What's new

Water cooled co2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bozo,

You can use a heat exchanger outside if you have cold air to blow through it, then you wouldn't need as big of a res.

We are developing aluminum finned tubing that can be buried in the ground. The hot water line from the equipment would circulate though it before reentering the res. For cold climates this a very inexpensive and effective way to cool down the water.

You can bury copper tubing and get the same results but copper is very expensive.

Bozo,

Put your res outside and put antifreeze in it if you are worried about it freezing, take advantage of your cold climate. This water would be great to use to cool your reflectors too with Ice Boxes. You can't use any less energy to cool your garden than that.

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
My wait is over? I checked your site a week ago and it wasn't available then so it must have just happened. Thanks for the clarification on products.

I'm on it !!

Bozo

I am just going to say the dew point in a grow room is a complicated and will vary .I had to insulate the waters discharge line thats how cold my water is leaving burner so thats how cold it is in both heat exchangers.You are saying alluminium condensates less?
I dissagre it cools better so will condense more.
Your Ice Box looks to be copper tube just like a heater core and alluminium fins just like a heater core .Ford has a few bucks in testing heater core/ radiator effeciency over the years I trust they have made them very effecient at tranfering heat
All in all still worth it just be careful where you mount this water cooled stuff so it cant drip on electrical equipment
Another example is my air intake for cooling lights .It is soo cold in winter uninsulated runs including fan before the heat of first light will condensate worse than anything else .Once it has gone through first light it is warmer so it doesnt condensate .The alluminium flex condensates worse than the metal pipe because it tranfers cool out of it better than metel pipe .

Bozo

Yeah i looked too so I could see a price on it Grow light express has it listed as coming soon as of 2/09.Same place has the hydrogen on sale for 319.00 thats a smokin deal concidering you ger the regulator and 12 ft hose along with the 02 depletion sensor.
Impatience is what created this thread. I dont like to wait I have things to get done

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Yeah i looked too so I could see a price on it Grow light express has it listed as coming soon as of 2/09.Same place has the hydrogen on sale for 319.00 thats a smokin deal concidering you ger the regulator and 12 ft hose along with the 02 depletion sensor.
Impatience is what created this thread. I dont like to wait I have things to get done
I am the same way. I love DIY projects and build as much as i can for my room. I started reading your thread to build one of the C02 units as you did. You built a fine unit by the way. Good Job !!

Yeah, I searched allot last night. No Ice Boxes anywhere. I was gonna replace 12 - 600 watt air cooled hoods with the water cooled tubes but the Ice Box seems to be a better option IMO. I may have to hit a junk yard and get to building !!

who me,

Still not ready yet, sorry. We are trying hard to get them here but it's taken more time that we thought. Just making sure things are just right.

Once we do have stock we will post on this thread letting everyone know that they are available, and instead of only offering these for new purchases, we will offer them to the IC mag readers for free, buyer pays shipping charges. This offer will be for available for 60 days or 500 units whichever comes first. This way everyone can take advantage of the offer.

As it looks now we are still a few weeks out, like I said as soon as we receive the shipment we will let everyone know.

This is a picture of the almost finished prototype.

picture.php

fan side.
picture.php

Threaded copper tubing used in the Hydrogen and Ice Box.
picture.php

The threading increases the surface area giving a higher cooling efficiency.

boston

Pirate, Infinite Season in Des Moines IA says they have 11 coming in today, give them a call at 515-975-9358.
There where only 100 units shipped nation wide on the first shipment, stores had to act fast to get them.

i know this is a bit old but
infinte season still has around 10 or so of the ice boxes :joint:

seen them yesterday
look nice and really nothing like the proto in the above post

The prototype pictures above are of the small heat exchanger that will be mounted on top of the HydroGen, it is smaller than the Ice Box. It is for removing the last little bit of heat coming out of the HydroGen.

M

moses224

just got email back from company
they said both sunlight and water farm carry for $399.00 each just a few dollars more then genie 1..........i did email back asking if a separate chiller is required or just fill and drain line....fyi

Update, there is a small quantity of heat exchangers for the top of the HydroGen.

Here are a couple shots of a grow using Ice Boxes , they are working so well that the room can actually made too cold! Remember that you must have the air go through the reflector then blow through the Ice Box , not through the Ice box first.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Bodhi Roach

OOOOOH!! COTY!!!

Thats SEXY!! Do you have any shots of the hook up side on the IB?

Do you have any shots of the hydo or the oxy in a working setup that you can post?

Thanks for this thread BOZO and COTY

Bozo

H.I. will be offering a custom "Ice Box" for the HydroGEN. It will install directly and securely on top of the ducting flange (has a ducting flange on the other side too). This heat exchanger will be supplied with the unit at NO additional charge to the customer. They are way ahead of you on that.

Will everyone who bought a unit with out the exhaust heat exchanger be getting one free stiill?

Status
Not open for further replies.