur in his person, and lacking in virture derived from observing the precepts. So long as he chants Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, [the buddhist gods] will invariably protect him. One does not throw away gold because the bag that holds it is dirty.

This is so totally me. It's nice to know we don't have to be perfect to be perfectly happy.

Wilson!
Nam myoho renge kyo

"Now is the time to unite, and once again advance boldy and cheerfully to open new worlds."- Daisaku Ikeda

E

EasyMyohoDisco

It begins with our determination to act and be responsible for each other!

Thank you for helping me change my life from something else to this!

Peace and Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! to the fullest!

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
Thanks EasyMyohoDisco I understand I looked again towards myself. My friend said this to me.."Everybody knows what ying and yang is, but what about the line between the two"

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
You are grasping for the Truth.

You are grasping for the Truth.

Hey everyone I have a quick question with a dream i had that keeps popping here from when i fell ill three years ago.. I'm in a overgrown field with no shoe an all around me is green valleys and three giant trees one has fruits on it one is flowers and one with leaves it looks a little like easymyohodisco avatar Even after i chant it slowly fades away in my dreams for a week or two and ideas thanks to all.

It's your seeking spirit from past, present, and future. Having bare feet represents your Buddha Nature is alive and well, bro.

Love ya, desi!

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Thanks EasyMyohoDisco I understand I looked again towards myself. My friend said this to me.."Everybody knows what ying and yang is, but what about the line between the two"

Hey Forest!

The line between the two is "our soul" which has no division, male or female.....it's the unity of both.

Take care bro.........desi!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Today is a special day for me in my practice I got a huge task and feel great boutit!

Today is a special day for me in my practice I got a huge task and feel great boutit!

"There are two types of illness: minor and serious. Early treatment by a skilled physician can cure even serious illnesses, not to mention minor ones. Karma also may be divided into two categories: fixed and unfixed. Sincere repentance will eradicate even fixed karma, to say nothing of karma that is unfixed."

On Prolonging One's Life Span
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 954)

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Sunday, April 26, 2009

As globalization proceeds, we enter an age in which everybody's actions strongly influence everybody else. When we realize this, we can then alter our mindset and strive to build a global society of mutual coexistence and mutual prosperity. This will be done by going beyond devotion to the interests of the nation-state and devoting ourselves to the interests of all humanity. As Martin Luther King Jr. said, injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. The key to the solution is the imagination to care for others. It is the empathizing heart or what Buddhists refer to when they talk about mercy.

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Our Toso on Friday was phenomenal! We had such a great time, I especially chanted alot for my core leaders here on the thread because the toso was mostly directed in my personal intentions towards gratitude for my life and for my brothers and friends practicing this Buddhism with me. We truly won in many regards throughout the last 100 days, at least I know for certain I did. After the meeting I asked everyone in attendance to kindly let me know what they need me to chant for so I could put it in my list. Everyone did and that felt great.

As Chanting Growers we should recognize our responsibility to help keeping the meetings going in our respective locations and also to not let the members continue to slander if we know we could correct them. This is an enormous task but something that we should not take lightly. It is no coincidence that we are the leaders that we are! Gracefully and humbly lets proceed to continue to listen to others and strengthen our heart to heart connections with others. Additionally, please take note that if we slacken in our faith even in the slightest the devils and bad karma could potentially fuck a lot of stuff up for us, so be on guard and tread strongly with the ferocity of a lion.

I continue to keep going back to Gohonzon and keep reminding myself to chant, chant, chant and keep on chanting. This thread is a tool to help us keep going back to Gohonzon! But even that wisdom is nothing without Faith, so keep on chanting and I'll be doing the same! LIFE IS GOOD!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow. Did the shit hit the fans with the kids these past two weeks! Five out of six with something here called retro virus, and three ended up in the hospital. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!! Everyone is now recovering at home but a couple are still not feeling so great. I have been back and forth to the hospital or taking care of sick kids for about ten days. I have to prepare for two Gosho studies I am giving in the next week, so I am slammed for time for Daimoku which is much needed with all of these challenges. Luckily I was in the midst of a fairly vigorous two to three hours a day when all of this hit. I have some Daimoku targets that have been eating up my spare hours guys. I apologize for the absence, but my mind has been elsewhere as I have been busier than hell. I have kept all of you in my mind as I have chanted, and continue to. We are all VERY good here.

Much love and deep respect,

Thomas

(Good to see you Wilson! That has been my favorite Gosho passage for all my years of practice! Takes one to know one Brother!)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Although I and my disciples may encounter various difficulties, if we do not harbour doubts in our hearts, we will as a matter of course attain Buddhahood. Do not have doubts simply because heaven does not lend you protection. Do not be discouraged because you do not enjoy an easy and secure existence in this life. This is what I have taught my disciples morning and evening, and yet they begin to harbour doubts and abandon their faith."

(The Opening of the Eyes - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 283) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, April 9th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"When people transform their karma into mission, they can tap limitless power that can change anything."

SGI Newsletter No. 7749, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 22: Chap. 2, Currents 27, translated April 8th, 2009

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo
Thanks for the update T:) Give all them little ones a hug for us !! hope everyone is feeling better soon!
Nam myoho renge kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To refute erroneous teachings and reveal the correct is one of the most important spirits of the SGI. Let's make an unceasing effort to challenge and overcome all forces that misguide people to suffering and unhappiness and pursue justice and truth for the sake of everyone's happiness. To all of our youth, stand up now and courageously take the initiative!

Daisaku Ikeda

* He (Nichiren Daishonin) teaches repeatedly that practitioners should thoroughly challenge and refute such "enemies of the Lotus Sutra" and "enemies of the Buddha." Enemies here refers to those who, out of ignorance, jealousy, arrogance or hatred, consistently defame and work to impede those who sincerely put the essential spirit of the Lotus Sutra into practice. As he states, "However great the good causes one may make, or even if one reads and copies the entirety of the Lotus Sutra a thousand or ten thousand times, or attains the way of perceiving three thousand realms in a single moment of life, if one fails to denounce the enemies of the Lotus Sutra, it will be impossible to attain the way" ("Encouragement to a Sick Person," WND-1, 78). It is a most important responsibility of genuine Buddhist practitioners to challenge those who attempt to destroy Buddhism. To ignore those who act to degrade, distort or destroy Buddhism is to enable them to grow stronger.

In the end, to fail to challenge such people amounts to committing the same offence as them. But to fight against and win over such negative forces itself constitutes a practice that will open up and bring forth the life-condition of Buddhahood in those who do so. (The Living Buddhism, March-April 2009 issue, page 38)

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Dearest Brother!

Dearest Brother!

Wow. Did the shit hit the fans with the kids these past two weeks! Five out of six with something here called retro virus, and three ended up in the hospital. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!! Everyone is now recovering at home but a couple are still not feeling so great. I have been back and forth to the hospital or taking care of sick kids for about ten days. I have to prepare for two Gosho studies I am giving in the next week, so I am slammed for time for Daimoku which is much needed with all of these challenges. Luckily I was in the midst of a fairly vigorous two to three hours a day when all of this hit. I have some Daimoku targets that have been eating up my spare hours guys. I apologize for the absence, but my mind has been elsewhere as I have been busier than hell. I have kept all of you in my mind as I have chanted, and continue to. We are all VERY good here.

Much love and deep respect,

Thomas

(Good to see you Wilson! That has been my favorite Gosho passage for all my years of practice! Takes one to know one Brother!)

We all hold you in the highest regards "T".....all my chants begin with 'your buddha nature' as the expansion that releases all Gohonzons to unify as one mind of many bodies, then flows Easy, Babba, SoCal, Wilson, Payaso, Sleepy, Bonzo, Scegy, Hitman, grapepunched, Forest, Trichy, and then my own family & all my friends here on ICMAG!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! forever & ever

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Desi!

Thanks Desi!

"What can we say, then, of persons who are devoting themselves to Buddhism? Surely they should not forget the debts of gratitude they owe to their parents, their teachers, and their country."

(On Repaying Debts of Gratitude - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 690) Selection source: "Gosho Study for April", Seikyo Shimbun, April 7th

Wilson!

check out my grow & view

check out my grow & view

I finally got to uploading a few shots. The grow is a 12/12 straight from seed under a HPS 400 verticle all the way through. No Veg. Perfect set up for my space.

And some of my fortune is expressed in the shots from our dwelling. True fortune goes much deeper than that.

I crawled out of the bushes in West Los Angeles years ago under the lashes of alcoholism. From 15 detox treatments & four 30 day programs and continous failure in AA (eh,eh for our friends in Canada, eh), to May 3rd-is 20 years later without a single drink. I never dreamed my life would be so full and rich. I can't believe I lived like that and that I lived through it. Victory is so sweet. Life is win or lose.

peace.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I finally got to uploading a few shots. The grow is a 12/12 straight from seed under a HPS 400 verticle all the way through. No Veg. Perfect set up for my space.

And some of my fortune is expressed in the shots from our dwelling. True fortune goes much deeper than that.

I crawled out of the bushes in West Los Angeles years ago under the lashes of alcoholism. From 15 detox treatments & four 30 day programs and continous failure in AA (eh,eh for our friends in Canada, eh), to May 3rd-is 20 years later without a single drink. I never dreamed my life would be so full and rich. I can't believe I lived like that and that I lived through it. Victory is so sweet. Life is win or lose.

peace.

Like I said Brother, it takes one to know one! Life is definitely win or lose!!!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Practising this Buddhism doesn't mean that our lives will always be smooth. Life is a series of ups and downs, challenges and adversity. We should expect to encounter suffering, hardship, and sadness. At such times, we should chant with all our might. If we do, in the light of the teachings of Buddhism, we are certain to be able to break through those difficulties. As we repeat this process throughout our lives, and continue to strive for kosen-rufu, we'll achieve our human revolution and build a life-state of absolute happiness. That's the path of faith. So no matter what happens, never stray from faith."

SGI Newsletter No. 7746, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 22: Chap. 2, Currents 24, translated April 3rd, 2009

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Hail, Hail to Wilson!

Hail, Hail to Wilson!

peace.

Thank you so much for sharing that bro! I too am a recovering alcoholic. I just recently pulled out my Big Book notes to review all the notes that helped me grow-up into a real person. There again is that mentor/student relationship and the dialogue between the two that begins the healing process....my favorite is the serenity prayer!

The whole process was based on accepting a higher power greater than oneself. Which is a good first step towards becoming a responsible person....imo

Dang bro, great grow!!!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho reng kyo
Great looking plants Wilson.... thanks for sharing your plants and part of your life :)
Nam myoho renge kyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts