What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Website Suggestions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

woolybear

Veteran
Please give us the ability to remove the 'Trending" bar entirely. It takes up entirely too much real estate, forcing the other columns to break into multiple rows.

Right now, you can collapse it.

Capture.PNG

St. Phatty

Hoping this is the right thread to post in ...

In the last software revision, there was a link for the "active" pages of a thread, the last 1 or 2 pages. Right there on the page with every thread !

Entering the page # ... well maybe not so much.

EDIT -
oh that little triangle is the icon for the last page in a thread.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I suggest going back to old interface. Except for getting a few peoples e-mails, I would just leave. Wondeful errors posting

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Not sure how i can use the forum without a working search funktion. When i hit it with kerala one new thread shows up where kerala is mentioned one time. I even got pics from my albums showing up without any relation to the search term when looking for other terms.
also don't understand why so many albums/pics show up when the search function is finding something.

Sampas92

Just newbin
In the old site there was no limit of space, on this version me and others discovered that we are full, in my case i surpass the quota by 53mb.
please resolve this.
also i dont have an option to delete an entire album and if i go deleting one pic at a time, after deleting the last pic the window just show 2 option, cancel or upload another pic and that way the album always stays there with the lasr pic thats should be deleted or the new one that we upload.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
When hitting google and adding +icmag i got the search results i'm looking for. Also i have more then 10 times the mb of pics stored so i can't upload anymore without deleting my older pics. Looks like icmag got useless for me :((

Red October

Please give us the ability to remove the 'Trending" bar entirely. It takes up entirely too much real estate, forcing the other columns to break into multiple rows.

Right now, you can collapse it.

Agreed, guide to fishsticks and speakers corner is gonna be super popular

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Is anyone else already subscribed to there past posts? I’m subscribed to zero posts, so now I have to go and manually subscribe back to all of my old posts if I want to be notified if someone comments in a past thread I’ve made. Is this like this for everyone or just me?

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
I also am curious if there is any way I’m able to see the date I uploaded the photo in my album. I have some photos that weren’t included in threads so I have no way to know the date on them. I wish the website allowed us to use the old system too, like the mobile and full site options from before.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Smiles are just a character set I don't have. Same in chat. Little tombstones with tiny writing over two lines like gif:600 which I think is a standard smile

edit: I need windows 10 for unicode 9.0 support.

Cloneman

Veteran
My old pics have disappeared,

My (ours) my icmag has disappeared.

My (ours) signature has disappeared. (No more links thank you very much, not very good for sponsors hey?)

You can't sellect the last page of a thread in the forum section. When you click the thread you have to go to the bottom of the page to sellect the last page.

This is in bold because i feel like i am being publicly flogged by
LITE text....

gizmo666

And will anything get done about all the failings of the new site
Changed an excellent perfectly working site
And changed to another run of the mill useless site
I hope admin is looking at all the complaints and do something about it
Or I think a lot of folks won't be back
I'm just about to finish my diary
Don't think I'll bother logging my next grow too feckin awkward

Desert Dan

Veteran
I vote to bring back the old site... This format is not use friendly at all. I can’t recall anyone complaining about the original, but this will be the nail in the virtual coffin for most.

Should have just created an icmag app...

-DD

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
You can't sellect the last page of a thread in the forum section. When you click the thread you have to go to the bottom of the page to sellect the last page.
exactly this

acespicoli

I think it would be a great time to try phpbb in a sandbox with the ic database and images, ic has the best material and content of any site I have seen and lately been to probably 6 different canna forums. The only thing I liked from another forum was instead of bans they used timed suspensions of accounts for breaking forum rules. I dont like change if its not broke dont fix it. But with software and security online comes needed changes. Otherwise the site breaks end of life for forum support things like linux windows php5 sql databases etc get outdated and are no longer supported, so I understand and am getting used to the changes. there are definitely some changes to appearance that could be made especially on a opensource platform. I love my icmag and hopefully it goes past my expectations again, thx for all the hard work and $ it takes to make this possible
gratitude to ic sponsors and staff:thank you:

https://en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Comparison_of_Internet_forum_s oftware

interested to see the db on WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, MyBB, and phpBB.

exactly this
True only way is to type last page number in the box and hit enter lol ,, growing pains :cuss:
:smoke out:

Subscribe
ICMag subscription options coming soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts