What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Malawi Haze

Zomboy

Veteran
Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread anywhere but has anyone grown out any of the regular seed version of the super malawi haze?

What differences can be expected from the regular version versus the feminized version?

FletchF.Fletch

420club
I just finished growing out 5 Regulars. 2 were Males, 3 were females with 1 of each pheno as described by ACE. Start to finish took 4 months for the fast two and an extra 4 weeks for the Beast indoors at 12/12 the entire cycle. Malawi pheno finishing first, then the Neville's Haze pheno, and last was the one I call the Vining Take over everything pheno. I stressed them a bit during early flower and caused some leaf issues. I was experimenting with Rockwool mulched with Coco croutons, slow release fertilizer, and just tap water. The plants were very forgiving as I fumbled my way through a new method. Never once were there any Intersex/Hermaphroditic expressions on any of the 3 plants even though there were periods of stress. All plants yielded heavily with an exceptional haul from the Giant one, which was the only one that saw any pruning after it grew 2 ft out of the tent. Dried and curing now.

Expect fewer Male plants from the Fems. :dance013:

Last edited:

Zomboy

Veteran
I just finished growing out 5 Regulars. 2 were Males, 3 were females with 1 of each pheno as described by ACE. Start to finish took 4 months for the fast two and an extra 4 weeks for the Beast indoors at 12/12 the entire cycle. Malawi pheno finishing first, then the Neville's Haze pheno, and last was the one I call the Vining Take over everything pheno. I stressed them a bit during early flower and caused some leaf issues. I was experimenting with Rockwool mulched with Coco croutons, slow release fertilizer, and just tap water. The plants were very forgiving as I fumbled my way through a new method. Never once were there any Intersex/Hermaphroditic expressions on any of the 3 plants even though there were periods of stress. All plants yielded heavily with an exceptional haul from the Giant one, which was the only one that saw any pruning after it grew 2 ft out of the tent. Dried and curing now.

Expect fewer Male plants from the Fems. ??

Haha thought that part went without saying. Thanks tho

Clearly there is a difference between reversed female pollen of a selected cut that you know the quality of as opposed to regular male pollen used. Just wanted to see if there was any noticeable difference noticed by someone that has grown both the regs and fems

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Zomboy,

Both Super Malawi Haze regular and fem releases use the same Nevil's Haze mother from Yo Sammy, the difference it's in the pollen donor.
The fem version uses a Killler Malawi elite mother (reversed), while the regular version uses a Malawi male (brother of the New Killer mother).

Both versions produce very similar phenotypes and outcome, the fem version is probably better choice to select mothers since it has a higher % of remarkable plants due to being bred with Malawi Killer elite female. And the regular version is more interesting if you want to find males to breed with.

Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread anywhere but has anyone grown out any of the regular seed version of the super malawi haze?

What differences can be expected from the regular version versus the feminized version?

Zomboy

Veteran
Hi Zomboy,

Both Super Malawi Haze regular and fem releases use the same Nevil's Haze mother from Yo Sammy, the difference it's in the pollen donor.
The fem version uses a Killler Malawi elite mother (reversed), while the regular version uses a Malawi male (brother of the New Killer mother).

Both versions produce very similar phenotypes and outcome, the fem version is probably better choice to select mothers since it has a higher % of remarkable plants due to being bred with Malawi Killer elite female. And the regular version is more interesting if you want to find males to breed with.

Thanks dubi!

Yo Sammy

Veteran

Expect fewer Male plants from the Fems. :dance013:

Thanks for this info, much appreciated.
Mentioned exceptional phenotypical expressions in this line are priceless in any way possible.
Hope you help enlighten us about their potencies.
Thanks

Ncali

Veteran
Starting to pack on calyx. Some citrus and maybe Franky smells

attachment.php

Attachments

• PXL_20210216_143450603.jpg
    PXL_20210216_143450603.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 55

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Thanks for this info, much appreciated.
Mentioned exceptional phenotypical expressions in this line are priceless in any way possible.
Hope you help enlighten us about their potencies.
Thanks

Wow, Thanks a lot Yo Sammy!! Major thanks to you for your contributions to and help in developing this Incredible strain.

Potency is Stellar. Will do a full Smoke Report after a little curing time. Even now after just a few weeks it is STRONG!!

madb

Hi all hope everyone is well and their gardens are thriving 🌱🌱

Would anyone mind looking at my Super Malawi Haze and weighing in on which phenotype it might be? I'm thinking it's the haze phenotype just based on the look of it. She's a wild beast lol.

Attachments

• 20210319_135740.jpg
    20210319_135740.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 58

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Hi all hope everyone is well and their gardens are thriving 🌱🌱

Would anyone mind looking at my Super Malawi Haze and weighing in on which phenotype it might be? I'm thinking it's the haze phenotype just based on the look of it. She's a wild beast lol.

An absolute beautiful plant!
By appearance so far i would say yours has very Haze dominant traits although smoking it in the end will clear out if its potency leans to Haze or Malawi.
Either way it looks very promising.
Keep her happy, she’s a stunner!

madb

An absolute beautiful plant!
By appearance so far i would say yours has very Haze dominant traits although smoking it in the end will clear out if its potency leans to Haze or Malawi.
Either way it looks very promising.
Keep her happy, she’s a stunner!

Thanks Sammy,

Really appreciate your feedback 👍

I just went out and took a few more photos. Definitely very hazy.

20210320_113156.jpg
20210320_113149.jpg
​​​​
20210320_113135.jpg

Attachments

• 20210320_113116.jpg
    20210320_113116.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 41

ipchains

Balanced NH x Malawi pheno.

Shoutout to MAHA KALA - Bro, every oldschool friend of mine (included myself) have that special Neville's ear-ringing high 😂
20200714_214608.jpg
20200712_003546.jpg

ipchains

NH x Malawi pheno is strongest of the bunch 😃 It's already cured for 9 months and is absolutely scary, you have to treat her with respect 😉 Otherwise, my mighty Gelato/icecream/smoothy/chocolate/other marketing shit friends are experiencing strong paranoya with her majesty lol

I'm remembering dude whining in KA5 thread about not meeting todays 'standards' 😂😂 Have to answer - these genes are for real, I've dreamed to have an opportunity to grow a direct descendant of Neville's stock.

Thank you Dubi and Sammy for such a wonderful cultivar. :thank you:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi everyone!

Ncali and madb yours looks like the almost pure Haze phenotype in early flowering, it's going to be really interesting to evaluate their development. 😁

Great show ipchains :) I cannot appreciate the flowering structures and type of resins in detail in the pics to fully identify the phenos, but yeah both look like good yielding, more tamed and indoor friendly expressions than the almost pure Haze pheno. How are they aromas ? What are the most noticeable differences on each plant ?

bajode5 I think yours has the potential to be a good yielding pheno, but unfortunately reached flowering stage being rootbound, losing leaves and with not very desirable structure to hold later the weight of the buds. I would recommend you to transplant to a bigger pot with new rich soil so the plant has more nutrients, space for the roots and less ph-ec unbalances to face a more favourable flowering. Shore up the branches to avoid they break during a storm or by the weight.

Pédetoddy :) is a clone, right ? Hope it can produce some good growth before the flowering, otherwise it will ripen faster, but won't go through all the proper flowering stages.

Ncali

Veteran
Going to take longer than we expected. As we often do with these longer flowering types, she is tucked to the corner to finish. We were not expecting her to lean SO heavily haze. We may reveg for a clone/mom, she could be better treated next time.

They are dense in the trichrome coverage. Smells are wood, Franky, maybe developing some lime/bitter citrus. It's nice. Throwing out new pistils, as to be expected.
IMG 20180409 230940
PXL_20210402_035548080.PORTRAIT-02.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20210402_035555225.jpg

Thanks yo Sammy and ACE team. Cool plant.:thank you:

I'd really like to try a C5 or haze C hybrid. Everytime i start growing these haze I get haze bug. Once I smell them, I just want to grow more haze.:yummy: