big buddah
the dude who originally made the (my) OG Kush
The dude who made Granddaddy purple
soma

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
SEEDYNONO said:
if only bros grimm was still around i'd probably put them on the list but...

In that case, if someone asked you who's your 3 favorite American, southern, male, white singers with a negroid voice, you couldn't put Elvis on the list.

elvis%20with%20teddy%20bear%201956.jpg

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
But, if someone asked you for your 3 favorite parrots, you could put the Norwegian Blue on the list, because it's not really dead, just pining for the fjords...

350px-Pining.PNG

hmmmm . . . an interesting and thought provoking thread . . . :)

after three pages of comments there's still some names missing . . . although the names might not necessarily be familiar to everyone here . . . they deserve mention and consideration . . .

CLIPS - a small breeder dedicated to the medical community who normally gives his seed away rather than selling it . . . Clips has done extensive work with PG13 x Black Widow as well as a number of other worthwhile medicinal strains . . . products have only been made available to the general public at charity auctions etc . . .

THREE_LITTLE_BIRDS - although officially retired from public breeding . . . anyone who knows the flintstoners knows why we'd mention the three_little_birds . . . voted "breeder of the year" in an end of year poll at Cannabis World just months before the site disappeared . . . the medicinal crosses made by the 3LB remain our choice over all others to this day . . .

RODWAL - another retired breeder who at least deserves an honorable mention . . . a favorite of ours from "down under" . . . and a sad casuality in the worldwide W.O.D.

STEVE TUCK - a LOT of controversy seemed to surround Tuck . . . he's another casuality in the W.O.D. . . . and apparently there were some problems with the running of his own seed company . . . but his version of Herijuana remains a medicinal standby in our garden . . . it should also be remembered that Reeferman actually bought Tuck's seed biz not long before he started winning prizes for his work . . .

among those already mentioned we'd have to say that the following three have produced outstanding work . . .

DUTCH FLOWERS -
CHARLIE GARCIA -
NEBU -

and the envelope please . . .

the number three choice of the flintstoners for "favorite breeder" is . . .
3 - Dutch Flowers . . .

the number two choice of the flintstoners for "favorite breeder" is . . .
2 - Charlie Garcia . . .

and the number one favorite breeder of the flintstoners is . . .
1 - three_little_birds

in the end no one else can do better at creating what works for our own medicinal purposes . . . that's not "tooting our own horn" . . . it's not bragging . . . it's just a reflection of our own very individual tastes and needs . . . _______________________________________________________________________

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
For some strange reason I still think that they are Sam and Shanti, might just be that their work kicks everyones ass.

tiedye420

My favorite breeders will be chosen by how they treat me as a person...
Because i run mostly my gear....
Dont get me wrong, I have someone's chocolate thai, and rez's sour d f2 going.....
And a few hand me downs like g-13 and "NL complete" (cali old school version not nevilles)
Not much can compare to stinky on yield, or quality....
my fav breeders...
Reeferman- Always gives good advice and treats me like a brother in arms...
Tom Hill- Always a gentleman and has an uncanny knack to reach out to me when i need moral support- His crew feels like old family to me, they are as one in my numbers book, but tom's family has gotten me through rough times when no-one would talk to me.....
Anonymous- Anonymous seems to breed some kind stuff but never wants credit for it.. In my book the anonymous breeder is probably the most dedicated...Always striving for something better, never wanting credit.. Yeah buddy, anonymous takes the cake.(My JRH, G-13, ect ect were anonymous...)
tie
(3-b's has A good point, Only i know what works best for me.. :)

tiedye420

Zam
For some reason these seem to stand apart from the others! :lurk:
Hey i'm testing my colombian black BX. So far the only info is the seedlings took a week longer than anything else germinating, aside from the mexi-chronic.The germ rate was high as well..I am exited..
Also the mexican chronic , My first up was a polyploid mutant..
It has the classic 70's marijuana leaf shape, nice node spacing
And appears to be "everything you ever wanted" in a mexican strain.
The bud smoked like indica, the growth of the plant suggests pure sativa of old.. Not one of the crappy leafy mexicans i detest either.. This one has node spaces like a good lumbo...I have it in a 33 gallon grow bag, because polyploids love to root deep. It's exploding with growth and probably in an outdoor stretch. I'll be able to determine sex real soon..
But i have about 4 more seedlings coming up.out of 1/2 tsp of seed. Old seed from 02 or 03 though...It was their last window this year so i squeezed them in.. It's rare i plant mexican bagseed any more. These will be fully worthwhile working with. I'm convinced of that much ...
tie

zamalito said:
Brotherhood of eternal love, mezzrow, the meao tribe, the pashtun , the chontal de oaxaca indians, the black tuna gang, and Dr. Waui.

dwtc

my 3 favorites are

REZ (his apollo mist is kickass and the ibl is in the top 5 of all time that i've smoked)

BOG (bogbubble and lifesaver are very nice indeed, and will be poppin my SBBX3 next round)

REEFERMAN ( i've only grown out the cbII and i was very pleased with the turnout)

also gotta thank all the pioneer's in this biz, cuz without them where would we be.
and GYPSY for all the fine work he's done with ICMAG.

stay safe,,,,,,,,,dwtc

You got that right! Right now they happen to be in no certain order this year like every year something from Gypsy of course. The guys from Mist Of Destruction and Dutch Passion. This year I have Freebies from Gypsy Brainstorm from Dutch Passion Fem. and Cali-most from Mist Of Destrution. I think i'll do ok with these this year.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
well i havent tried alot of those names some i have.. In no particualr order 3 of my fav.
zepplindude = great prices great seeds..
h3ads = same great prices great seeds
motarebel = same great prices great seeds.
All of the whom i mentioned i feel are doing this for all the right reasons. people and their needs.. peace.. Thats my 2 copper coins.. peace..

sack

ctg

Veteran
greed and hype combined is worth millions of votes...

most of the best breeders will never be mentioned!

charlie garcia, clips and rodwal all get an A from me.....

awewome genetics but even better, great people!
-ctg-

Last edited:

SacredBreh

My Favorites due to experience with many........

My Favorites due to experience with many........

Serious--hard to get lately but hands down most consistent in quality
REZDOG--diesel is hard to beat no matter what its up against
DJ Short--old school with consistent quality without compromise

There are many others but none stand up to these IMHO.

Peace

ctg said:
most of the best breeders will never be mentioned!

by bringing folks like Rodwal and Clips into the conversation we were trying to change that a little . . .

we considered adding a few other old friends from the SSC etc . . . but didn't want to get too carried away . . . FBM certainly could have been added to the list . . . leisure puffer and Roz wouldn't likely call themselves breeders . . . but they could also make this list with ease . . . we know there are others that could be added . . . but time and space don't allow us to go on forever . . .

it's certainly true that some of the very best breeders don't necessarily breed for the "market" . . .

ctg said:
charlie garcia, clips and rodwal all get an A from me.....

awewome genetics but even better, great people!
-ctg-

we'd agree 100% about the quality of those individuals character as well as the quality of their work . . .

Federation,for their Hawaiian sativa/Island Sweet Skunk cross which is my all time favorite strain, Motarebel for his all around great work , no one offers his quality at his prices, and last but not least, Steve.