Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi JustGrowing420, certainly latest Nepal Jam generations take more time for clones to produce roots, it's one of the sacrifices a breeder must pay after inbreeding and stabilizing too much certain expression (especially more indica expressions) of a line. The good news is easily recovered bringing back heterosis when the IBL is properly outcrossed.

Comment

Originally posted by dubi View Post
      Hi JustGrowing420, certainly latest Nepal Jam generations take more time for clones to produce roots, it's one of the sacrifices a breeder must pay after inbreeding and stabilizing too much certain expression (especially more indica expressions) of a line. The good news is easily recovered bringing back heterosis when the IBL is properly outcrossed.
      Hey dubi, thanks for the info.
      Nice to know.

As for the flush I remember reading in a book (not cannabis specific) that there are phenotypes that stay green until their end, others that yellow.
      Does that hold true for cannabis also? Fact is we are inducing it technically and not letting the plant go it's full life cycle, so this may be completely unrelated.
      Personally I have not decided yet based on experience. Surely leaf color is a good indication of nutrients left in the plants?
      My garden (current round: Panama Haze, Purple Haze x Malawi & Golden Tiger)

Comment

Hola JustGrowing420, yeah leaf color is a good indication of macronutrient (mainly N) storage in cannabis plants. The fade depends on several factors, like metabolism of each plant, feeding, genetics of the strain ... sometimes happens that females of the same strain fade colors in a different way, so you must adapt the flushing for each plant/case.

Comment

Hola JustGrowing420, yeah leaf color is a good indication of macronutrient (mainly N) storage in cannabis plants. The fade depends on several factors, like metabolism of each plant, feeding, genetics of the strain ... sometimes happens that females of the same strain fade colors in a different way, so you must adapt the flushing for each plant/case.
          You are right, I observed so now that my run is finished. Some remain hungry until the end while others slow down their metabolism considerably so you have to factor in and flush earlier.
          Difficult from seeds when you don't know what to expect!

Comment

here is this nepalese jam that i am growing. it showed me many surprises during all stages, but this is too much ahaha! it looks ready at day 42 of 12/12. i think trichomes are probably 50/50 clear-milky, but it is very hard to look for them under hps, so i have to check those heads again when it's night. well, nepjam, it is.. it's very huge plant and probably double-sized to others.. wow!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	786
Size:	514.2 KB
ID:	17872103

Name:	3.png
Views:	771
Size:	522.0 KB
ID:	17872104

Name:	4.png
Views:	772
Size:	486.4 KB
ID:	17872105

Name:	5.png
Views:	781
Size:	542.8 KB
ID:	17872106
            unfortunately i just deleted important picture which has look to colours, but it has dark-purple signs on leaves. so is this nepalese phenotype then?
            trust, hope & love - rich even not wealthy - real life sloth - enlightened during born or before that

Comment

Originally posted by wutwut View Post
              here is this nepalese jam that i am growing. it showed me many surprises during all stages, but this is too much ahaha! it looks ready at day 42 of 12/12. i think trichomes are probably 50/50 clear-milky, but it is very hard to look for them under hps, so i have to check those heads again when it's night. well, nepjam, it is.. it's very huge plant and probably double-sized to others.. wow!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	24 Size:	514.2 KB ID:	17872103

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.png Views:	23 Size:	522.0 KB ID:	17872104

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.png Views:	23 Size:	486.4 KB ID:	17872105

Click image for larger version  Name:	5.png Views:	23 Size:	542.8 KB ID:	17872106
              unfortunately i just deleted important picture which has look to colours, but it has dark-purple signs on leaves. so is this nepalese phenotype then?
              Nice nice. Looks like Nepalese. I think that after so many generations selecting for this, it's difficult to find a Jamaican pheno.

Some shots of mine dried:

Name:	nj5 buds.JPG
Views:	785
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	17872289

Name:	nj5 dry bud.JPG
Views:	812
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	17872291
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JustGrowing420 View Post

Nice nice. Looks like Nepalese. I think that after so many generations selecting for this, it's difficult to find a Jamaican pheno.

Some shots of mine dried:

Name:	nj5 buds.JPG
Views:	785
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	17872289

Name:	nj5 dry bud.JPG
Views:	812
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	17872291
                yes it looks kinda same as yours :P i think i'm going to chop her at same time as you did.

Name:	1.png
Views:	739
Size:	508.7 KB
ID:	17872645
                here you can see that colour change on leaf.
                trust, hope & love - rich even not wealthy - real life sloth - enlightened during born or before that

Comment

Originally posted by wutwut View Post
                  it has dark-purple signs on leaves. so is this nepalese phenotype then?
                  Hi wutwut, yep, the colorful very early flowering expressions are the more dominant Nepalese phenos that i have been inbreeding the line for since 2014.
                  They can be harvested after just 7 weeks of flowering as you are experiencing.

Really tempting buds JustGrowing420 look very resinous and tasty, well done! Now time to enjoy!
                  Please, let us know your opinion after a bit of curing and once you are more familiarized with its qualities and vibes.

Comment

Hi wutwut, yep, the colorful very early flowering expressions are the more dominant Nepalese phenos that i have been inbreeding the line for since 2014.
                    They can be harvested after just 7 weeks of flowering as you are experiencing.

Really tempting buds JustGrowing420 look very resinous and tasty, well done! Now time to enjoy!
                    Please, let us know your opinion after a bit of curing and once you are more familiarized with its qualities and vibes.
                    I am quite familiar with the version around 2013-2015, I enjoyed four different phenotypes, the best one looked almost exactly like my #2 plant from a few posts back.
                    Unfortunately as #2 was the first to be ready, it is now all gone, before even getting a chance to cure
                    The one in the photo is #4. Already after about two weeks some fruity sweet and sour notes start to make their appearance, more in the taste than the smell of the buds.
                    I will report back after finishing my jars, I should have a good opinion by then!

Comment

This dwarf Nepalese Jam fem leaned towards the Jamaican as far as looks, but Nepalese for terpenes. Pretty much one huge nug. I froze and washed the whole plant, then pressed it into rosin, my first time doing the process myself. I did save some as hash to enjoy the traditional way. I have some wishful clones that I'm hoping will reveg as I would love to see it vegged a bit bigger. Creamy, slightly minty flavor and it really prickles the nose.

Comment

Name:	nj.png
Views:	509
Size:	530.5 KB
ID:	17883096Click image for larger version

Name:	nj-q.png
Views:	514
Size:	534.0 KB
ID:	17883097
                        week 8 - yam yam

Comment

Wowza 5alamander those hashes made from Nepal Jam looks simply Very impressive!
                          It is stated in Nepal Jam strain description that is a great strain to produce hash, not many paid attention to this, glad you tried it

wutwut time for chop chop!

Comment

final photos of the grow. i'm bit late to share them because they are already in the jars, hehe. i let her go 9 full weeks, but i took some testers before last chop. she is nicely resinous and i successfully got a clone of her. smoke was very fine for me, it is not too strong but perfect for summertime chilling out.

Name:	1.png
Views:	370
Size:	515.9 KB
ID:	17891977

Name:	2.png
Views:	359
Size:	495.6 KB
ID:	17891978

Name:	3.png
Views:	364
Size:	503.7 KB
ID:	17891979

Name:	5.png
Views:	365
Size:	612.7 KB
ID:	17891980

Comment

Really great resins on your colorful Nepalese leaning pheno wutwut
                              Nepal Jam is perfect when you want well focused, clean , uplifting positive effects, and a tasty sweet creamy smoke Enjoy!

Comment

As I'm smoking on the last grams of my Nepal Jam harvest I feel I can leave a little smoke report.

All the curing they managed to get is a little more than two months.

Out of 4 plants, 2 were really good, the other two not so interesting in comparison.

One was very smooth creamy herbal-hashy smoke, coating your mouth with some floral notes at the end of the puff. Unfortunately this one didn't get to cure at all but if it was this good freshly dried, I can imagine a little cure would make it even better.

The other interesting one started as sweet herbal but light taste, after curing there appeared some sour fruity notes like mango or bit unripe orange, herbal taste intensified also.

The other two were mostly herbal, pretty indifferent smell to be honest, that didn't translate really well to taste.

High at first seemed strong but as tolerance built it has become a really mellow smoke, great for when you don't want to get wrecked.
                                It has been my morning go-to smoke with coffee or smoke sessions with friends early in the day.

Also made some bubble hash from mixed strains but mostly nepal jam that turned out really good, I'm sure it played a role in this.

Comment

Working...
                                X