What's new

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

I've said and played this before my family's Christmas dinner, the words of a genius!

And even though I lived on a country road for 40+ years, I'm no longer stumbling, _drunk_ down on the farm. :cool: And that's a _good_ thing.

JT just speaks to my heart, great posts as usual moose eater!
The back-up vocals on that, when the older gentleman cuts loose with a gospel-like lead, and leaves JT and the rest in a harmony/chorus position, is just .... beyond description for me. I found that nothing shy of fucking amazing.

Country Road was an old hitchhiking tune, back in the 70s and forward into the 80s. For obvious reasons.

For a guy who was strung out to some degree on smack, his dealing with his own life's trials and perfecting of his tradecraft/art was exemplary, at a minimum.

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

Jim, unplugged before there was a name for it. Notice you'll hear an actual bass guitar. I'm pretty sure it's this album that they got the guy who played bass for Elvis, to sit in with them on a couple of sessions. But that's a vague, old fuck memory, so it could have been another album. ;)

My long-winded point is, listen to this fucking _bass_. Would have loved to hear Jack Casady or Berry Oakley sit in with them. Jim needed the foundation of a base, not a organ hitting the low notes:

moose eater

Well.... I guess that more or less takes care of that.... At least for the tunes from that Lp that hold special meaning for me...

Latest posts

Latest posts