What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This new website is terrible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
The most essential features now finally seem to work. Just the resize script seems to not work completely with very large sized pics. Also it would be cool to have our friendlist maybe on the left side as a pop up or something like this, so we not always have to go on our profile and looking under subscribers. :)

imiubu

- this apartment does technically have far more potential than the last one - problem is - I ain't no interior designer expert - so I got rid of the peace-flag ceiling cover - and the Nag-Champa incense burners - and those dirty old leather sofa's - also the thick-pile carpet that rendered up at last 3/4 of an ounce of hash/'erb toking cocktail - and I'm toking on it now - while listening to some new ideas amongst the moaning from you guys - meanwhile the decorators are just doing their own thing -

:friends: :plant grow:What is known for sure... change is inevitable just as well as death is unavoidable.

Those old sofa's needed tossed eons ago. They had begun to funk the place up w/ the essence of old farts :D

Ever onward :thank you:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i have been keeping track of where i was when the "502" or inordinate delay in loading has occurred, and oddly enough, nearly ALL of them hit when i was going back to main menu from the Speakers Corner picture threads. hmmm....getting tired of having to exit & re-enter.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi !
how do you select the size of the pic mate ?

You will get an option after using the upload attachment. See pic. Then click on the size you want in your post.
Project1.png

armedoldhippy

Veteran
now getting "504 time-out" and then "502-bad gateway" back to back. what will be next, i wonder?

well, i found out, lol. went to Speakers Corner funny pictures thread, then clicked on "speakers corner". took seven minutes to load. WTF? then, i clicked on "forums" and got another "502 - bad gateway" AFTER i was taken BACK to the funny pictures thread instead of to the "forums". if i had clicked a light switch (by comparison), i would have had time to get my Coleman lantern out, fueled it, pumped up pressure & had it going before my electric light turned on. good God...

GoatCheese

Veteran
The personal photo gallery is acting weird, at least for me..
When I have a folder with few pages worth of photos the page 1 photos open as they should but when I try to open photos from page 2 or 3 it doesn’t open the photo I’m clicking but some other photo.

- Also the “filter” on my gallery isn’t working really well. Only one time it showed the photos I just uploaded when I select the “today”-option, most times it does nothing or returns to the first page of the folder.

- When I go to “ My resent posts” I have to re-select the “sort by Date-last update” before it actually shows the latest active threads I have posted in. before that the threads are in random order thou it is on default “sort by date-last updates”.

- I’m also getting the 502 or 504-errors from time to time and some other error alerts when I’m trying to edit my post.

- When I haven’t logged in I see the “Today’s posts “ option on the brown strip on the main page but as soon as I log in it isn’t there any more

indagroove

Veteran
I still hate the new site. I've gone from 30 minutes a day browsing the forums to 30 seconds a day. Bye.

musigny23

This seems to be optimized for mobile OSs. The old one was pure desktop. I am not a fan of mobile gui's compared to desktop. They have to cram all that desktop functionality into a very limited screen. I wish they could have made it user selectable, desktop or mobile and both could coexist.

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
I wish people would give some constructive criticism in this thread instead of moaning about leaving, the web guys are working very hard night an day to try an solve an fix all these issues for a better new updated version of ICMAG for all you guys , all I hear is people moaning and threatening to leave , that’s not very supportive of long term members and I feel you should all take into consideration the time effort and funding this has cost to try make this all happen for you guys ,

Yes I know there is issues and it is very frustrating and no one likes changes Iv been through a few forum changes over the years myself and at first it’s all new and hard to get your head round but after a few weeks like driving a new car you manage to get accustomed to it and enjoy the new ride ,

there is lots getting solved behind the scenes like the pictures gallery’s , more storage bad gateway errors , new styling etc it’s all happening we are going through threads and working through issues it is a lot more helpful to give constructive criticism and helpful tips of issues you find or see then just winge an moan and say fuck this I’m leaving that’s no help at all

also I know you may think why hasn’t this all been done before going live well it was but there wasn’t much feedback from mods prior to making it go live which doesn’t help matters .. at least this way we can get to the bottom of most if not all the problems your all concerned about even though it wasn’t intended to pan out like this , but here we are let’s not moaning an bitch but rather come together as a community and help give constructive criticism and feedback where it can help ..

Icmag was long over due this upgrade and it’s been a nightmare in the web guys defence with the old site being an absolute mess that had been neglected for years now we are hopefully on the right path to a great new improved forum please give it time these things don’t happen over night as I said we are working night an day solving these issues it takes time it can not be done in a few hours or over night by next week you should all see a lot of changes , you don’t want the site being taken down again so please help along with feedback and any problems your concerned about or think could benefit in Changing..

Panikz..

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
There are forums for people that run forums. They accept this version 5 is no good and VB are not going to be able to fund a version 6 because of it. VB themselves don't use it. They use version 3 which is the best one. Version 4 was not theirs, it was hired help from switchboard land. Which didn't work well although the foundation is something that could build a version 6 if they hadn't basically killed the company with our version 5.

The vast majority of people expect a new posts button. This is the only way many wish to navigate. We don't have one.
When you go to a thread, you expect to see the last post at the bottom of the page, beside a reply box. That is the passage of time, we go down pages and we want to see what we are replying to in the same frame as the reply box.

It
get
don't
just
I

Sorry, please stand on your head and it will be fine.

With such basic functionality errors I don't really care about the state of my albums. I'm really interested how far into this we are financially, in order to fuck it off for something that can be fixed.

I would put up the dead horse smiley, but my smileys are now broken. My smileys ffs. This is shit software.

Status
Not open for further replies.