What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butte's 2007 Outdoor - "In the trenches..."

brah

butte, your setup is awesome man...i love the trench idea...

if i had the resources and was allowed to do it, id love to someday have an outdoor like yourself...

for now i will hide in the woods and trench with my arms ;D

good luck, ill be watching...

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Butte, you're giving those plants a very goos start and a very good soil compost to grow on. They llok very steady and bushy already.

I wish you all the best for this growing season, you'll certainly top last years'.

How is your filtration system comming along?

Murphle

I saw this then checked out yer 06 thread . A-M-A-zing!! That is truly a helping garden. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see what comes.

G

WOW!!! Your garden is beautiful Mr. and Mrs. Butte.Boy would I love to have access to all those killer gentics.Thanks for including us !!!! Whew!

N

Neptune

I'm along for the ride...

Butte, I put out 8 plants just after 4/20 and they all went to bloom already!! Do you have any recomendations for me? Should I tear them up and replant now? Or ride it out and take what I get?

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lovery plants Butte, I can't wait to see them flowering!

... For the water issue, have you thought about using water polymers? :chin: Just a thought.

Happy growing :joint:

Dkgrower

Veteran
:headbange Impressive Butte, a investment fore life.
What are you considering as tools to protect your soil from erosion, drying up and destroing soil strukture

I would build some frame around the beds and topdress it with hay or even better add fresh grass alittel a time or hay. To protect the soil and ensure a good enviroment.

Another thing i have found ensures that one get´s and sustain first class organice soil. Is growing an winter benificial crop like Archibald ect
and compost it when finish on the top and protect the soil in then winter months.

Strong move.

Last edited:

Dkgrower

Veteran
Butte said:
The Water
The last key to this puzzle is going to be my water and I’m embarrassed to say this project still isn’t done. My water quality is really a weird thing. My iron tests at 1280 ug/L and my manganese came in at 2560 ug/L. As a point of reference, the SMCL (“Secondary maximum contaminant level” means the advisable maximum level of a contaminant in water which is delivered to the free-flowing outlet of the ultimate user of a public water system.) for iron is 300 ug/L and 50 ug/L for manganese. A quick shot to show what 4x the iron and 51x the manganese will do to a plant. This is after a single watering...

[
So, I did my research and came up with the following system to get the nasties out:

[

I dont think your Fe and Mn content is that strange, it is very normale for surface ground water to have elevated Fe and Mn content I think airing the water and a sandfilter would do the job.

G

guest5703

DAMN!!! You are a lucky mo fo! Nah just kidding I know you have medical reasons for your grows. But really WOW! Just can't believe it. I hate to say it, but I think you've got that babba's beat! I bet you couples know eachother and probably stop by frequently and say, "ya kno mr. babba, my crops startin to look a little more danky than yours eh?" hahaha just kidding! Happy growing butte!

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrats on a great start. I can't wait to see them mature. You folks that can legally grow have my envy, lol. I'd be in heaven. Keep up the great job.....

Butte

Veteran
Just a real quick shot this morning. I replaced the urkles and swapped out the g13 for the “spare” I had. Some other ladies have found homes in other gardens and I’ll have some pics of those when I return from a self-imposed one week hiatus from the internet. I have to get a lot done and this internet is a black hole for time! I’ll try to get everything else updated then, too.

Anyhow, here’s the garden...

Neptune – Sorry for the delay...I’m not sure what to do. I chopped off some flowering tops from a Purps a friend was vegg'ing and it seemed to stall. Would it have stalled if I had left the tops on? I don’t know. Maybe.

DGrower – Thanks for the tips on soil. Aeration alone of my water doesn’t precipitate out enough or fast enough. I tried that last year and I had material continuing to fall out almost a month later. I plan on having 1000 gallons a day available for the plants so I needed something a little faster...

Caligreen – the only competition out here is to see who has more fun!!!

JJScorio – I know more than one New Yorker that moved out here to grow in freedom...

Happy growing all and see you in a week!

- Butte

G

guest5703

aww how come you got rid of the urkles??? You must have some more growing on the side or somthing right? hah, for sure the competition is to have fun and you are obviously having the time of your life!!! Congrats butte, can't wait to see the harvest. BTW Amaaazing kif shots from your tumbler! Peace bro :wave:

Butte

Veteran
...see the two in the pots on the top left? :wink:

They just weren't keeping up with some of the others I had in reserve...

Last edited:

ReeferDan

hmmm i wonder why you are giving each plant soo much room...?? :chin: :smoke:

I forsee huge monster mmJ plants in the future!! good luck with the grow butte! i loved reading your thread from last year!... only if one day i could convince you to take me in as one of your patients to grow for, id gladly give up my growing rights to have some monster plants produced in the trenches...

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
Damn Butte .. you are leaving my dream! :wink:

big up for this one.. ill keep an eye on it :yes:

shiva das

Butte...
looks great.
Question..I read where, I think it was last year, that your plants were put out too early. What happened to the final crop? A friend of mine put his plants out to early too this year,,,april 8th. When I saw them two weeks ago I couldn't believe my eyes. Tehy were into serious flowering stage. I told him it would take a good month to regen back to veg....What else should happen....I guess I am more intrested in the final outcome....can you enlighten me on your past problems with pre-flowering.
thanks,
Shiva das

elevate

very nice setup butte. I am eager to see the cheese and the afwreck... things look great so far. :bow: :respect:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts