What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AMSTERDAM 24TH CUP RAID

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
are there any laws that prevent the police from searching you?

E

elmanito

'In this same period the WIC discovered the coca plant in South America. They stole the plants and transported them to Dutch India, thusly creating a monopoly on the highest quality coca leafs in the world. The Netherlands stayed the most important cocain producers till WW2. Both Armies in WW1 were kept high on Dutch cocain.'

This is something I had not heard of. The part about WW1 cocaine use is new to me, the rest is too or I forgot it. Do you have any links for this info?

Beginning of the 20th century the Dutch had 80% of the world trade in cocaine.On Java (Indonesia) Cannabis and Coca were grown on plantations and sold in pharmacies in the Netherlands.The late 19th century the Royal family established a company for the opium trade with China and earned a lot of money.The Dutch have a wonderful history.:moon:
There is book written in Dutch about the drug history of the Netherlands in 20th century.
During WWI the Dutch were neutral but supplied Amphetamine to both parties so that the war could continue.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

neuroherb

Gaiusmariius

Yeah but how many of the posters expressing outrage are actually at the Cup. You have to remember the tolerance is 5g on your person in public and up to 30g at home. If the gov is getting pressure from international critics they are going to act and the biggest source of pressure from international sources is the USA and its so called war on drugs. Your state govmts may be all friendly friendly when it comes to MJ but your federal goven't is still leveraging pressure on the UN to strengthen the anti drugs stance and blackmailing countries with aid programmes and free weapons if they support the war on drugs. If you want to express your anger at the system then as voters put pressure on your federal government to stop being hypocrits and thinking their DEA is a world police force.

I have actually lived in the US and Canada during the 80's smoked weed along with other party features and your police weren't exactly friendly about it. I understand the empathy towards the Cup being raided sheesh have a friend there actually competing so rail against the system yes fine no problem but the country and the people thats just ignorance. Remember the Dutch were tolerant of cannabis long before any other country and still don't lock up the majority of their ethic cultures related to drug offences or have a statistic that if your of ethnic origin and live in a depressed area being male you would have a longer life expectency on death row than on the streets of your home area.

Gastro

Beginning of the 20th century the Dutch had 80% of the world trade in cocaine.On Java (Indonesia) Cannabis and Coca were grown on plantations and sold in pharmacies in the Netherlands.The late 19th century the Royal family established a company for the opium trade with China and earned a lot of money.The Dutch have a wonderful history.:moon:
There is book written in Dutch about the drug history of the Netherlands in 20th century.
During WWI the Dutch were neutral but supplied Amphetamine to both parties so that the war could continue.

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/dutch-cocaine-ultimate-weapon

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nederlandsche_Cocaine_Fabriek

The Dutch Cocain factory, information in English is going to be very difficult to find. Since the information in Dutch is already quite secretative due to the involvement of the Royal family. The Royal family funded the factory, funded the trade, and allowed the trade, acquiring a shitload of money in the process. This is still one of the reasons why they speculate that the Dutch Royal Family is one of the richest in Europe.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Gaiusmariius

Yeah but how many of the posters expressing outrage are actually at the Cup. You have to remember the tolerance is 5g on your person in public and up to 30g at home. If the gov is getting pressure from international critics they are going to act and the biggest source of pressure from international sources is the USA and its so called war on drugs. Your state govmts may be all friendly friendly when it comes to MJ but your federal goven't is still leveraging pressure on the UN to strengthen the anti drugs stance and blackmailing countries with aid programmes and free weapons if they support the war on drugs. If you want to express your anger at the system then as voters put pressure on your federal government to stop being hypocrits and thinking their DEA is a world police force.

I have actually lived in the US and Canada during the 80's smoked weed along with other party features and your police weren't exactly friendly about it. I understand the empathy towards the Cup being raided sheesh have a friend there actually competing so rail against the system yes fine no problem but the country and the people thats just ignorance. Remember the Dutch were tolerant of cannabis long before any other country and still don't lock up the majority of their ethic cultures related to drug offences or have a statistic that if your of ethnic origin and live in a depressed area being male you would have a longer life expectency on death row than on the streets of your home area.

Yeap!! two things..It Is Bushes Fault (i knew it) and the Dutch Gov CHOSE to follow along...I am not going to spend my coin to leave one opressive regime to vacation in another...

E

elmanito

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/dutch-cocaine-ultimate-weapon

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nederlandsche_Cocaine_Fabriek

The Dutch Cocain factory, information in English is going to be very difficult to find. Since the information in Dutch is already quite secretative due to the involvement of the Royal family. The Royal family funded the factory, funded the trade, and allowed the trade, acquiring a shitload of money in the process. This is still one of the reasons why they speculate that the Dutch Royal Family is one of the richest in Europe.

This is the book i meant earlier.

http://books.google.com/books?id=_YZO5Qg-TskC&printsec=frontcover&dq=pati%EBnt&ie=ISO-8859-1&source=gbs_gdata#v=onepage&q&f=false

neuroherb

<quote>Yeap!! two things..It Is Bushes Fault (i knew it) and the Dutch Gov CHOSE to follow along...I am not going to spend my coin to leave one opressive regime to vacation in another... </quote>

Well if thats how you read that then I agree don't worry about getting a passport. If all people want to do when visiting another is become are aggresive when they don't get their own way then stay at home.
Otherwise do your claims have the Cannabis cup in the US, its only medicinal weed thats legal over there and just like your anti capitalist protesters in New York you will feel how free you actually are. I know that police action on the continent is as much caused by pressure from the UK and France through the EU. Diference is I am educated enough to see the inter correlation... you only see the last prez you had and actually liked in order to try and put words in my mouth.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i suppose you spoke with all the people involved with the occupy movement neuroherb and you know it is capitalism they are against ??

because they are just the words being put in their mouths and not why most people are choosing this time to stand up for their rights (and yours, where ever you are),,, capitalism never existed, it was feudalism with really good branding..

GP73LPC

Veteran
<quote>Yeap!! two things..It Is Bushes Fault (i knew it) and the Dutch Gov CHOSE to follow along...I am not going to spend my coin to leave one opressive regime to vacation in another... </quote>

Well if thats how you read that then I agree don't worry about getting a passport. If all people want to do when visiting another is become are aggresive when they don't get their own way then stay at home.
Otherwise do your claims have the Cannabis cup in the US, its only medicinal weed thats legal over there and just like your anti capitalist protesters in New York you will feel how free you actually are. I know that police action on the continent is as much caused by pressure from the UK and France through the EU. Diference is I am educated enough to see the inter correlation... you only see the last prez you had and actually liked in order to try and put words in my mouth.

sorry, but you don't have a fuckin clue...

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran

Time for an Eloquent rebuttal....HUH??? I have a passport... And I want the Cup in Prauge..after that you lost me...no worries :tiphat:

neuroherb

Paladin its no loss man the coffeeshops are full 24 x 7 and the cups need Amsterdam to have a legal place to host a cup. Amsterdam doesn't need the cups in order to sell weed to tourists.

Don't worry about the renewal fee's dude everywhere is just like Prague, been to one foreign country youve been to them all.

Mr Jay

Veteran
Not to be a jerk, but from the videos I saw, that is in no way getting "stormed" or "raided". If that was in the U.S. it would have started with tear gas canisters and suited up riot cops beating people and shooting them with rubber bullets.

Last edited:

Red Fang

Veteran
fucking pigs, edit, would probably be banned for saying what I wanted to say about them, but hopefully they will pay big one day!

Moonshine*

Rare Dankness
Veteran
Adam from THSeeds and Myself smoked out 100+ people surrounding the trash can with 3+oz's of dank while the cops stood back and watched. they told us we could smoke it but we couldnt leave with it......so we smoked EVERYONE (including giving some officers contact highs) out that didnt go scurrying for the door only to be "detained" and searched.

Wasnt no big thang. show of farce, we tried to round up all the CO people we knew and keep the place calm.

GP73LPC

Veteran
that's crazy... making you all smoke it all right there...

Gastro

Not to be a jerk, but from the videos I saw, that is in no way getting "stormed" or "raided". If that was in the U.S. it would have started with tear gas canisters and suited up riot cops beating people and shooting them with rubber bullets.

What does that tell you about the U.S.? Especially if you include all those lovely TSA stories..

For Dutch principles this was a raid, things get confiscated, everybody gets searched and they hope you can do all this in an orderly fashion. As long as there are no squaters or extremist left/right wing groups, people tend to be respectful to each other.

GP73LPC

Veteran
so Dutch police can just search anyone without a warrant or arrest?