What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are these crossed seeds AUTO?

Are these crossed seeds AUTO?

• Yes

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Not sure..

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters

Sandnut

No bets, no luck, just pure genetics. I presume, the seeds of Pakistan Ryder were f2 crosses where recessive automatic genes emerged. So the seeds that you are waiting for will be auto.

"Lets assume that we are about to cross an AUTO strain with a NON-AUTO strain, the outcome of this will be that about 30% of these seeds will be AF." - yes, but in next generation(f2)

ahaa.. aight.. guess I'll have to roll with that, would like someone else opinion too tho

thanks bro

M

mossy

So i realy wont make any bets ob this one
'fraid that is about the best you can hope for.
I have a couple in my mails saying they got ALL AF...
and a few more saying mixed.

I would Have to go with the results from the guy who bred them..
and say that if he got only 3 out of 10 that were actual AF's..
they ain't gonna be 100 % AF.

sorry

Could you not grow and eliminate any non-af's..?
EVERYONE who has grown her say she is CLASS.

Have a great weekend m8...:joint:

Iron Lungs

Im not an indoor grower and where ill be growing these (outdoors..) its either AF baby at this late moment or they go past season and dont have time to finish flowering.. this is why this is so crucial for me grrrr im going mad:confused:

If that is the case why not do a Huge test patch like mossy said and harvest all the auto's? leave the non-autos and move on! Or just dont take the gamble, and buy some AF seeds! :comfort:

Sandnut

If that is the case why not do a Huge test patch like mossy said and harvest all the auto's? leave the non-autos and move on! Or just dont take the gamble, and buy some AF seeds! :comfort:
fuck it, ill go with some seeds that i know are auto for sure :)

Sandnut

'fraid that is about the best you can hope for.
I have a couple in my mails saying they got ALL AF...
and a few more saying mixed.

I would Have to go with the results from the guy who bred them..
and say that if he got only 3 out of 10 that were actual AF's..
they ain't gonna be 100 % AF.

sorry

Could you not grow and eliminate any non-af's..?
EVERYONE who has grown her say she is CLASS.

Have a great weekend m8...:joint:

Sounds intresting, but id rather follow your advice and just go with some true af ak47 seeds, I cba buying 500seeds and have to eliminite non-afs there.. too much work to do already :p

Thx for help bro!

M

mossy

I think that is you best bet. :good:

Are we gonna get to see grow photos..or are you ultra stealth...?

btw..was the P R sold a full AF..or partial..?

Sandnut

I think that is you best bet. :good:

Are we gonna get to see grow photos..or are you ultra stealth...?

btw..was the P R sold a full AF..or partial..?

I doubt im gonna have time to do another run with some AF's this season, where im at mold is really the counter starting this late, but maybe baby. But i already have an outdoor grow going on, with approx 200 non AF but early finishing plants which i started early may.. I guess i'll upload some pics of that one when i get time.

Regarding the Pr seeds from Wos, they were sold as 100% af

M

mossy

I doubt im gonna have time to do another run with some AF's this season, where im at mold is really the counter starting this late, but maybe baby.
Shame..I'm hoping mother nature rewards us with a Balmy autumn in exchange for the spring we were robbed of..
but the way it is going..I'm not betting on it...:biglaugh:

I don't feed my girls if the season is dank and mold prone..
AF + dank + ferts = mold..
If I was really worried..I would probably give the a dilute bicarb spray to..
but that would be a bit harder if you were growing guerilla.

I'd love to see photos.

Regarding the Pr seeds from Wos, they were sold as 100% af
damn...I thought maybe they had been sold as % AF.

Sandnut

Shame..I'm hoping mother nature rewards us with a Balmy autumn in exchange for the spring we were robbed of..
but the way it is going..I'm not betting on it...:biglaugh:

I don't feed my girls if the season is dank and mold prone..
AF + dank + ferts = mold..
If I was really worried..I would probably give the a dilute bicarb spray to..
but that would be a bit harder if you were growing guerilla.

I'd love to see photos.

damn...I thought maybe they had been sold as % AF.

Heh, im hoping so too, even tho im canceling my plans for this season's AF-grow im considering doing a small seed run with some autos, which im planning to use for next summer:)

Im actually going to visit the guerilla spot tomorrow which actually is 2.5hours away from where i live so i'll try to take some quality pics..

And regarding uploading pics on this site, how secure is it? never done it cause i always wanna be on the safe side, im not much of a show off person ; ) I'll add that im not even close from the U.S.

cheers bro

These are the kind of threads that I like. Informative. I am very interested in breeding with auto males to non-auto females but have no experiance. From what I gather in this thread is that you may expect up to 30% autos on the first try? Is that right?

Sorry about the hijack Sandnut. I hope you can forgive me.

Sandnut

These are the kind of threads that I like. Informative. I am very interested in breeding with auto males to non-auto females but have no experiance. From what I gather in this thread is that you may expect up to 30% autos on the first try? Is that right?

Sorry about the hijack Sandnut. I hope you can forgive me.

No harm done texasmonster, That's correct my man, 30% autos out of the first try as far as I know, the hard thing is to make them 100% cause you have to sorta breed the non af genes away thru many generations

lowrdr

the auto gene is a recessive gene so as far as i know you will be lucky to get any auto's in the F1's. F2 is where you will start to get auto's showing through. pick 2 auto's from your F2's and the resulting offspring should be showing even more auto's. pick the best to from the F3's and so on and so on until you get 100% proven auto's.

its not as black and white as that of course but you get the jist

F

fetissijuselius

If you cross an AF with another AF, the seeds will be AFs because it's a recessive trait. It's pure science.