What's new

Your favorite strain, all things considered if you had to choose one & only keeper ?

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Thats a POTM budshot dude omg :greenstars:

I

icon

thanx guys! ive never been nominated for anything so if someone actuall did that would be a bit exciting.

I haven't found my favorite strain yet.
As far as yours, which Sweet Tooth is your favorite (I understand there are different kinds: 1, 2, 1.1 or is it 2.1? )?

Greenheart

Veteran
what is that baggie you got called? im curious to know what it is

I was told "Mr. Nice Guy": G-13 x Hashplant

If indeed they didn't just make something up.

It does however have incredible density, a lemon hashy taste, and so far 3 phenoms: a blondish indica (most potent with trichs on stalks), a slightly purple indica (lower yielding but smoother), and a still waiting to finish sativa which doubled in hieght and was kicked outdoors to finish.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I haven't found my favorite strain yet.
As far as yours, which Sweet Tooth is your favorite (I understand there are different kinds: 1, 2, 1.1 or is it 2.1? )?

Well there is of course the original Sweet Tooth F1 hybrid of the SPG clone mother x DJ's BB male from the mid 90's, this leaned to the BB side of things in many phenos. This would be the original. Steve made these in Canada while supplying seeds to Marc Emery.

Some selection & backcrossing and such went on of the F1 to the SPG clone and these were sold as Sweet Tooth as well on Marc Emery's website but it noted they were a backcross (Bx1) to the SPG and not just an F1. Alot of people bought these back in the late 90's and know this as the first "Sweet Tooth". Then there was a Sweet Tooth Bx2 which was the third generation of the line that had been backcrossed now twice to the SPG clone. That was never really released for sale commercially but used for breeding by Steve. This was said to be a high yielding generation and very SPG dominant & consistent.

Then there is the very well known and now highly sought after Sweet Tooth #3 which was released in a large quantity by Spice of Life seeds back in the early 2000's. These came from Steve while he was doing huge seed grows in Switzerland and made some of the best genetic crosses that still exist today in the Cannabis world. This was the fourth generation of Sweet Tooth having been backcrossed once again (3 times total) to Steve's favorite SPG clone mother with a special Sweet Tooth Bx2 father that also makes up the male side of crosses like LUI, Blockhead, Blue Satellite 2, Tropicana, & others from that time frame. It was a true stud & proven to have championed some world class offspring!

Then there is the last & final version from Steve himself with the original father he used in Switzerland that came out in 2002-2003 in a much smaller quantity and that was Sweet Tooth #4 which was from an inbred line of the third generation Sweet Tooth (Bx2) line that Steve grew specifically to select for early flowering and high mold resistance since the Sweet Tooth #3 was a known mold magnet outdoors due to such dense colas. The female(s) he chose were then re-pollinated by the same proven Sweet Tooth Bx2 male that had fathered the Swt #3 to begin with to basically make as close to an IBL as you are gonna get at that fifth generation of seed. The Sweet Tooth #4 is more frosty and very SPG dominant as far as aroma's & structure go, much more like the SPG mother than anything else that he always had selected for trait wise in choosing parents because he loved the SPG so much. This strain is great for making hash thanks to the plentiful long stalked bulbous trichomes full of magic resins.

So in the end, the far more rare Sweet Tooth #4 is my favorite and it's totally covered in frosty white trichomes with a super sweet pink grapefruit rind acrid citrus aroma to the buds. It is not as chunky as the #3 as far as straight yield goes but it still has quite high yielding phenos for sure. It's far more suited to humid conditions without the mold issues the #3 can have. It is a great strain for hashmaking also and produces exquisite full melt bubble. The high is totally blissful and very positive with very low to no paranoia or fearful effects. The warm smiling buzz really does keep you happy & positive and the plants are simply beautiful with big Indica leaves and red/purple striped stems that smell like heaven. The medical effects are anti-depressant and anti-anxiety with excellent stress relief qualities perfect for a grower to smoke. This one is my all time favorite and was the final version released from Breeder Steve himself & made in Switzerland before SOL got raided by Swiss authorities.
:blowbubbles:

The far newer Sweet Tooth 1.1 (or GF x BB, is the same exact strain) was basically a remake of the first F1 cross using the genuine SPG clone but with a newer & different "True Blueberry" male sourced from DJ Short. Chimera made these seeds for Spice of Life since Steve was no longer making seeds and people have had some great results with it yield wise but it's different than the originals and does not come from the same special Bx2 Swt father that comprised mostly all of the old SOL strains out of Switzerland. That does not mean it is not a good strain it's just different because of the newer BB male used and it is not backcrossed to the SPG at all.

So there you have it, that is what I know regarding the different Sweet Tooth's and their basic history. Keep it grapefruity! :ying:

Last edited:

maryanne3087

The far newer Sweet Tooth 1.1 (or GF x BB, is the same exact strain) was basically a remake of the first F1 cross using the genuine SPG clone but with a newer & different "True Blueberry" male sourced from DJ Short. Chimera made these seeds for Spice of Life since Steve was no longer making seeds and people have had some great results with it yield wise but it's different than the originals and does not come from the same special Bx2 Swt father that comprised mostly all of the old SOL strains out of Switzerland. That does not mean it is not a good strain it's just different because of the newer BB male used and it is not backcrossed to the SPG at all.

So there you have it, that is what I know regarding the different Sweet Tooth's and their basic history. Keep it grapefruity! :ying:

Chimera used multiple BB male's he said about 70% of the males used were one clone, but used a bunch of others including the one that gave birth to the Blue Moonshine, etc.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And then there's SOTF's Swt#4 x BBSS...

...which hopefully he will elaborate on for the masses..?

:)

This one? :biggrin:

picture.php

This is a pic of the exact cut of the Swt#4 male x BB/Swt Sk female plant which is a cross I made like 8 years ago and still have beans for from several different mother plants. The plant above was used to make some nice healthy beans recently which were backcrossed to a different original Sweet Tooth #4 male out of an original pack of seeds from SOL.

Smell on the seed mother is kind of watermelony to start early in flower with some strawberry/gummy overtones that matures into a sweet tangerine & grapefruit hashy smell with a slight hint of fuel when manicuring. Gobs of thick golden brown resin all over the trim scissors. Very low odor in veg, fast growing & vigorous and the mother did very well topped out at the 5th node from seed into a tree like bush with thick stems and excellent branching. Mother was done at around 7 - 7.5 weeks flowering time under high powered LED so may be even faster under HID. The buzz is very anti-anxiety and puts you in a happy zen like state with good body euphoria, very happy positive buzz from the Swt #4 parent and with the backcross to it again it is now 2/3 Sweet Tooth #4 genetics in these Bx1 seeds.

The Swt #4 male used to make the backcrossed beans with was very early and flowered under constant light as it was very SPG dominant and had a distinct sweet pink grapefruity aroma with lots of dense clusters of sticky light green male flowers with purple striping on them along with red/purple striped stems. This was the "Indica" pheno the seeds are from and it smells like sugary incense when it burns, when you exhale it has a limey zippy fruit twang to it with a hashy aftertaste it's kinda hard to put into words. :joint:

picture.php

So Hummus, still waiting on your future grow & smoke report on the new backcrossed beans since I know you got a pack brother! Looking forward to it. :tiphat:

Hehe I think my ICMag handle gives it away. I <3 Blueberry and the super happy and peaceful high it gives me. Melts away all stress, shoos away any anxiety or worries you have and sits you down on a fluffy white cloud. Any troubles you have just seem so trivial and ridiculous when smoking a good Blueberry pheno. The insanely long high and slow gradual tapering off is also a great selling point.

However, on average, BB is not a super producer if cash is the objective. Guess that's why I never see it in clubs. Coupled with the fact that they take awhile to get going when in veg and are somewhat sensitive (read: not much margin for error), one has to really love the smoke to stick with it. Plenty of easier and better producing genetics out there to grow. ...Although there are some mega producing BB freaks I've seen on this board. Wish I had those genetics...

On a side note, Rocklock and Sweet Tooth are really tickling my fancy these days. Just need to find some good beans to pop. I can't justify buying any more bud from clubs when I have my own grow-op. :p

Latest posts

Latest posts