What's new

What can be done with coco slabs and drippers

J

JackKerouac

I am amazed at how uniform your canopy is.

A lower EC for good results must be awesome on the pocketbook too.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
growinontario said:
HOLD UP can someone please explain to me the purpose of the netting over top of all the plants? does it just hold the leaves down? would someone be kind enough to pm me the answer to that as i will probably lose this thread in my huge list of bookmarks :) thanks!!

the nets are there to support the buds. my veg time is so short that my clones don't have much time to make roots and a fat stem, so i support them with the nets, so they can devote all their resources towards flowering, without having to waste energy trying to thicken the stem to hold the huge bud weight, lol.

jimjay said:
I am not sure about killing benneficials? That could be correct. The only difference i know of is that it can be used with H2o2.
I have been using it because it did wonders to my vegging plants roots. I had been using the cannazyme and it didn't seem to have the same effect.

yeah i think it can be used with h2o because h20 also kills beneficials so it no longer matters. some hydro grows are maintained totally without beneficials so its up to each grower. i know it has a good rep the hygrozyme.

truecannabliss said:
Amazing grow, i really need to hang in here some more to pick up some tips....such a perfect canopy, i really need to get a harvest done with just 1 or 2 strains to keep everything more uniform.....my yileds are being effected quite badly by the number of strains im growing and the fact there are clone and seed plants together.
Peace

yeah the multiple strains are nice for selection, but it's not ideal for yield, although i must say you seem to be doing an awesome job with all your strains :yes:

my canopy is so flat because i pre veg/root my plants into rw cubes, this gives me time to evaluate which are faster, then i just plant the tallest around the edges with the smallest right under the lights. mind you if you would use pots and drippers you could always move them at need.

Caligrown said:
Looking Nice GM - Don't know if I asked you this before but how far are your lights from your canopy?

What kind of air circulation and temps are you running?

Cali-

my lamps are 600 watt industria lamps with side vents to let the warm air escape, i let them go as far as a meter away at the beginning and as close as 25 cm towards the end. temps are controlled by the speed of the ventilator, i let it run between 20 and 28 at the moment. but in summer i sometimes get temps of 30°+ no air cooled lamps and no ac, just heaters for winter and a huge ventilation and filter capacity which runs dimmed by the controller most of the time, making it near silent.

bonecarver_OG said:
looks nice gaius :D

thanks bonecarver mate.

Fonda Trichs said:
great grow gaius!

I gotta do slabs some day.

To growinontario asking about nets: The net keeps the plants from falling over. Plus as they grow up to and through the net, you can move the tips around to space out the branches so everyone gets some light.

If you feed your plants well, they will get so heavy with trichs, that they'll just fall over, or break branches. You usually need stakes, tomato baskets, netting, or strings hanging from the ceiling. Sometimes you need netting AND strings hanging from the ceiling.

absolutely, when things go well the plants make buds bigger then they can hold up without support
lol.

NiteTiger said:
Well, can't really say anything that hasn't already been said:D

:yes:

Awesome.

thanks for looking in NiteTiger :wave:

JackKerouac said:
I am amazed at how uniform your canopy is.

A lower EC for good results must be awesome on the pocketbook too.

thanks man, it takes some practice and knowing your strains, but like i said above, if you use pots with drippers you can keep your canopy perfect too. even without careful placement on planting day.

yes indeed i notice a big difference with nute use when growing ww or PP or victory or some other hungry strain. the victory i did last run was feeding on 1.8 and even higher once in a while. double the nute use of the WW. which is quite nice about growing the ww, specially when i consider that she is still my favorite smoke of what's available to me right now. and has been for a long time. although i freely admit that i smoked some things at the cups that were just as good some times even better. hope to fill my table with some thing like baba kush once, or train wreck. would be wicked to see what one of those strains would do on my coco set up.

J

JackKerouac

It's funny- with my tomatoes, if I bump up the nutes- they get hungry for Cal Mag. But if I leave them a little hungry with PBP, they are perfectly fine. I totally dig ya brutha.

G

wow man, truly inspiring :jawdrop:
This years letter to santa claus will have a drip system as nr.1 lol! I need some automation for sure........

Peace

Caligrown

JackKerouac said:
It's funny- with my tomatoes, if I bump up the nutes- they get hungry for Cal Mag. But if I leave them a little hungry with PBP, they are perfectly fine. I totally dig ya brutha.

You think that could be from locking out the cal and/or Mag? It seems odd that they would get hungry for those nutrients when they are being fed more??????

-Cali

Caligrown

knna said:
Thats right. Ca and Mg must be in accordance with the other elements, specially with K. I use about 3:2:1 (K:Ca:Mg), but sometimes you find 4:2:1 reccomended. Anyway, cannabis seems to like specially Ca and Mg (a bit more Mg ppm than Ca ppm usually work best). To much K, without rising Ca/mg and you get Ca/mg deff very often.

I have heard about coco releasing k. My problem is I know no way to get a read on how much k is released and how to dose cal or mag to compensate.
grrrrrrr. :0)

G

Caligrown said:
I have heard about coco releasing k. My problem is I know no way to get a read on how much k is released and how to dose cal or mag to compensate.
grrrrrrr. :0)

That's a very good question. Before I started using cal/mag I was really struggling with them ( had probs with nute dosage also ) but a couple of growers advised me to use 1 tsp ( 5 ml ) per gallon in addition to the nutes. I was using LK then. I have since switched to CNS17 grow and it has cal/mag in it already, and seems to be dosed just about right. IMO the best thing to do is use a nute program that already has the cal/mag in it to offset the problem.

Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge than I can help more.

Mo Budz

My experiences with cal/mg defiencies have alwasy been to take care of them before they happen. Like posted earlier, you can use a complete fertilizer that has enough in it, but what I have been doing with my coco grow, is using it at 1/4 to 1/2 the strength with every res change. That way its always there, and by dropping the dose, you wont have to worry about any lockouts. In my soil grows, I always add dolomite lime, which usually takes care of any ca/mg problems. Just keep an eye out for paleness between the viens of the leafs, those are usually the first signs of a mg def. GL man.

shiva das

I love your results in the slabs. One question, what slabs are they...the GH ones, the ones that are like thick, rubber mats? and, what is your feeding schedule....15mins every hour??
I would love to do a slab run. I was thinking of doing 2 gal buckets but your slabs look sick.

great thread gaiusmarius, it’s been the biggest help for this noob grower and I’ve got a couple of questions if i may

gaiusmarius said:
i start her normally at 1.25ml per litter ec 1.0 and work up to ec 1.4 (2ml per lt.) in the first 14 days of 12/12

1. As a noob i dont completly understand a+b and further classification would be great. Exactly what nutrients and/or additives are you using in this step. Are you just stepping the ec up every other day or is there something in the plants that you look for?

gaiusmarius said:
then back down to approx. 1.5 ml A+b per litter of water, ec of 1.1 for the rest of the way through.

2. So what's the ml/dosage for the cannazym and bioboost

and you minchine rhizotonic at 1/2 ml per lt. till week 6 of 12/12.

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hi shiva das

those slabs are no name, directly imported. but they are made to the exact same specifications as cannas coco slabs.

i water the slabs 4 times a day for 3 to 5 minutes depending how big the plants are. enough time so there is a bit of run off every time, which drains back to my nutrient tank, but is safer to dump the run off if you are starting out with coco

Hey 1hitWONDER

the coco A+B is basically a full nutrient. you can finish a whole grow using equal amounts of each and nothing else. all you have to do is start off with a low dose and slowly increase it as the plants get bigger and show the need. basically you don't want your plants to be too dark green, nor too light green. if you see burnt tips, you have over done it, or otherwise let too much salt build up.

the feeding instruction you quoted is specifically for my unusually low feeding WW. as for the bio boost i added 1 ml per lt of water as of day 14 of 12/12, after 2 weeks i increased the dose to 2 ml per lt of nutrient mix. you can add it every other time too, it's expensive stuff and i have stopped using it at present. am using the canna boost instead. when it comes to the zym product, canna's one is supposed to be added at 2.5 ml per lt of nutrient mix. the hesi power zym i use is just as good and cheaper as well as slightly more concentrated.

yeah rhizotonic is not only good for the rooting phase at 4ml per lt, but also very good to use later at 0.5ml per lt. it keeps the roots that bit happier.

thanks for the fast response gaiusmarius,

i've read over most of your recent post and you've been a huge help. I'm going to buy WW from 3 different places (green house, sensi White Label and Dutch Passion Fem 5 per Pack) and implement your low nut schedule. Do you think your program is exclusive to your WW or will it work with X percent of WW?

THC4SIM

gaiusmarius said:
4186white23-med.jpg

NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!
they look absolutly shit-hot Gaius!! :wave:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well the thing about this WW pheno i have is that it's a very old clone and has become very delicate and difficult. but most WW phenos you buy from seed will not be that delicate, even the low feeders will take more then my WW. but you will quickly be able to tell if the pheno wants more nutes or not. if you do a thread with pics i'll gladly help you with dosing decisions.
good growings :wave:

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
hey there gaius :wave: just read this whole thread and all i can say is Amazing grow!! beautiful plants you have :D you certainly have that dialed in, might have to copy you on this set up in the future looks like with the right strains it kicks ass and gotta love the short veg period!

Seasons greetings

Dime

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
coco seems to be grabbing my attention lately thanks to threads like yours. you are an awesome dude for all your help here at IC, my home away from home. thanks for helping our community!
SIR