What's new

Where is the best import hash in the 'Dam

Amsterdab16

Mr. Haze, I'm an Amsterdammer as well and big import-hash enthusiast, would love hear your personal opinion on where the best moroccans, and nepalis can be procured in Amsterdam at the moment!

Hope to hear from you happy toking!

M

moose eater

I haven't been back to the Netherlands in about 20 years or so, but I had two favorite coffee shops there; one in Amsterdam, and another in Arnhem, where I stayed with friends.

In Amsterdam, Rick's Cafe' (closer to Dam Central Station/Square, just off the canal, between the Station and Hotel Rokin, but near the canal. not a fancy place back then, but a nice menu, and fairly honest about the qualities (which vary year to year).

In Arnhem (~70 miles East by Southeast from Amsterdam), there was a pub called Rocky's. Up above there was a shop that also was not fancy (reminded me of a barren 1950s smaller Greyhound bus station, with old-style linoleum tile, etc.). The parrot on the bar played backgammon. (No shit). They had a nice menu, including at least a couple of good Nepalese varieties.

I avoided glitzy shops, instead looking for those with knowledge, a varied menu, etc.

When I would get into a shop with strictly Moroccan or strictly (???/one country of origin) on the menu, I didn't stay long; often a mark of a shop under the thumb of organized folks from THAT country in particular, and obviously lacking in variety.