What's new

Water cooled co2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes anyone who has purchased a HydroGEN can receive the heat exchanger for free, offer does not cover shipping cost though. Please note that the heat exchanger has had a fan and power cord added since the free offer was posted and Hydro Innovations is still honoring that...even though the cost have gone way up. After this offer has passed these units will be for sale in the stores for $99. We will require the serial number listed on the side of the unit, the address for shipping, and a money order for $25. I know that you guys have been patiently waiting (well most of you at least) and it will be worth it.

With the unit on the lowest gas setting and the water on the highest setting we are able to remove 98% of the heat. I know we are way behind on the release of the product but there were several things that needed to be considered that took some time to test. Just to give you an idea of what they have been though we have had to test and decide fin pitch, fin width, heat exchanger size, heat exchanger thickness, copper tube thickness, fan size, fan thickness, fan speed, fan static pressure, fan voltage, and even the power cord has had to be custom made. Anyways hope you enjoy....

rr14

I can appreciate your hard work and refinement on this product. Keep up the good work. I will be buying one in the near future and want to get the best possible product.

On a different note, do you make the icbox in an 8" version for my cool sun xl's?

Bozo

I think that is excelent 2 thumbs ups .
Makes me wanna buy more stuff from you fellas
If yer a handy, cheap bastard like me with time on yer hands do what I did I saved bout $75 total and I feel like i acomplished something while learning .Althou if you add the man hours i had into going out and buying a regulator and hose, finding the burner online ,had to buy a new ford heater core 30$,all I ended up saving was my feeling of acomplishment .Worth it to me but some peole arent layed off concrete hands and time it more presious to them ..
This was my winter project.Spring is in the air and I will be back working 60 hr weeks soon .If I were to do this while I was working I would have bought the HydroInovations model.Actualy planning a new room with co2 that is attached to my living area I will be getting the Hydrogen this time just because of the built in O2 depletion sensor.

Once again I applaude your commitment to making a quality product and standing by your offer to supply people who bought your burner an exhaust cooler
I hope you guys are killin it sales wise if you keep this kinda customer service up I cant see anything getting in your way .
I remember the air cooled unit was 50K to tool up for any updates on that product ?

boston

will it be included whith furture sales and will it affect price

also the 98 % removal were you useing a chiller or just a large res.
and if useing a chiller would just a res. or drain to waste work
i know you mention in the thred but i can not find it.

boston

Act now dont delay dout you will find an offer like this anywhere .

i guess i should of paid a little more att.

Cotyledons i am assumeing you work or have something to do whith the company

is the naturalgas model of gen avilable ?
how much water run to waste would be used in a 12 hour cycle in say a 12x12 room sealed as tight as a frogs ass lol? staying around 1500ppm.

i guess really ? should be can i just use 55 gallon garbage cans fill whith water and change pump from 1 can to next every day?

does heat exchanger require water chiller or will run to waste do the job?

i have a few ? conncerning the ice boxes aswell.

how big of chiller to run 9 on 600w hps and take all heat away from lights and provide a little ac for room aswell

res size can be just about as big as needed whith little limits also whith in reason

would this be a reasonable alturative to just running a/c or 2 for short term run whith air cooled lights
i have heard of the 3 ton chillers i belive you guys are starting to make aswell i would like someinfo on them as far as priceing and specs and so forth

i am basicly looking to go big for a couple of rounds then drop back down to where i am now and the amount of ac power needed would limit my lighting i could use

i only have 60 amps 120 wire in but could get 1 more 20 amp breaker deadcated as well

thanks for anycomments you will have

RR14,

The 8" Ice Box is on the way, moulds are ready and the product is being produced as we speak. HI may have some of them air shipped which would get them here in about 2-3 weeks and if they are sent by boat looks like 4-6 weeks. If some are air shipped it will only be a couple hundred units and they won't last long.

Hi Boston,

I'm not an employee of the company but I am a friend of theirs.

To answer your first question on the previous page, these will not be available at no charge in the future, when we are out of this first shipment this offer will expire. If it were as simple as throwing an inexpensive heat exchanger in the HydroGEN box, like we thought it would be, then we would just include it. But after adding the fan, assembly, including a power adapter with cord and packaging, it has quadrupled the cost and it will not fit in the box anymore. We don't see the point in including a simple heat exchanger with the product that isn't that effective, its really a waste of money and I thing that you guys wouldn't be near as happy with it. I think that in the future when customers are paying for them they will agree that it is worth every penny.

1. Natural gas are available, most any hydro store can order them from their distributor.

2. I would estimate around 50-60 gallons a day for the size room that you have....so about as as much as a full bathtub.

3. I think that is a great idea to use the two trash cans and move the pump back and forth...just make sure that you store the hot water outside the garden and also make sure that you use a pump with at least 15' of lift. BTW the unit still works very well even if using warm water to cool it. This would probably be the case at the end of your light cycle (everyone knows not to run co2 in the off cycle right?).

4. I'm not sure exactly what you are asking "does heat exchanger require water chiller or will run to waste do the job?" If you are referring to the additional heat exchanger that can be used to cool the remaining heat from the HydroGEN...it actually is used inline with the HydroGEN and should be installed in the incoming water line. If you are referring to the Ice Box heat exchanger we do recommend a chiller and a recirculation system, we do not recommend drain to waste....this would waste far to much water.

5. For optimal performance from the Ice Box HI recommends 1/3 hp per 1000 watts, but you can skate by with 1/4hp. So with (9) 600 watts you have 5400 watts total so with the optimal setup HI recommends a 2 hp chiller (available for $2000 from HI) and with the minimum setup you would need a 1.5 hp which is only about $125 cheaper. HI recommends over sizing your chiller every time (especially b/c of the little price difference), just b/c you have a bigger chiller doesn't mean you will use more power, it will just run less. When a chiller runs less it lasts longer, it's that simple. Also it is important for a chiller to be able to cycle on and off so that it has time to cool down, an undersized chiller usually never turns off.

6. HI used to recommend large reservoirs b/c the chillers in our industry were to small and they needed to run constantly during the OFF cycle in order to "store" cooling energy to use during the ON cycle. This is not the case anymore now that HI has started offering larger chillers (1/2 HP to 250 HP...yes 250hp) that are readily available for purchase. Honestly if you wanted to you can run any size setup with a 5 gallon bucket of water (not recommended though!) as long as you have the right size chiller. Usually though a 55-75 gallon reservoir is perfect for any installation (also available from HI).

7. Using a 2 hp chiller for your setup you can completely replace your traditional a/c with water-cooled a/c and usually can save you at least 25% on your cooling electricity needs (not off of your entire bill). Water-cooled a/c is more efficient that traditional a/c...this is common knowledge and not just our opinion. All large buildings use water to heat and cool, hospitals, hotels, office buildings, restraunts, etc. Thought that would be a good point to mention.

8. Please contact HI for more chiller pricing than what is mentioned above.

9. 1 hp of cooling uses about 11 amps 110v and the 2 hp unit uses 11 amps 220v. Hopefully you have two different legs of power so that you can get 220v for the 2 ton chiller. A nice size pump will use less than 5 amps so you should use less than 30 amps for the water-cooled setup...but keep in mind that your traditional a/c load will be greatly reduced so you won't actually be using that much more power overall, just what it takes to cool the additional lights you are adding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bozo

This aint a how do i get in touch with H.I. thread .i started it to talk about water cooled co2 .what I found and how well it worked and how could I make it better.
Please atleast read the thread all the answers about yer free heat exchanger are there .If you have true questions about how the whole thing works and what could be done to make it better please contribute .
If you have 8 questions about HI chillers and ice boxxes start yer own thread or better yet call H.I.
Please dont let this thread turn into a spam problem I would rather it died

boston

This aint a how do i get in touch with H.I. thread .i started it to talk about water cooled co2 .what I found and how well it worked and how could I make it better.
Please atleast read the thread all the answers about yer free heat exchanger are there .If you have true questions about how the whole thing works and what could be done to make it better please contribute .
If you have 8 questions about HI chillers and ice boxxes start yer own thread or better yet call H.I.
Please dont let this thread turn into a spam problem I would rather it died

no thanks all the info needed is in here i will just ask any ? needed in here

:fsu:

everyone has a asshole and does not need another

Bozo

Like I said this isnt an ask H.I. questions thread .If you feel the need to take the thread off track thats yer right go ahead .

Bahh how fucked thread starts as a dyi and ends up a H.I question and answer .I have contacted a Mod to see if I can get this thread closed .

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
Anyone who would like to advertise products on these boards should contact admin about buying a banner (paying for their ad space)

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.