What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Duckpond : Zacateca's Edition

MallardDuck

Luna stole the show, no matter how many beautiful plants you have..

Well, I expect the show to be chewed up and spit out then! That's what tends to happen to things Luna steals. Don't be fooled, she is a scallywag and more flatulent than I thought possible.

MallardDuck

Congrats on the clones rooting. The light dep. seems to be working well, Outddor Zacatecas is well into flower mode. How long have you been bringing it into the garage?
You have some beautiful flowers in your yard.

Peace GG

It was around July 14th if I remember right.

MallardDuck

Well, I expect the show to be chewed up and spit out then! That's what tends to happen to things Luna steals. Don't be fooled, she is a scallywag and more flatulent than I thought possible.

Luna literally woke me up a couple of nights ago with a vile fart that smelled like it came from a cheese-loving demon with lactose intolerance. She, of course, didn't wake up.

MallardDuck

Hi everyone the summer is getting later and the days are getting shorter. I harvested a few autos from outside the other day... I tried bud washing for the first time. First bud I dunked had a bird poop in it.... I think I will be washing all my outdoor harvests from now on. Pesky Ducks...

I chopped down my poor looking males today after horribly mistreating them. They still produced a lot of pollen which I harvested and plan to save in the freezer if I can.

Did some canoeing... the Kootenay River is a special place.

20210817_163542.jpg

20210814_115630.jpg

20210817_163350.jpg

20210814_114810.jpg

2121 o.png

zaprjaques

Does anyone know if or how much the health of a male affects the viability of the pollen?

I've read that heat in the tent/room could have an impact on the lifespan of 'live' pollen.
And also drying and storing it properly.
But i've never heard or read about any direct corelation to plant health.
Basically as far as i understood male polen is produced in an overkill manner and its potency is rather based on genes.

The pic above is probably worth a million seeds :)

Maybe someone with more experience/knowledge has deeper insight.
Its a pretty interesting question :)

Beautiful pictures as always ! :}

gorilla ganja

In my opinion, humidity is your biggest enemy when dealing with pollen. Dry it quickly and keep dry. Fridge for short-term storage and freezer for long-term ( longer than a month).
Looks like a great trip you had.

Nannymouse

Nannymouse is a fan of the ZT, already, and have only sampled one or two phenos of one cross of it with AutoZamaldelica. Could be a good project for an auto ZT.

Yah, i understand the 'cute' Luna comments...as we have an old old kitty that still looks like some sort of feline angel, but she's been a hunter-killer. She used to kill scorpions, but after a while declided that she'd just come get me to kill them.

and i very much enjoy all the 'other' flower pics, too. hopefully, you will keep going with that ZT project!

MallardDuck

Hi I hope everyone is well. I am doing ok however I tried for the first time to grow a cantaloupe this year. I had I tiny one but I found it in the middle of the yard like this.

20210825_122201.jpg

The suspect.

20210828_153131.jpg

Things are going well and the Zacateca f2's and Zacatecas x Congo seem to be developing well despite a wee bit of premature yellowing.

20210825_130356.jpg

20210826_153659.jpg

Attachments

• Resized_20210715_110657.jpeg
    Resized_20210715_110657.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210827_183103_658 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210827_183103_658 (1).jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 43

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Great thread, really enjoying the whole thing! :)

I find that I have a lot more botrytis problems indoors in the warmer months, and I think it's mostly because of humidity levels. Late spring through the summer. Once the heat starts running the air is much dryer and problems disappear.

Now, this summer here in Massachusetts we have had over 26 inches of rain in the past two months which is just nuts...another 3 inches due today from the hurricane coming up. I have two Erdpurt/PCK x Purple Satellite crosses outdoors and yesterday found a whole bunch of botrytis. Luckily they are already just about done so I harvested about 50% and discarded anything that looked infected. One plant was much more resistant than the other too.
​​​​

MallardDuck

Great thread, really enjoying the whole thing! :)​​​​

Hey TexasTea! Thanks for saying that, I am really glad you are enjoying it. I sometimes wonder if people enjoy this or this is just an exercise in self-gratification.

Sorry about the rain, but glad you were able to salvage some of your harvest. That sounds like a great cross but I wonder if the Erdpurt / PCK brought some botrytis weakness. Here in Alberta, we have a shorter growing season but the only blessing is a dry autumn which I am thankful for. Losing bud to botrytis feels bad, but better that than a lung infection right?

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Well your plant above looks pretty much exactly like the pictures. Should be stellar if she will finish for you properly.

MallardDuck

Hi. I wanted to finish up this journal, this will probably be the last one I do on ICMag.

20210914_095718.jpg

IMG_20210918_113042_661.jpg

20210921_105917.jpg

The outdoor Zacateca ended up yielding 150 dried. It is still jarred up and curing but it has a really complex scent.... sour lime on the forefront, cedar and spices hanging out underneath.

It is still early but early samples have a wonderful warm, energetic but at the same time relaxing buzz. Medium-high in the potency department... I have found myself putting joints halfway as I was plenty medicated. Really like this strain and am looking forward to diving into some of the f2s I made.

20210923_160206.jpg

20211007_203022.jpg

Thanks to everyone who followed my grow. I will still be around, but I probably won't be doing anymore journals. Big thanks to Vermontman for making this strain... its truly lovely.

vermontman

Hi. I wanted to finish up this journal, this will probably be the last one I do on ICMag.

The outdoor Zacateca ended up yielding 150 dried. It is still jarred up and curing but it has a really complex scent.... sour lime on the forefront, cedar and spices hanging out underneath.

It is still early but early samples have a wonderful warm, energetic but at the same time relaxing buzz. Medium-high in the potency department... I have found myself putting joints halfway as I was plenty medicated. Really like this strain and am looking forward to diving into some of the f2s I made.

Thanks to everyone who followed my grow. I will still be around, but I probably won't be doing anymore journals. Big thanks to Vermontman for making this strain... its truly lovely.

Great thread there my friend!
Sorry I am so late to the party, thank you for a peak into the small window view of your life, You look truly enriched, and your followers here are case and point.
Big hug to you man!

MallardDuck

Great thread there my friend!
Sorry I am so late to the party, thank you for a peak into the small window view of your life, You look truly enriched, and your followers here are case and point.
Big hug to you man!

Thank vermontman. I am only half as cool as I look in the photos, I only post the good stuff! Social media is like that though. But yeah my life is pretty good. Luna sends her regards.

20211221_131210.jpg

Thanks TexasTea. Super happy with how my half assed light dep worked out way up here.

Latest posts

Latest posts