What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai from Chiang Mai

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Awesome dubi! I was looking forward to this one. If I'm not mistaken this is the one I checked out on Phylos and it came out looking identical to Thaistick.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Awesome dubi! I was looking forward to this one. If I'm not mistaken this is the one I checked out on Phylos and it came out looking identical to Thaistick.

it looks authentic for sure, you will grow it? :D

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you are all excited about this new pure Thai release :) We are just working on the last details for its release in January 2022.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
So now I'm seeing a strong resemblance in my recent Thai x Panama and the plant you posted at the beginning of the thread. A great smoke btw, very enjoyable. Can't wait for the upcoming Thai project!

sativaman514

I have ordered some Thai and was waiting for some room in my tents...

Finally, 2 seeds were put in paper towel for germination earlier today. I will be posting some updates to share about my Thai Chiang Mai.

Attachments

• IMG_2784.JPG
    IMG_2784.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2785.JPG
    IMG_2785.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2786.JPG
    IMG_2786.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 70

sativaman514

Both seed grew a tap root in the first 24 to 36 hrs. They were place in soil, and both broke surface in the following days. Sadly one did not survived it's 3rd night, the stem turned brown and plant wilted.
The one left is healthy and happy, under 12-12 in a flowering tent. I will veg her under 20-4 in about a week. Rh is very low, around 30% day and night. Considering the far from optimal environment, internode space and stretch are manageable

Attachments

• IMG_2852.JPG
    IMG_2852.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2851.JPG
    IMG_2851.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2850.JPG
    IMG_2850.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 71

sativaman514

sativaman514 pop a few more, just in case ;)
This is not the best time of the year to grow here, as temps will soon hit 35°C, with heavy humidity, almost always in the 60-75%. Not bad for Thai, but more plants means more light, more humidity and more heat. I am already pushing my old electric panel by using a lot of amps in the summer. AC is a must. And as I live in the city, outdoor is not an option because of all the light pollution.
Plus, I've just harvest over 2 pounds of premium Zamaldelica from only 3 plants, and I am sitting on a few pounds of other strains, almost all ACE stuff.
I really Love growing marijuana! This is the main reason I am doing this run. But I am making a promise : when summer will be ending, I will start 2 full tents, one with Thai Chiang Mai, the other with Golden Tiger x A5Haze.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ehhehehe glad you have enough jars full of Zamaldelica for upcoming months sativaman514 ;)

I would not recommend to grow pure Thai indoors unless you are a fanatic of tropical sativa landraces and an experienced grower of this style of plants, or unless you are doing indoor runs for preservation purposes or selections for breeding. Golden Tiger, Thai Chi and Thai x Panama work great indoors and contain half Thai genetics.

sativaman514

Thanks for the reply and the kind warning Dubi! After all, this is a vendor forum, and not listening to the breeder would be madness. So these words of wisdom from Dubi should to be taken seriously by every growers and enthusiasts!

Put me in the Fanatic list, Dubi! I am looking for a long term Love story with this one. I am dedicated. This plant will have a 4x4x7 with 520w of lm301h light boards. If this is a girl, I expect an harvest late September. If I get a male, I will let him fully ripen and collect the pollen for preservation, and do a few pollen chuck.

What do I expect out of this? I want to smoke some pure Thai man. Yield, time and resources involved are the last of my worries. I want to put my hand on some genuine Thai genetics, like I said, both personal use, or preservation, future projects, (Iam only 39yrs old!) and do a few pollen chuck on future elite plants. I also want a fun summer grow, that will tolerate heat and humidity. Current pantry includes Panama, Congo, Bublawi, Zamaldelica, Malawi, KaliChina, KA5H, and a few others from non-ACE decent breeders... so at this point, I am probably mostly growing for fun =)

btw, if any of you have advice, I am all hears. Plan is to transplant soon in a 5 gals container, lightly amended with Kelp meal, and bury down the stem to second set of leaves, let it grow 1 or 2 more nodes. and top once. Then, letting side branches grow just a bit, and flip. Tying down branches as they grow to keep everything even, and transplant in final 15 gals container about 3-4 weeks after flower formation. I plan to use dry amendments mix at 2 tbs per gal of soil. I will keep temps in the 25-28°C with 55-65% RH. Other parts of the plan is being ready to adapt.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
that's beautiful sativaman514 that's why these pure lines are being released (no matter how difficult to grow or long flowering they are), so others can experience a good pure Thai and use the genetics for their own breeding so hopefully new interesting sativa hybrids can be developed, or at least the experience and genetics can enrich growers with new endeavours!

Your plan and growing variables sound good. If your indoor speace is limited, keep the Thai in a small pot until early flowering stretching is over, then transplant her (if she is a female) to bigger pot for the rest of the flowering.

sativaman514

Just over 1 month from seed, here is my Thai Chiang Mai. This is real mate. Fastest start ever, growing any plant.

It should be near 2 ft tall. She receives a good breeze of air in a ultimate effort to have a stockier structure, but with very little noticeable effects. Plant was kindly transplanted about a week ago in a 6 L container, and buried down over the first node. Despite this she stands at over 18 inches today.

New plan is to wait just a few more days, top and flip before the end of the week. Final container should be a 7 gal, No way I'll put this in a 15 gals.

IMG_2873.JPG IMG_2874.JPG IMG_2876.JPG

sativaman514

IT'S A BOY !!! His trunk smells musky, with celery seeds and tomato plant under notes. Fan leaves are huge. Topping helped to slow down growth, but the new top branches are still growing strongly and pretty much at vertical. I will tie them down to try to keep everything as even as possible.
Having a male to start is not a bad thing. I will have some knowledge and experience with the strain to help me get better results when I'll be dealing with a fem.
IMG_2893.JPG IMG_2894.JPG