What's new

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

Lester Moore

Veteran
Thanks for the input. Not sure if this helps but this is the clone I have of her. Think I'll give it another go...double check for light leaks and cross my fingers. I am new to sativas so I really appreciate any/all input.

Attachments

• PXL_20211024_230004390.jpg
    PXL_20211024_230004390.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 26
  • PXL_20211024_225924281.jpg
    PXL_20211024_225924281.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 23

HCMPA

The clone looks like malawi killer pheno (longer floweriing), they start slow, really slow (5 or 6 first weeks) mid and ahead flowering tend to go faster, if you show me the one that is outside I could be of more help, otherwise wait for ppl with more indoor experience

regards

Lester Moore

Veteran
This one went out very late cline the mother in the greenhouse. I think I was just not patient enough indoors....I'll try again and hopefully have something to share at some point. Thanks again!

Attachments

• PXL_20211026_005238590.jpg
    PXL_20211026_005238590.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 28

Subu

First plant now curing (approx 2.5oz, not all pictured here) - I didn't do a good job of trimming it. I found it very hard probably largely because it has thin sativa leaves which are sporadically placed but also because I dried it with nearly all leaves still on the plant. Also I have been too exhausted from other aspects of life to bother putting in the ~4-5 hour trim this plant may have deserved. Luckily I can retrim later if I decide to.

The large trichomes are noticeable in person, it's almost like looking at glow worms or crystal balls or something when you shine a light on the buds. The smell has definitely evolved in the drying process - I will attempt to describe it once I have more time to reflect on it.

Second plant will likely finish in mid/late week 17.

efutXH3.jpg

HCMPA

gz SUbu, enjoy it!

I'm just grow for me, and I'm not a picky one, I always wet trim fan leaves, and will trim a bit some sugar leaves more prominent and thats all, I only vape it, but some friends smoke it and we are all happy that way xD but its just my way because I love to vape natural flowers the most

regards

Lester Moore

Veteran
Looking good subu! Hope I can get there at some point. I am trying again. I am determined to get this right! I think my issue might have been starting from seed, to much nitrogen in the soil and lack of patience. So this time I am going clone in coco/ soil combo with some amendments. And lots of patience. Hope I have something interesting to share in 8-10 weeks.
PXL_20211101_032231871.jpg

blondie

My “malawi” is curing in 4 quart sized mason jars. I didn’t weigh, but could have crammed into three jars. I am thinking that the mother was not a Malawi or some very rare weird skunk phenotype. I really don’t know how this could be but the smell wafting up from the jars is skunk dominant. This is the only thing that makes sense. I’m not really complaining, but making a statement. I do think this is a Malawi father as it’s the only male I’ve had in quite some time. Some images attached.
AAB19983-9D93-44DE-ACDE-75D8F3CD533E.jpeg

Attachments

• 4BB6E9A0-5DEC-4653-B9A9-9F61E1DCC25D.jpeg
    4BB6E9A0-5DEC-4653-B9A9-9F61E1DCC25D.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 39

HCMPA

My “malawi” is curing in 4 quart sized mason jars. I didn’t weigh, but could have crammed into three jars. I am thinking that the mother was not a Malawi or some very rare weird skunk phenotype. I really don’t know how this could be but the smell wafting up from the jars is skunk dominant. This is the only thing that makes sense. I’m not really complaining, but making a statement. I do think this is a Malawi father as it’s the only male I’ve had in quite some time. Some images attached.
filedata/fetch?id=17980281&d=1635804304filedata/fetch?id=17980283&d=1635804304filedata/fetch?id=17980284&d=1635804304

I just take a look back on your pics on this plant and it dosen't seems so Malawi to me, but I'm just an student of all matters and master of none.

As per smells, I have two diferent phenos, both have late in flowering "light" milk cream/shake (is like a milk shake with two drops of honey and a litle fruit there, maybe kiwi, apple IDK is very delicate and hard to pin), being this creamy yum yum smell much more pungent in the fruity pheno, wich main smell is IMO a mix between perfect riped mango as main smell, the cream as 2nd smell and easy to spot oil in the background, can't say if there is any pine in there because this oil mix with the pine in a way that is not easy to me to identify, the killer pheno have a main smell somethin between oil, pine/wet haygrass that get really powerfull from mid flowering, but still there I smeel in the backgrounbd this cream much more delicate and less defined, I really like this powerfull killer pheno smell, and as much close to it, the best it smell :p

I remember how the raw/fresh milk in the spring taste and smell, back in the days when all cows live in the outdoors, and by this time of the year the milk is really yellow, but it smells of all flowers, it smeel like spring, is a fairly close smell to that cream.

regards

HCMPA

Rain and winds last 4 days, nothing crazy, looks like my Malawis cut through this unpleasent weather easy, night temps will go under 10º celsius in the next days, not very common around here this time of the year :cry:

Malawi #1 is geting weight, she stacked nicely, feeding her bio flores 2x times every week at mid dose.

Malawi #2 is having a hard time to keep upward, her colas are heavy already, she is geting only plain water, looks like around 3 weeks to harvest :clock watch:

Hope to chop both by maturity not by weather, last year the last plant I choped was a chocalate haze (12 of November), there was already two mold spots on her, but she was perfectly done, I hope to have same luck this year

regards.

m1_a02nov.jpg

m1_b02nov.jpg

m1_c02nov.jpg

m2_a02nov.jpg

m2_b02nov.jpg

m2_c02nov.jpg

Cactus Squatter

If anyone has a guess at what Pheno I have going, I’d love to know.
This is from the standard/regular seed packs.
I originally tried to run this plant indoors last spring. After around 6 weeks at 11/13 she finally showed 1 solitary female preflower and was so far behind anything else I had to pull her. I stuck her outside and she’s grown all summer. If she stood upright she’d be a massive Bush of branches about 7 feet tall, but all of the branches are long and thin and lay out flat to the sides.
Flowering came on extremely slow and has only started to bulk up more this week.
Smell is like fruit gum. No oily hints or anything else. Just a light fruity gum smell, and early morning almost a cherry candy syrup smell. all of my other Malawi crosses have a distinct oily smell to them.

This plant also came up as a seedling with dark purple leaves underneath until the first set of true leaves. So far no purple has shown on the plant in flower even with temps dipping into the mid 40s at night.

E50E2E19-74C9-49BA-9DC0-B037808E5D7D.jpeg
B6419724-1593-45F6-9FD5-2CBBE8121681.jpeg

Attachments

• B6419724-1593-45F6-9FD5-2CBBE8121681.jpeg
    B6419724-1593-45F6-9FD5-2CBBE8121681.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 43

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi HCMPA, your outdoor Malawis are having a good development, hopefully they will be ripe enough for a mid-late November harvest :yes:

sounds delicious Cactus Squatter :yummy: there are indeed appealing and more refined terpene profiles in our pure Malawi line, they are not the norm since my priority in first Malawi breeding generations was focused on stabilizing extreme potency, THC content and huge trichomes over any other traits, but you will also easily find appealing aromatic individuals in our Malawi line by growing just a few plants.

HCMPA

Thx DUbi, I'm afraid of low temps in nights, but in advance I suply some kelp+ DIY aloe vera (last week), it works fairly well in the past, they both looks nice and healthy after 2 cold nights, fingers crossed, I will hold till the end!!! :dueling:

Subu

My other Malawi week 16 day 6 of flowering.

It has had some bud rot issues so I already chopped off about 8-10 grams dried equivalent (mostly thrown away, some frozen for edibles). I can't believe how big the buds got....... The bud in the top of the photo had about 1/5 of it cut off due to rot from high rh and it is still HUGE.

Planning to chop soon as I know more rot is likely due to how long I ran it at high rh and how close it is now.

CXM4Vin.jpg

IgfPv2x.jpg

Last edited:

HCMPA

My Malawi, under 11/13, has grown 4 inches since10/30......... I think I better put my seatbelt on :skiiing:

i only germinate indoor and plant on a mini greenhouse around April (weather wise), this year I has my Malawis till first week of August in 30L/7gal fabric pots, then to a 40 gallons/150l, next year I'm going to give them unlimited space with some raised beds or just holes, they stretch a lot specially roots

REGARDS

HCMPA

I like to know about high/effects on fruits phenos, mine is getting closer, very few amber trichs, but lots of milk, she stink something btw mango and daisy flowers, a bit incense too, rippening is being slow and really equal, lovely rippening, I try her today, let one nug 2 days ago drying it naturaly and vaping/chillun it, it was CLEAN, it can cut and erase whatever you'd smoked before, very uplifting, floating, a bit visual painting but mild by my experience, body is amazing, it kick there fast and absolutely perfect for back or arm/legs pains, is very warn and youthful body sensation that push you a little, I tried it around 12pm, sleep nicely from 15pm to 17pm and wake up feeling high, clean, relaxed, can't say to much because last couple of weeks I'm being "bad" and my tolerance is sky high and cant trust my owm judgement xD

Curiosity and choping time wise, I like to know opinions on this fruity phenos effects and potency.

regards.

Subu

I tried my ‘vanilla cream’ pheno last night after about 2-3 weeks of curing.

When it first kicked in I felt a powerful surging of subtle yet devastating psychoactive effects and noticed when I turned my head my vision felt like it was lagging slightly at a lower framerate.

I had extreme mental clarity but at the same time felt a very subtle yet devastatingly powerful psychoactive effect which was on a ‘spectrum’ I had not felt before. It was a very sharp, particular psychoactive effect that is difficult to describe.. I’d say almost dissociative in nature and had a very narrow feeling to it, I didn’t feel a wide range of psychoactive effects but rather something extremely specific and powerful. No body stone at all unsurprisingly.

It gave me a powerful rush which was very intense yet subtle, almost an electric feeling but it wasn’t necessarily energetic in nature. Psychologically I felt like I was in a very high paced situation. I was lying on the couch but my mind felt like I should be doing something extremely challenging or dangerous based on how I felt e.g I imagined being in a city on fire in battle and saving people from burning buildings…

My Thai Chi had a unique combination of effects I was somewhat familiar with but this Malawi is something else and definitely borders on feeling like a different substance altogether!

Thanks dubi I look forward to trying the other pheno in a few weeks which took longer to flower and may be even more insane (if that is possible!).

Last edited:

HCMPA

I tried my ‘vanilla cream’ pheno last night after about 2-3 weeks of curing.

When it first kicked in I felt a powerful surging of subtle yet devastating psychoactive effects and noticed when I turned my head my vision felt like it was lagging slightly at a lower framerate.

I had extreme mental clarity but at the same time felt a very subtle yet devastatingly powerful psychoactive effect which was on a ‘spectrum’ I had not felt before. It was a very sharp, particular psychoactive effect that is difficult to describe.. I’d say almost dissociative in nature and had a very narrow feeling to it, I didn’t feel a wide range of psychoactive effects but rather something extremely specific and powerful. No body stone at all unsurprisingly.

It gave me a powerful rush which was very intense yet subtle, almost an electric feeling but it wasn’t necessarily energetic in nature. Psychologically I felt like I was in a very high paced situation. I was lying on the couch but my mind felt like I should be doing something extremely challenging or dangerous based on how I felt e.g I imagined being in a city on fire in battle and saving people from burning buildings…

My Thai Chi had a unique combination of effects I was somewhat familiar with but this Malawi is something else and definitely borders on feeling like a different substance altogether!

Thanks dubi I look forward to trying the other pheno in a few weeks which took longer to flower and may be even more insane (if that is possible!).

Thanks for your report, agree with you, I know she would be devastating with cure (I didn't touch colas, just a couple of little nugs), and what you describe is very close to what I can imagine would be.

Later I'm gonna post some pics from this morning, my Malawi #2 is almost done, it was a surprise this morning how she smell, crystal clear lemon tree flowers, intoxicating and delicate.

regards.

Latest posts

Latest posts