What's new

Panama

OZZ_

Veteran
Ozz
Great job on the Panama. I had a run with them a while back with a freebie pack of regular seed. As I recall, Dubi used the the Goddess both as a female and a male in making this cross. Having grown Pan. x Bangi Haze many times I saw the Goddess influence. In the Panama, I had what you are calling a red and a green. The green showed more of a pine cone shaped cola that always had a late reflowering. The green produced more mass. The red pistil pheno was more rounded in shape and not prone to the late flowering. The red finished a bit quicker than the green. Great yield, just a little less than the green.

The big difference I found was in the high. The red was a hard hitter right out of the box. Mellowed with a good cure. I referred to it as the confused high. A friend grew a clone of this red outdoors last summer. Could have gone a week longer but weather got in the way. He and I tried it two weeks after harvest and we both said the same thing. Enjoyed being stupid for a while.

The green had a cleaner high even before a good cure.

In looking at your photos I see the Goddess influence throughout. Better Dubi to comment and correct me if I'm wrong.

His use of the Goddess in many bleeding lines shows how he values what it makes.

Would be interested in how you compare the effects of the Panama to the Pan. x Oxa. How did the yield compare? More of a lemon smell in the straight Panama? Again, thanks for the updates.

I appreciate the info Lotto. Your experiences mimick my own. I grew a red pheno a few years ago and it’s hugely ironic you say it made you stupid because that’s what the wife and I called it too. We called it the stupid weed lol, would make us dumb as a box of rocks can’t even figure out how to screw in a light bulb haha

Red eyed munchy madness too. Very stony but with a pyschedelic component to it too. I loved it for that.

I have not tried a green Panama pheno as of yet so it will be great to compare.

The Panama x Oaxacan is nice smoke. Not a dense high like the Panama red from before, not heavy either but it does have that dreamy component to it with what I would call a mild come down. Nice happy feel good buzz that’s functional. It’s nice day time smoke.

The terps on the Panama x Oaxacan are really nice. The Lemon does not get lost by any means and I might even go so far as to say it’s MORE prominent than even in some of these pure Panama phenos. Lemony soda pop “effervescence”. Best way I can describe it. The Panama red I grew a few years ago was also lemon, but it had an astringent component to it like lemon pledge furniture polish or a cleaner of some sort whereas the Panama x Oaxacan I have here is more like cracking a can of lemon lime soda pop.

I am re-running the Panama x Oaxacan again because I don’t think I gave her a fair shot, I went away for a trip and she got starved while I was away and yellowed out severely during that time, for about ten days right during Peak flowering weeks 5-7. Still she put out nice colas. They are not near as dense as the pure Panama colas, from what I’m seeing anyway. But they were covered in trichs and of a more airy fox tailing Sativa bud structure.

The Panama green #2 from this run looks very very similar in bud structure, but seems more dense than the Panama x Oaxacan. But physically they look very similar, that’s why I’m questioning my green #2 as possibly the green goddess, because I know ACE used the green goddess in the Panama x Oaxacan too so since the two are so similar in appearance I’m wondering if that might mean that’s the one. I’ll post some pics of the Panama x Oaxacan in the next reply below

OZZ_

Veteran
Click image for larger version  Name:	07F7EDE9-7E5C-4387-99F7-4BCF6D6A30AA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	133.7 KB ID:	18042746 Click image for larger version  Name:	BB87CCD7-25AC-4EB3-9B62-2EEE9AE16CF0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	152.5 KB ID:	18042745 Click image for larger version  Name:	07F7EDE9-7E5C-4387-99F7-4BCF6D6A30AA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	133.7 KB ID:	18042746 Click image for larger version  Name:	BB87CCD7-25AC-4EB3-9B62-2EEE9AE16CF0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	152.5 KB ID:	18042745

Panama x Oaxacan

A few pics of the trimmed colas in next reply

Attachments

• 07F7EDE9-7E5C-4387-99F7-4BCF6D6A30AA.jpeg
    07F7EDE9-7E5C-4387-99F7-4BCF6D6A30AA.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 67

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks Ozz for the laugh. Being stupid is an inherent quality I possess. Think I'll go smoke a bowl.

:D Lol! There’s a time and a place for everything! Bahahaha…

I really enjoyed the Stoney attributes of the red phenos. It works well to shut off my over active brain, sit with your hand in a bag of chips and forget your own name for awhile lol. All that said, there still definitely is a Sativa quality about the high even though it is stony. It didn’t remind me of modern day hybrids stones in any way. I have several dispensaries right around us and have modern day dispensary strains around us every where.

Anyway now I’m just rambling, really love what the ACE crew is doing with these strains and I love these breeder packs. Might need to go pick up the Malawi Breeders pack now :headbange

Mayve the Kali China one too :D​​​​​​​

wutwut

Veteran
^ incredible

made some cannbutter with coconut oil. wow. i didn't realize this until now. the butter is very powerful because it has trims from 10 different phenos of panama - but also cbd #1 ( thc:cbd / 2,5 : 1 )
i am used to phenos 1 and 2, but this all other is very new for me. wow. i'm feeling up-going waves on my face to hair haha. now i understand something about sativa - it really hits, when it kick..

found some photos;
1-4.png
r7.png

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
^ incredible

made some cannbutter with coconut oil. wow. i didn't realize this until now. the butter is very powerful because it has trims from 10 different phenos of panama - but also cbd #1 ( thc:cbd / 2,5 : 1 )
i am used to phenos 1 and 2, but this all other is very new for me. wow. i'm feeling up-going waves on my face to hair haha. now i understand something about sativa - it really hits, when it kick..

found some photos;

That’s a beauty as well wutwut!! Cannabutter for the win! :dance013:

OZZ_

Veteran
This is my first try with coco coir. I’m running a single clone off my panama red keeper from my pheno hunt (pheno #2) in a 4 gallon autopot filled with coir and perilite. Canna coco A/b nutes, with canna boost and PK 13/14 for flowering stages.

She’s got the entire 4x4 and a HLG-600 Rspec all to herself, I’m going to veg her huge before flip and train her to cover the entire tent. Can we get a one pound plant off of a first try with coco coir? Probably not but I’m going to try!!! Muahahahaaaaa

:biglaugh::rtfo::good:

Click image for larger version  Name:	21DD5CF9-2E01-44BE-BBBA-034797B2F3A3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	115.3 KB ID:	18069827

Click image for larger version  Name:	F8EED9A3-B344-426C-95D2-3625F337D62B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	135.6 KB ID:	18069828

Attachments

• 21DD5CF9-2E01-44BE-BBBA-034797B2F3A3.jpeg
    21DD5CF9-2E01-44BE-BBBA-034797B2F3A3.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 56
  • F8EED9A3-B344-426C-95D2-3625F337D62B.jpeg
    F8EED9A3-B344-426C-95D2-3625F337D62B.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 58

Lotto

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
This is my first try with coco coir. I’m running a single clone off my panama red keeper from my pheno hunt (pheno #2) in a 4 gallon autopot filled with coir and perilite. Canna coco A/b nutes, with canna boost and PK 13/14 for flowering stages.

She’s got the entire 4x4 and a HLG-600 Rspec all to herself, I’m going to veg her huge before flip and train her to cover the entire tent. Can we get a one pound plant off of a first try with coco coir? Probably not but I’m going to try!!! Muahahahaaaaa

:biglaugh::rtfo::good:

filedata/fetch?id=18069827&d=1644555154

filedata/fetch?id=18069828&d=1644587470

Ozz
I'm also still playing with the red, which I also call #2. Rooted a cutting from an outdoor plant in Sept. last summer. Took many months to get a plant healthy enough to flower. More cuttings taken but they struggle.

The plant I put into flower is now being dusted with Vman's Mountain Gold male. Mexican x Hawaiian onto the Panama. If this red pheno is carrying Ace's Goddess #10 as a parent something good might show up.

OZZ_

Veteran
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Ozz
I'm also still playing with the red, which I also call #2. Rooted a cutting from an outdoor plant in Sept. last summer. Took many months to get a plant healthy enough to flower. More cuttings taken but they struggle.

The plant I put into flower is now being dusted with Vman's Mountain Gold male. Mexican x Hawaiian onto the Panama. If this red pheno is carrying Ace's Goddess #10 as a parent something good might show up.

Sounds like an excellent genetic mashup, no doubt you’ll have fun hunting through those.

I was fortunate in that all mine have rooted quite willingly and have proven to be fairly hardy, the backup clones off my Breeders pack pheno hunt stayed rootbound in 1 liter pots for around 4 months…. In soil. Towards the end they did start getting pretty unhappy but by that time I had harvested the hunt and had made my selection keeping red #2

Will be keeping a mother plant in coco for the time being as I’m reworking my mother and clone area :D

Best of luck with your hunt Lotto! Hope you find some gems in there! :good:

goingrey

Put this picture up in post # 2676 a couple days ago. Today it was gone. Haven't got a clue as to why it disappeared. It was clear and now it's blurred. Shows up fine on my end before it's loaded. filedata/fetch?id=18072143&d=1644772861

Don't see it on post 2676 either but looks good to me on this one. Not blurry at all where in focus (just need to click on it first to see the full res version, not the thumbnail). Beautiful pink pistilled girl!

Edit: this is how I see it:
fetch

Lotto

Don't see it on post 2676 either but looks good to me on this one. Not blurry at all where in focus (just need to click on it first to see the full res version, not the thumbnail). Beautiful pink pistilled girl!

Edit: this is how I see it:
fetch

Thanks G, you're right, not blurry for me either. Just curious as to why it went away.

goingrey

Thanks G, you're right, not blurry for me either. Just curious as to why it went away.

It's happened to me once too and I see posts where you'd expect a photo without one every now an then. Just some glitch with the forum software, I think it's the reason why they are testing the new software now.

OZZ_

Veteran
Panama red coco/autopot test grow continues.

Shes currently vegging away happily at 1.2-1.3 EC. Will start training this week on her, to get her spread out as wide as possible. :good:

A30F652C-1A70-470D-8FA7-57503B02A7CB.jpeg

CF7AAF21-3692-4715-ADB9-A8EB5D0E1D49.jpeg

Attachments

• CF7AAF21-3692-4715-ADB9-A8EB5D0E1D49.jpeg
    CF7AAF21-3692-4715-ADB9-A8EB5D0E1D49.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 73
  • photo2113513.jpg
    photo2113513.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 68