What's new

True Oaxacan Highland Land Race Sativa and 'Sticky Retardo'

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I remember years ago. (my memory isn't that great but from what I remember...) when gypsy was offering them he had gone to mexico in search of seeds I think and ended up making a friend with a student of botany at a college in oaxaca. He didn't have any real oaxaca but he had a good sativa strain.

gypsy gave some out free and called it oaxaca. but from two people I trust that grew it out they said it was nice weed. but was not oaxaca. or at least not any of the familiar oaxacan varieties, like highland or lowland.

pescador

motaco said:
I remember years ago. (my memory isn't that great but from what I remember...) when gypsy was offering them he had gone to mexico in search of seeds I think and ended up making a friend with a student of botany at a college in oaxaca. He didn't have any real oaxaca but he had a good sativa strain.

gypsy gave some out free and called it oaxaca. but from two people I trust that grew it out they said it was nice weed. but was not oaxaca. or at least not any of the familiar oaxacan varieties, like highland or lowland.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I just read a few days ago after my post to you that it was given to him by a botanist. I should have bookmarked the page, as now i can no longer find it...but i will try to find it and quote gypsy directly. I think that he said the guy gave him several seeds from different batches. You know your shit so I will trust what you say though about the phenos.

pescador

pescador said:
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I just read a few days ago after my post to you that it was given to him by a botanist. I should have bookmarked the page, as now i can no longer find it...but i will try to find it and quote gypsy directly. I think that he said the guy gave him several seeds from different batches. You know your shit so I will trust what you say though about the phenos.

Sorry, what I said is not exactly what he said:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=39507&page=3&pp=15&highlight=oaxacan

GYPSY: "The Oaxacan sativa came from an expedition I made to Oaxaca many years ago......I met up with a botanist there who put me onto a few seeds from the area.......I smoked the erb' to test it and was most impressed by the uppity high it gave me......buds looked fairly dense for a tropical sat....I have not grown it myself so could not exactly comment upon its exact growth characteristics.....

...Please grow it out and tell us all about it...."

Motaco...do you know of a good source for some real HOG beans? I want to make a cross with an F13 from DJ. Would be nice to get what oaxacspice has! Those look great! The Brazilian Seed company says they will have some in the next year...but i am not sure if i can wait that long! Cheers!

Last edited:

pescador

What you have there in the last pics is the closest landrace to the DJ short oaxacan hybrid lines I have ever seen in terms of looks at least...though you were not in Oaxaca, the resemblance is undeniable! Check out the F13 by DJ... Thanks!
:yoinks:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
So beautiful! I'd love a good Mexican landrace strain. I have Gypsy's Mexican and Oaxacan freebies. Never even opened the bags. I grew out a pure Indian sativa last year that took about 12-14 months from start to finish. I don't smoke all that much, so I'm still smoking on my harvest from last year! I'm gonna be harvesting Sensi Hindu Kush in a week or so, and Durga Mata and Jamaican Pearl will be next. I love being a grower :D

pescador

Neptune...do you have a smoke report for that strain? thanks.
Glock....the indian you grew looked amazing! Did you make some seeds?

zamalito

Veteran
Here's some pics of my oaxacan pelo rojo (red hair). To those that remember the old imported oaxacan buds these should be a strong reminder except without the immense seed quantities the oaxacans almost always had.

Oaxaca

10749P1010377-med.JPG

10749P1010362-med.JPG

10749P1010361-med.JPG

10749P1010353-med.JPG

Love the pics of the Sticky Retardo and the Oaxacan. Havn't smoked any good
Sativa Dominant strains in a long time. Here its been a lot of Kush, purps and
Lavender weed. Miss the soaring high of the Sativa

New pictures from another batch of the exact same landrace that the original pictures in this thread are from. Didnt get pictures of any large buds, but hes some I broke up and was smoking on.. notice the tell tale sign of outdoor growing, the catepillar hiding in the bud :p

True Oaxacan Highland Landrace, circa 1978.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
update

update

so far so good,,, still producing funky patterns with pronounced nodes for such a young plant,,, gonna have some fun with this one :dance:

paz :canabis:

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
100% pure sativa

100% pure sativa

still growing slowly, but has finally found its feet:

these internodal shoots start at the 2-3 node up :D

100% pure sativa ?? yeah-mon :canabis:

Last edited: